H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 09-08-2005, 01:28 PM
Hummer Deity

Fubar is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MovinH2:
Anyone use them. We have one at the local BP that we usually use, but I'm a little nervous taking the H2 through it. Will it even fit? If so has anyone tried it? I'm a little nervous it will do some damage or hurt the paint. I usually do it by hand, but it's a heck of a job cleaning one of these big boys. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Used them daily when I was in Moab...Can't find one here locally. Just check the height indication before you enter. Some are lower than others and remember to take off or lower any CB antenna that might be up there. The cross bars for the water sprayer and the sensor device will knock them off of down as they move arround the truck.
Old 09-08-2005, 03:25 PM
Hummer Professional

LoLo is off the scale

I run mine through all the time... only problem was when it ripped off my front license plate! Even though they are required in Texas, as a result of this problem mine now resides INSIDE the truck!

I still have no idea HOW it pulled it off, although the screws were tilted toward the center of the plate -- strange!

05 Desert Sand H2 Adv
Old 09-09-2005, 10:00 AM

AmericanPatriot is off the scale

I only use Touchless Wash. Lots of people say it's bad for the paint, the only thing I could see bad is that "hot wax" but the Car wash I go to doesn't have it.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:12 PM
Hummer Authority

MovinH2 is off the scale

Tried it today and nothing bad happened. But it did have a hard time getting off all the soap. The owner said it's probably because the jets weren't hitting the full surface of the H2 because of it's huge size. So I guess it's back to hand washing.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:04 PM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

I've got a power washer, a leaf blower (for drying), Mr.Clean's auto wash system, McGuire's this, Mother's that... the works

But the easiest wash I find is to use them 25cents wash places. The trick is to find one near a mall with underground parking that's tall enough for your H2.

The power washer setting is MUCH stronger, the foaming brush is really great at cleaning (tip: use the jet to "rinse" the brush first, in case the brush has debris from previous user), and the one I go to even has a seperate tire/wheel cleaning brush. But MOST IMPORTANTLY, they have SPOTLESS RINSE setting!!

I spent majority of my coins on this setting (a good 5 minutes soaking top to bottom ), then drive to the mall, shop a little, check out the latest 'Truckin issue, have lunch, and come back to a clean, spotless H2...

Good luck!
Old 09-10-2005, 02:06 AM
Hummer Professional

Efrain is off the scale

I always wash mine by hand; it takes me about two hours. also, I don't use any soap unless there's squashed bugs, especially on the grill and windshield. I would never take it no ANY car wash! Eventually the soap they use will affect the car paint. Although if you trade in your car each year, that shouldn't be a concern than.
Old 09-10-2005, 12:40 PM
Hummer Deity

Fubar is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Efrain:
I always wash mine by hand; it takes me about two hours. also, I don't use any soap unless there's squashed bugs, especially on the grill and windshield. I would never take it no ANY car wash! Eventually the soap they use will affect the car paint. Although if you trade in your car each year, that shouldn't be a concern than. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Eventually the soap they use will affect the car paint.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Where in the HELL is that statement coming from?

Having owned and operated an auto detailing biz for many years in CA I can assure you that the soap the car washes use will in NO way harm the paint or anyone who comes in contact with it.

In CA and I elsewhere there are "hand car washes" places where a couple of guys are in the tunnel with there hands in the soap washing your truck as it passes by. Do you really believe that if the soap was harmful these washers would be allowed to standing in it and working with it 8 hours a day?
Most of the soap used in the auto wash industry comes from one or two places in the country and is simply branded for various companies use. In most cases it is the same stuff that you can purchase over the counter at your local auto parts house, it just comes in 50 gallon barrels to the car washes instead of a few oz's to the end consumer in stores.
You're truck is in much greater danger of getting its paint damaged by those twirling brush things or the dangling cloth's that trap dirt and other crap as they drag off extra water before the truck goes to the blowers at the end. The cotton towels you're using to dry your truck in the driveway are causing more damage to the paint (swril marks from the drying effort) then the soap ever will.