H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 04-21-2006, 12:06 PM
Hummer Professional

Idaho-Hummer is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by european_liberal:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rick:
Marc... They didn't include the trip computer because this doesn't get 20+ MPG all the time. The last thing they want is you tuning into the 16 MPG that you are getting!

LOL I can see that... I saw a british car review once where they used the kick down on the H2. The driver was completly stunned when the trip computer went down to 1 MPG.

Btw: the journalist really liked the H2. He said, the H2 reminds you of what you loved about cars in the first place when you where a boy... "Every ride is an event." Actually an entertaining review. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

....most have been Top Gear?!?!
Old 04-21-2006, 12:07 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally posted by crotch_rocket_pilot:
Ask whatever you want. I will be completely honest. They are far from perfect vehicles but I still love mine.

And like others have said, ignore those of use who cant respond intelligently. Your alright with me Mr. Liberal (Although maybe not politically), anyone who can dish it back out here with something more intelligent than "Im rubber your glue" is ok with me.
let's see....... where... is... that. ignore button
Old 04-21-2006, 12:19 PM

european_liberal is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by Idaho-Hummer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by european_liberal:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rick:
Marc... They didn't include the trip computer because this doesn't get 20+ MPG all the time. The last thing they want is you tuning into the 16 MPG that you are getting!

LOL I can see that... I saw a british car review once where they used the kick down on the H2. The driver was completly stunned when the trip computer went down to 1 MPG.

Btw: the journalist really liked the H2. He said, the H2 reminds you of what you loved about cars in the first place when you where a boy... "Every ride is an event." Actually an entertaining review. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

....most have been Top Gear?!?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep. Typically british black humor. The only seriously funny car mag I know of.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:22 PM
Hummer Veteran

crotch_rocket_pilot is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by PARAGON:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crotch_rocket_pilot:
Ask whatever you want. I will be completely honest. They are far from perfect vehicles but I still love mine.

And like others have said, ignore those of use who cant respond intelligently. Your alright with me Mr. Liberal (Although maybe not politically), anyone who can dish it back out here with something more intelligent than "Im rubber your glue" is ok with me.
let's see....... where... is... that. ignore button </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im not sure but when you find it I will press it for you. I didnt say anything wrong, and if you took it personally that there must have been a reason....
Old 04-21-2006, 12:35 PM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Hi All,

I am looking into buying an H3 and ran into the following bigger and minor issues:

Engine:
little bit underpowered.
Hopefully solved throu a Diesel. <span class="ev_code_RED">Freelander</span>

Automatic transmission:
5 gears would be nicer... also for fuel economy <span class="ev_code_RED">Freelander</span> <span class="ev_code_RED">Defender</span>

Rear seats:
They dont fold down flat. Bad if you want to sleep in the car on a trip or if you have some real heavy load.<span class="ev_code_RED">Defender</span>

Limited sight:
That's the way it is, I guess. If you like the car for its looks, you have to live with that.

Finally a question regarding the computer:
The computers on other trucks feature infos like average gas milage, current gas milage, average speed, miles left on the tank. Is it the same on the H3?

I am really courious in how far these are actual issues in daily life. Any feedback welcome.

Thank you,

Marc
Old 04-21-2006, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Idaho-Hummer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by european_liberal:
Hi All,

I am looking into buying an H3 and ran into the following bigger and minor issues:

Engine:
little bit underpowered.
Hopefully solved throu a Diesel. <span class="ev_code_RED">Freelander</span>

Automatic transmission:
5 gears would be nicer... also for fuel economy <span class="ev_code_RED">Freelander</span> <span class="ev_code_RED">Defender</span>

Rear seats:
They dont fold down flat. Bad if you want to sleep in the car on a trip or if you have some real heavy load.<span class="ev_code_RED">Defender</span>
Marc
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are tons of Defenders around here and to be honest, I think they look like crap. The Freelander is no serious offroader, not even close.
My rationality says that the Defender might be better for what I need, but my heart says its got to be the H3...
I guess I've made my decision. Me driving an H3... that will really piss off my french, liberal, treehuggin, freedom Fries eating, gay pals. ROFL
Old 04-21-2006, 12:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crotch_rocket_pilot:

Im not sure but when you find it I will press it for you. I didnt say anything wrong, and if you took it personally that there must have been a reason.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Well, sport. You specifically mentioned something about responding intelligently. Then proceeded to hack up the English language, or does your apostrophe button not work? Not wrong you say..... yeah, you said many things wrong. Such as: "cant" "Your alright" "Im rubber your glue"

Thanks for playing.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
that will really piss off my french, liberal, treehuggin, freedom Fries eating, gay pals. ROFL
if no one can decipher this then I give up on the H3-ers
Old 04-21-2006, 01:17 PM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
that will really piss off my french, liberal, treehuggin, freedom Fries eating, gay pals. ROFL
if no one can decipher this then I give up on the H3-ers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where did that ignore button go.......found it.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:23 PM
Hummer Professional

deicustoms1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sowwy we hurt your wittle fewlings. But, you did sign your posts "Treehugger" on more than one occasion. The same treehuggers that attack our vehicles because they are too cowardly to confront the owners. Bad move on your part, as well as the name. I'm not a political person, but I just don't like your name, your avatar, or your attitude! Reminds me way too much of early troll/treehuggers, and for good reason.

