H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 11-10-2006, 02:34 AM
Hummer Authority

Hummer Guy is off the scale
Default Re: Hummer Happening RIP OFF DAMAGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMMJAY
HUMMER events are sponcered by the customers.. every single person who buys a HUMMER.. a portion of the sales $ goes to a LMG (local maketing group) the LMG hires event planers,, Rworks, they intern hire a company to run the event,, O'Brians, they go out and test the area and determine what is safe and what is not in case like this one. 9 times out of 10 they run a pre exsiting track built jus for HUMMER's so there job is pretty easy. HUMMER dealers have no say in this process. It is Mandated as a condition of francise ownership that dealers provide there customers the oprotunity to attend these events they do this by giving the event co. names and #'s of their customers. "at the end of the day" the dealer looks like a hero if the cusomers had fun or a zero if they did not
All dealers have a say in the process--they're the ones who hire someone like o'briens. Dealers have the option of hosting their own events or out-sourcing them. They do get some help($) from Hummer (recently, they get even less since Hummer lessened the required # of HHs). I've never been to a HH where the dealer didn't pick up the entire bill. I've been involved in HHs that dealers get together and out-source the event so they don't have to deal with all the details. I've also been involved in HHs that dealers take care of everything down to the food and hacking down branches on the trails or digging new trails.

http://www.hummerguy.net
Old 11-10-2006, 04:47 AM
Hummer Veteran

MisterE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop
HUMMJAY, I see Macomb County...did you get your Hummer from Friendly?

Also, just a note, GM's labor rate for the Generator is 1.5 hours.

MisterE, please post the dealer's name. I'm curious about a manager who would state he would go to court to screw a customer for something the dealer had a say in. Need to let everyone know, who is interested in any car or truck this dealer sells should be purchased somewhere else.
I'm guessing Al Sierra around Flint/Grand Rapids.

Actually, I purchased in troy. Sorry if there was confusion the dealership and I were not talking about going to court, I was talking about taking the Hummer Happening people to court for the cost of the repairs.

I do find it interesting that other people also had cracked wheelwells, since this is my second.

Yes, the 2nd half of the day got WAY off track when the 'guides' decided just to follow this guide in a Chevy truck who took us to a one way mud hole that was uncharted by the guides.

BTW the RED H3 stuck on an angle in the photo's in the other threads is mine (it has an H3 flag holder in on pasenger D-ring). I got stuck like that because they had me enter a long water run when the guy before me exited to the end left, well he got stuck just outside, well I had speed up so that I didn't get caugt in middle and had no where to go so I had to exit the way they said not to. The spectators kept pointing out I was supposed to go left not straight...we tried to explain there was a rather large HUMMER that way and he may not like me rammed directly up his rear
Old 11-10-2006, 04:56 AM
Hummer Professional

CrisB is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterE
I got stuck like that because they had me enter a long water run when the guy before me exited to the end left, well he got stuck just outside, well I had speed up so that I didn't get caugt in middle and had no where to go so I had to exit the way they said not to. The spectators kept pointing out I was supposed to go left not straight...we tried to explain there was a rather large HUMMER that way and he may not like me rammed directly up his rear

You did right, MrE...they shouldn't have sent you in until the right route was clear, the best choice was to bury it rather than put it up the stuck one's @ss. Nonetheless, I love that shot of your nose 4 ft in the air!

You had a cracked wheelwell before? Did they cover under warranty? I'm being told mine most likely won't be covered...I must have "abused" it.
2006 H3 Adventure, green in & out, Line-X, no bling. Onboard air, Rino GPS, BVG roof rack, roof-mounted lights, Warn xd9000i winch, RR rails, Hunner's skid plates, custom UCP, rear tire rack, roofcam.

