H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 10-18-2005, 12:46 PM

Humgirl&guy is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rodster:
Another product idea: For those of us with rear tire carriers, make a replacement for the OEM license plate mount. And if you're feeling particularly creative, figure out a way to include a lock. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
got a picture of what u mean?
Old 10-18-2005, 12:54 PM

Billet side vent covers is one ill try! they look good out of alum ....and hood latches too
Old 10-18-2005, 12:54 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh, I remember you now.

What are you anyway? Are you a boy or a girl?

http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/5106011751/m/9...341046331#9341046331

http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/5106011751/m/6...701086331#8701086331
Old 10-18-2005, 12:55 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds to me like you may just have a whole new business now

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 10-18-2005, 12:56 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by h2co-pilot:
Oh, I remember you now.

What are you anyway? Are you a boy or a girl?

http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/5106011751/m/9...341046331#9341046331

http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/5106011751/m/6...701086331#8701086331 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

husband and wife......i did break down and buy the hummer over the vette....so glad ...very nice machine
Old 10-18-2005, 12:58 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

You know, you might be able to get a number of ideas from the H3 crowd as well since they are new to the market.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 10-18-2005, 12:59 PM

rodster is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Humgirl&guy:
got a picture of what u mean? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's the black thing the tag is mounted on. A replacement product needn't be as big -- just big enough to hold the tag and cover the lug nuts. The half-circle brow immediately above the tag is generally chrome or brushed silver; mine is modified.

Make this product with a lock and you'll solve two problems: First, the OEM part is a bad aesthetic design to begin with and doesn't really match the rest of the truck. Second, if you include a lock, it'll secure the tire and wheel.

Old 10-18-2005, 01:01 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummerNewbie:
Sounds to me like you may just have a whole new business now </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I wouldnt be interested in making a new buisness out of it.... but would like to solve some problems for some of the hardcore offroaders here who break these simple parts that are just a bad or cheap design. I know it would put a smile on my face not to be shut down over a cheap or bad design!
Old 10-18-2005, 01:07 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rodster:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Humgirl&guy:
got a picture of what u mean? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's the black thing the tag is mounted on. A replacement product needn't be as big -- just big enough to hold the tag and cover the lug nuts. The half-circle brow immediately above the tag is generally chrome or brushed silver; mine is modified.

Make this product with a lock and you'll solve two problems: First, the OEM part is a bad aesthetic design to begin with and doesn't really match the rest of the truck. Second, if you include a lock, it'll secure the tire and wheel.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ill take a good look at it when i goto the dealer to pick mine up. Ill let u know what my thoughts are.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:41 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dan:
Actually, DennisAJC is the one looking for them. He broke his out in Moab. The factory ones are plastic. I'm sure he'll see this and let you know more details. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alec W/xAltitude was the one that suffered the breakage.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:08 PM
Hummer Veteran

La.Swamp Lobster is off the scale

Hey I would love to replace mine as well...but am willing to pay for them...and here is a thought...how about the rear seat reclining parts...make some of those while your at it!...and how about a cb ant. mount that attaches to the rear tail light guards...man i have lots of ideas!
Old 10-18-2005, 03:31 PM

Bondage is off the scale

PLEEEEEEEEZE count me in for the air-suspension pieces! I hate the idea that, in reality, my whole a$$ end is being held up by those little plastic POS's! Uh oh....I mentioned my a$$ end. Go ahead Drty.....

Sean
Old 10-18-2005, 03:40 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bondage:
PLEEEEEEEEZE count me in for the air-suspension pieces! I hate the idea that, in reality, my whole a$$ end is being held up by those little plastic POS's! Uh oh....I mentioned my a$$ end. Go ahead Drty.....

Sean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
when i get a sample sent to me and if there simple to make ill cut out 10 or so and send them to only the guys that do serious offroading...no point in guys putting them on the go down the street...
Old 10-18-2005, 03:41 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bondage:

Sean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
when i get a sample sent to me and if there simple to make ill cut out 10 or so and send them to only the guys that do serious offroading...no point in guys putting them on rigsthat just go down the street... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 10-18-2005, 03:42 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Sean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No offense, but I doubt you wheel as hard as Alec.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:46 PM

do these air-suspension pieces break often and easy?
Old 10-18-2005, 03:49 PM
Hummer Veteran

Sean[/quote]
when i get a sample sent to me and if there simple to make ill cut out 10 or so and send them to only the guys that do serious offroading...no point in guys putting them on the go down the street...[/quote]

What is a street?..heck even my driveway( if you can call it that) is rougher than most people ever go offroading!
Old 10-18-2005, 03:52 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by La.Swamp Lobster:
Hey I would love to replace mine as well...but am willing to pay for them...and here is a thought...how about the rear seat reclining parts...make some of those while your at it!...and how about a cb ant. mount that attaches to the rear tail light guards...man i have lots of ideas! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i can make u some parts....would like to take care of the guys who do the serious offroading and provide the great pics first.... i could imagine spending the money and time they do on these trips and have a cheap or bad designed part fail.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:56 PM

who ever has the sample....just send me a private message and ill get u the shipping addy.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:12 PM
Hummer Veteran

who ever has the sample....just send me a private message and ill get u the shipping addy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Take'n another trip on the 4th to ozoana tx. to play in the rocks there with mine..hope to get some great sHots going up a real small hill named the widow maker...i sure hope i make it back, because my h2 is just a bit wider than My 4 wheeler and it will be my first trip up in my H2...everyone thinks i am nuts to try because the path is so narrow and straight up incline and a straight drop off the side. And as for offraoding, I don't have a 12000 lb. warn and custom built bumper for nothing!