H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 05-26-2005, 01:59 AM

skeeter is off the scale

Hey Killian, Congrats..... the Sewell staff is top notch. I know they treated me like a King, when I bought mine. Ofcourse they got to see me alot when I was waiting for the H3's to come in. Sewell will be the number one volume Hummer dealer in the country most likely. I am like you, The sunroof is great, if its not raining it's open, and the H3 is so much FUN to drive. ENJOY!!!!
Old 05-26-2005, 02:16 AM

Mike smith is off the scale

Hey Killian, I may be the one you had heard say the turning radius was bad , but I was refering to my GMC Canyon thinking they might be about the same. If your "rad" seems better- then great, maybe there are improvements over the canyon/colorado platform! Waiting to see for my self the differences when Kachina gets their alotment in..........
Old 05-26-2005, 02:21 AM

Mike smith is off the scale

Killian, just wondering, my Canyon makes a weird whistle sound when a/c is engaged. Did you experience anything weird noises like that? Since the a/c should be identical thought maybe they might not of come up with fix for it. I belong to Coloradofans.com and often have heard similar complaints about the Colorado/Canyon.
Old 05-26-2005, 02:39 AM
Hummer Professional

killian is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhilD:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by killian:
The brush guard is hollow as well, did I expect it not to be? I think maybe so. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Just about every brushguard I've ever seen is hollow, so that is normal. 1/8" wall pipe is pretty common.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The strut assisted back door is nice but the cargo area is a little smaller than I expected. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>How did you find the swing of the tail gate? On the demo I lloked at it swumg way too fast and could easily injure someone, especially a child. But it could just have been that one.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The 33's didn't whine at all on the freeway, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Wouldn't expect them to make a noise, they are a mild AT and I would expect them to be very quiet.

Congratulations on your purchase, enjoy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I mis spoke about the brush guard. I knew that it would be hollow, what I didn't expect was the opening at the top to show that it was hollow. The brush guard on the H2 is hollow, but it has a somewhat solid appearance. On the H3 it just looks a little cheesy because you can see that it's hollow at the top. Does that make sense?

The swing of the tailgate is slow and controlled. Not too fast, not too slow, just right. Sort of like the speed of the lift up gate on the H2. Skeeter, do you agree?
If and when the strut goes out, the gate will become a deadly weapon.
Old 05-26-2005, 02:46 AM
Hummer Professional

killian is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike smith:
Killian, just wondering, my Canyon makes a weird whistle sound when a/c is engaged. Did you experience anything weird noises like that? Since the a/c should be identical thought maybe they might not of come up with fix for it. I belong to Coloradofans.com and often have heard similar complaints about the Colorado/Canyon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Zero noise from the A/c with the exception of normal fan blowing. I did however encounter an odd thing: Somewhere in west Texas I turned the A/c on only to have it spit water from all of the vents. It only lasted about 20 seconds but it freaked me out pretty good. I'm chalking it up to the high humidity and condensation. Anybody have any thoughts on this one?
Old 05-26-2005, 02:58 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd rather see pictures of the new toy.

Killian, admitting to giggling "like a school girl" isn't the best visual. Ear to ear grin is more like it.

Now hurry the F up with the pics before I call BS.
Old 05-26-2005, 03:04 AM

H3 Buyer to be? is off the scale

Let me say this, Killian is the coolest guy, and this website is sweeet. I actually took him up on the offer, and sat in the H3, and checked the thing out.

I am soooo excited that I ordered one, and hope I sell my car before the 26th so I dont have to trade it in. I want my H3 sooner, and I will go to Sewell as well without trade. F LEGEND and LUND...

The rear cargo door was awesome, opened very easily and closed just as easily. Killian thought the rear was a tad small but if you are carrying anything bigger the seats lay down very easily, and makes for lots of room! The side steps in chrome are very cool, and the interior with the dual color is very very good looking. The interior as I have heard many times here is not very GM (good thing) and the stearing wheel feels like it was made for me.

The exterior is larger in appearance than I thought, and will easily be mistaken for an H2. It looks nothing like a Jeep Liberty which had been a concern of mine. The stock wheels look cool, and scream hummer which I like alot.