1965 IH Scout 80, fully restored with winch, lockers, Dana 44's...holds it's own to an H3.
Old 11-10-2006, 08:39 AM
Hummer Veteran

flyboy350 is off the scale
Wink Re: Hummer Happening RIP OFF DAMAGE

Is H3.007 really Oliver Stone???? Sounds like the people that organized that Off Road outing could be the same group that rented Kennedy that convertible in Dallas,,,,,,,
Old 11-10-2006, 05:16 PM
Hummer Veteran

HUMMJAY is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummer Guy
All dealers have a say in the process--they're the ones who hire someone like o'briens. Dealers have the option of hosting their own events or out-sourcing them. They do get some help($) from Hummer (recently, they get even less since Hummer lessened the required # of HHs). I've never been to a HH where the dealer didn't pick up the entire bill. I've been involved in HHs that dealers get together and out-source the event so they don't have to deal with all the details. I've also been involved in HHs that dealers take care of everything down to the food and hacking down branches on the trails or digging new trails.
I have a friend who is a product manager in Boston, he and the dealer he works for sponser there own events, This is rare to my knowlage. the dealer that you go to in texas must be really cool to do that all himself, but thats not how it works here in Michigan. I am sure most people are under the impresion that there dealers run the events.

Last edited by HUMMJAY : 11-10-2006 at 06:43 PM.
Old 11-10-2006, 05:21 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop
HUMMJAY, I see Macomb County...did you get your Hummer from Friendly?

Also, just a note, GM's labor rate for the Generator is 1.5 hours.

MisterE, please post the dealer's name. I'm curious about a manager who would state he would go to court to screw a customer for something the dealer had a say in. Need to let everyone know, who is interested in any car or truck this dealer sells should be purchased somewhere else.
I'm guessing Al Sierra around Flint/Grand Rapids.

I am a salesman at friendly. having said that please dont hate me I am not the enemy. I work here to suport my off-road addiction
Old 11-10-2006, 05:33 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris Burkhalter
You did right, MrE...they shouldn't have sent you in until the right route was clear, the best choice was to bury it rather than put it up the stuck one's @ss. Nonetheless, I love that shot of your nose 4 ft in the air!

You had a cracked wheelwell before? Did they cover under warranty? I'm being told mine most likely won't be covered...I must have "abused" it.

OMG! that was your truck Mr.E I've got foto's of that from bolth sides everybody loves'em
cris is right that was a prime example of the event team not knowing what the,,, they were doing
Old 11-10-2006, 05:46 PM
Hummer Authority

Big Z has a little shameless behaviour in the past

OK!...Three pages and NO PIC'S! ....Make something Happen Here!!
Old 11-10-2006, 06:02 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Z
OK!...Three pages and NO PIC'S! ....Make something Happen Here!!
all right I guess you've ben good heres your snak
Attached Images

Last edited by HUMMJAY : 11-10-2006 at 06:04 PM.
Old 11-10-2006, 06:09 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

My dealership runs their events and does a great job at it.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 11-10-2006, 06:30 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

I hosted 3 of my own events, no damage and the tweaks caused by some of our obsticals we fixed under warrenty for our customers. Sounds like a complete lack of prep on the dealer part.
1. contact the dealer owner or GM and explain.
2. Don't treaten law suit, when you say that we stop everything and say later..
3. Contact Hummer customer service and start a case number.
Old 11-10-2006, 06:49 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by usetosellhummer
I hosted 3 of my own events, no damage and the tweaks caused by some of our obsticals we fixed under warrenty for our customers. Sounds like a complete lack of prep on the dealer part.
1. contact the dealer owner or GM and explain.
2. Don't treaten law suit, when you say that we stop everything and say later..
3. Contact Hummer customer service and start a case number.