You can find all this information by using the Find button, give it a try. These questions come up every week.

Another reason not to trust you...I located a shocking picture of you. Flipping off a stretched version of our big brother, now that's just not nice at all, treehugger.

Old 04-21-2006, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dei???????:
Sowwy we hurt your wittle fewlings. But, you did sign your posts "Treehugger" on more than one occasion. The same treehuggers that attack our vehicles because they are too cowardly to confront the owners. Bad move on your part, as well as the name. I'm not a political person, but I just don't like your name, your avatar, or your attitude! Reminds me way too much of early troll/treehuggers, and for good reason.

You can find all this information by using the Find button, give it a try. These questions come up every week.

Another reason not to trust you...I located a shocking picture of you. Flipping off a stretched version of our big brother, now that's just not nice at all, treehugger.

LOL. Reading throu your post, it seems I hurt your "wittle fewlings" more than you did mine. If you follow the history of this thread, you'll notice that I started to sign me posts with 'treehugger' in response to your use of stereotypes.

btw: If I sign my posts with 'treehugger' this would be either quite ironic (you know what that means?) if I am not a treehugger or very uncowardly confronting if I was one. You decide.

Old 04-21-2006, 01:45 PM
Hummer Professional

Still going with tree-hugger, hiding behind the internet does not make you "very uncowardly confronting".
Old 04-21-2006, 02:49 PM
Steve - SanJose

I like that Hummer limo with the Elvis Costello wannabe picture. Cool.

S.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:09 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:

Im not sure but when you find it I will press it for you. I didnt say anything wrong, and if you took it personally that there must have been a reason.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Well, sport. You specifically mentioned something about responding intelligently. Then proceeded to hack up the English language, or does your apostrophe button not work? Not wrong you say..... yeah, you said many things wrong. Such as: "cant" "Your alright" "Im rubber your glue"

Thanks for playing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your arguing symantics, not intelligence. Just because I havent placed an apostrophe appropriately proves nothing. It just means I chose not to put it there, at worst you can call me lazy.. When someone asks an intelligent question and you start responding "go away dumbass", thats different. I do have to say I'm wrong, it has nothing to do with intelligence but more with maturity. Anyhow, my point is there is no reason to start acting like your twelve when making a point about something. I'm not sure where all this pent up anger comes from. Personally I think some people just act like this to stir the pot a little. Maybe they dont have enough to do at home, lol.

I love the H3 otherwise I wouldnt have purchased it, and I wouldnt be here. I just think there is better ways to prove a point.

And I still didnt use my apostrophes....how do ya like that!
Old 04-21-2006, 11:18 PM
Hummer Professional

Quote:

Quote:
I do have to say I'm wrong

Quote:
I'm not sure where all this pent up anger comes from

Make up your mind, use them or don't use them, just don't abuse them.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:21 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:

Quote:
I do have to say I'm wrong

Quote:
I'm not sure where all this pent up anger comes from

Make up your mind, use them or don't use them, just don't abuse them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehe, this is a forum. Not a spelling contest. Did you really take the time to spell check my post? You have too much time on your hands my friend.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:36 PM
Hummer Professional

No, I didn't take the time to spell check your post. I just read it, my mind is more complex and I have this super ability that lets me see where you didn't put in an apostrophe, and where you did, and where you claimed you didn't.

Yes, I do have a lot of time on my hands, but that's my positive, and not yours!

I didn't claim it was a spelling contest, but we can't have people running around here lying about things such as not using apostrophes in their post, when clearly they did. If we did, who could we trust?
Old 04-22-2006, 01:00 AM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
No, I didn't take the time to spell check your post. I just read it, my mind is more complex and I have this super ability that lets me see where you didn't put in an apostrophe, and where you did, and where you claimed you didn't.

Yes, I do have a lot of time on my hands, but that's my positive, and not yours!

I didn't claim it was a spelling contest, but we can't have people running around here lying about things such as not using apostrophes in their post, when clearly they did. If we did, who could we trust?

Thanks for the good laugh! The sarcasm wasnt wasted. I appreciate a smartass, because I can be one myself sometimes.
Old 04-22-2006, 02:12 AM
Hummer Veteran

Rick is off the scale

Quote:
...my mind is more complex and I have this super ability ...

Dude... You're anything but complex...
2006 H3 - Luxury - Superior Blue - Sunroof - Chrome Pkg. - Chrome Step Tubes - AVN30D with rear view camera and iPod connection - Volant CAI - MagnaFlow dual exhaust - Throttle Body Spacer - Train Air Horn (to be installed) - More adds to come (New shoes & supercharger!)

1990 Porsche C2 (911) - Highly modified and very, very fast!
Old 04-22-2006, 02:17 AM
Hummer Professional

At least I can tell the difference between someone who is really interested in purchasing an h3, and one that wants to come point out negatives to start ****.

Dude