I think we are all going to love these things, and now if we could just get some coming in :-)

I really want to say thank you again to Killian for allowing me to take a glance, I am sure you will be turning heads wherever you go around here in sunny PHX!
Old 05-26-2005, 03:09 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H3 Buyer to be?:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
So when you came up with that screen name did you give any thought to the future, like AFTER you bought an H3? Just wondering.
Old 05-26-2005, 03:28 AM
Hummer Professional

killian is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeLeon:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Oh, you know what else I suggest? Don't order the chrome package. The PLASTIC crome door handles feel lighter and cheaper than their non plastic counterparts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What are the black ones made of? The H3 that my dealer ordered doesn't have the chrome package but I really like the look of the chrome, so I wanted to upgrade.. can the black handles be polished or chromed? Are the chrome ones really that bad? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, the gray handles are plastic too. What I meant to say is that it almost felt as though they used a different grade of plastic on the chrome version.

Out of the 5 H3s on the lot, all of them had loose door handles, mine included. Loose meaning that they felt like they would come off if you yanked on them hard enough. The H3 with the chrome package was the first H3 that I had seen in person. I tugged on the door handle but it was locked. The handle felt light weight, wobbly and cheap. I almost walked off the lot right then. In disbelief, I tried the other H3s without the chrome habdles and while they were loose feeling, they somehow felt more sturdy in design. I could be wrong but they felt half as sturdy and the non chrome version.

Hey builder, any idea? Is the plastic different or was I just jet lagged?

All that said, The chrome looks nice, Just don't touch it.
Old 05-26-2005, 03:32 AM

H3 Buyer to be? is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRTYFN:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H3 Buyer to be?:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
So when you came up with that screen name did you give any thought to the future, like AFTER you bought an H3? Just wondering. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well... uhhhh no I did not. Damn, back to the drawing board. LOL
Old 05-26-2005, 03:48 AM
Hummer Professional

DeLeon is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The H3 with the chrome package was the first H3 that I had seen in person. I tugged on the door handle but it was locked. The handle felt light weight, wobbly and cheap. I almost walked off the lot right then </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Killian,

Thanks a lot for your reply... so... what made you change your mind? I mean... I know that the over-all look of the truck could have but what do you think about the door handles now? Is there a way to make them stonger or you just have to keep your hands off them WTF?! They are door HANDLES?! Aren't you supposed to touch those things all the time?! LOL

PS. Are you in Scottsdale or Phoenix?
Old 05-26-2005, 04:29 AM
Hummer Professional

killian is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by firm:
How long is that trip? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Roughly 18 hours total drive time. (?) We lost about 2 hours outside of Dallas where there was a serious roll over accident with what we believe was atleast one fatality and they closed the freeway. Once we were on the road we only stopped for fuel and to switch drivers.

We kept the radio on the same XM station the whole time. You gotta love it: 3 states and no signal loss.
Old 05-26-2005, 04:42 AM
Hummer Professional

killian is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeLeon:
Hey Killian,

Thanks a lot for your reply... so... what made you change your mind? I mean... I know that the over-all look of the truck could have but what do you think about the door handles now? Is there a way to make them stonger or you just have to keep your hands off them WTF?! They are door HANDLES?! Aren't you supposed to touch those things all the time?! LOL

PS. Are you in Scottsdale or Phoenix? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm in Phoenix. Off of I-17 and Glendale Avenue.

The non chrome handles just felt more sturdy. I don't know, maybe I'm on crack. After looking at the non chrome version I calmed down a little.

There's a small, black rubber cap on the edge of the door, I guessing that behind that cap I'll find a 10mm bolt. I'm going to try and tighten it a half turn or so and see if the handle tightens. It's not crazy - loose, it's just mildly annoying. The chrome ones were crazy - loose just on one side.

After looking at everything this vehicle has to offer, I couldn't let a little thing like loose door handles put me off. That's why they make JB weld! But seriously, I can see this being an issue later down the road if it's not addressed now.
Old 05-26-2005, 05:02 AM
Hummer Professional

DeLeon is off the scale

Hey Killian,

I'm 4 hours away from you (near Yuma, AZ), if I hadn't that much work I would go up there to see your truck, I guess I'll just have to wait to get mine

So anyway, let's hope you can fix those door handles, I'm thinking that perhaps the dealer installed those door handles and that's why the bolts weren't that tight??

Well, that will not make me change my decision either but I want to get the chrome handles :-\

Thanks for all the info man, see you around!