I have not tried calling Hummer Directly other than road side assistance, will try that route. But Hummer Happening # would not give me any information for contact said I had to wait for a phone call from GMR Works , dealer said that they would pass along my information to GM would not give me a contact of anyone to call there, and all I didn't threaten a lawsuit as in "I'm going to sue the lot of you". I simply stated that the situation was not acceptable, I understood GM position, the dealerships position and AGAIN I am not tlking of sueing my dealership I am talking about sueing Hummer Happening (a.k.a. Obriens) as that is who I paid to attend the event and who hosted it, regardless how the outsourced the work. I did tell my dealer that if this wasn't resolved behind the scenes I would pursue it. This was a "heads up" so if they heard about it I didn't want them to think I was "comming after them next, or trying to for a major windfall or something of that nature.

I can see what your saying, but why you would stop in your tracks knowing that a customer is upset enough to pursue in small claims court seams odd, especially when he isn't even taking you to court. I would think if anything when you talk to your GM rep on his behalf, since I do not have access to this individual it would be useful information to indicate that the situation will not be going away.

I guess in short, and I don't want this to come off wrong in an email, I think there is a big difference between explaining that you will be sueing to recoup expenses and threatening a lawsuit. I am just trying to be rational and lay my cards on the table so to speak so that the dealership understands fully how I plan to proceed.
Old 11-10-2006, 06:51 PM
Hummer Veteran

BTW

Please see the above photos that I attmepted to hang my vehicle up to dry during the event to allow all componets to dry
Old 11-10-2006, 07:03 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
...Hummer Happening (a.k.a. Obriens) as that is who I paid to attend the event...

Off topic and just curious here, how many have had to pay to go to an HH? My dealer does not charge the customers, provides meals as well as a gift bag with about $80 worth of goodies. Then I hear of dealers charging customers $100 to attend, don't provide food and there is no swag. What is up with that?

Old 11-10-2006, 07:07 PM
Hummer Veteran

Paid for both $50 no swag but food
Old 11-10-2006, 07:16 PM
Hummer Veteran

GREAT NEWS

My Dealership Came Through! They worked behind the scenes and resolved the matter to get the work fixed, I beleive under warranty. I do not want to say for sure as I do not want to commit them to other repairs or speak for the other trucks (sorry for the cover your butt statement but I felt it was prudent to do so). I just wanted to update you all the fiasco and what I consider it to be over! If any of you have a part # for the front fender plastic wheel well (I know many of you have cracked ones) I would love that because I would love to get an estimate on how much it will cost to fix. I think I will order the part via GM Parts direct and do it myself, when the crack gets worse. Overall since it has happened before I am not considering this part of the bad spotting.

I would definately like to see more posts in this thread because it has really given me some great information on Hummer Happenings, I always thought the local dealers got together spent the $$ and maybe hired experts from HH to come in and help, my eyes are now open that it differs greatly.

I do beleive I will attend again, but this time I will talk to the guys before going and HUMMJAY and other folks that were there that have posted I would love to get a smaller group together that I could trust to learn more wheeling with that I could simply say "I'm done today, I don't feel comfortable doing this to my vehicle with" The mounds were great and I am dying to go back..just at my own pace.

Thanks for all your input and this forum it was so helpful, I would have been lost without your help!
Old 11-10-2006, 07:31 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerNewbie
My dealership runs their events and does a great job at it.
X2 So does ours! But thankfully arv8r doesn't cook the food.

Some of the courses they've used they actually built from scratch for us.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:32 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Mister E, that's great news. Glad they worked it out.
Old 11-10-2006, 08:12 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenP
Mister E, that's great news. Glad they worked it out.

Sometimes whining works.

That's good news Mister E.

My Video Collectionez

Old 11-10-2006, 08:29 PM
Hummer Guru

Great news MisterE

Quote:
If any of you have a part # for the front fender plastic wheel well (I know many of you have cracked ones) I would love that because I would love to get an estimate on how much it will cost to fix. I think I will order the part via GM Parts direct and do it myself, when the crack gets worse.

I busted mine on a run recently but not sure exactly when or how. The part numbers are below but you will find that the shipping is about double the $28 part cost

LF fender liner - p/n 15859542; new p/n 15832721
RF fender liner - p/n 15859543; new p/n 15859542

Here is what mine looks like
Attached Images