H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 07-25-2003, 08:02 PM

maybe some day... is off the scale

Krispy Kreme doughnuts opened their first store in NJ this week. According to the local paper there were 150 people in line for the 5:30am opening and they sold 36,000 doughnuts by 12:00 noon.
What vehicle did they choose to park outside and promote the opening? You guessed it...

Old 07-26-2003, 01:58 PM
Hummer Professional

tanklizard is an unknown quantity at this point

The Pennsylvania National Guard has a Humvee they've detailed up and use for recruitment .
Keystone Kruiser

Here it is at Ft. Indiantown Gap:

They installed quite a sound system in it:

[This message was edited by tanklizard on 07-26-03 at 09:11 AM.]
Old 07-26-2003, 02:11 PM
Hummer Professional

Here it is with new, more agressive tires:

It's literally a trailer queen. I see it all the time sitting on it's trailer over at the recruitment HQ. They haul it around with a brand new Excursion. I wish we had that kind of money in my office .
Old 07-29-2003, 01:24 PM
H2 Club Houston Chapter Founder

BADRAP is off the scale

THOSE ALL LOOK SILLY, IT DEGRADES THE HUMMER NAME...
Old 07-29-2003, 04:08 PM
Hummer Professional

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>THOSE ALL LOOK SILLY, IT DEGRADES THE HUMMER NAME...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Attitude check...He’s got one!

In all seriousness your response reeks of arrogance and snobbery. I came here to gather information about H2’s. I will probably never own an H2 personally but I may present a plan to my chain of command to use them as patrol vehicles (Military Humvees aren’t an option; we have to get our vehicles from the civilian market.) The few times I’ve posted have been subjects I thought the people here would find interesting. If this is the kind of response I get I’ll be more than happy to leave.

Sgt. Eicholtz
Range Control
Ft. Indiantown Gap

PS What does a Johnny-come-lately know about the “Hummer Name?” We in the military have been using it decades before GMC bought the “rights.”
Attitude check...Yea, I’ve got one too.
Old 07-29-2003, 04:20 PM
H2 Club Houston Chapter Founder

BADRAP is off the scale

Man Tank don't take it so personal..
I was not specifically talking about yours, sorry you have a guilty conscience. I just do not feel that an H2 as a billboard is not a good idea... I think that they are tacky looking, and yes I have an H2 and I have no advertising on it at all...
Old 07-29-2003, 05:20 PM

Does every thread here have to deteriorate like this? What the hell is the point of posting a blatant statement like "those all look silly it degrades the Hummer name" in all caps no less so you basically shouted it out to everyone???
Opinions are like "wrinkled grommets" - we've all got 'em... and they're usually best kept to ourselves - especially when stated in such a strong manner.
I don't have my H2 yet and this thread was started (by ME) to discuss the merits or pitfalls of advertising a business on the H2. I can only justify this stupid truck if my business is paying for it - otherwise it's nothing more than another toy. Thanks for making so plain what you think about it...
Old 07-29-2003, 06:21 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Everyone is getting so sensitive lately. When BadRap said he didn't care for the rolling billboard it wasn't an attack, he was just expressing his opinion.
Tanklizard, as a newbie, might I suggest you take a moment to assess the tone of the forum and try to get a general feel for some of the members' personalities, sort of a recon mission. If you want to see someone get jumped watch when Chris opens his pie-hole. It's always entertaining.
As for your pics, Thanks. It's awlays interesting to see what else is out in the world- good, bad & indifferent.
Welcome & enjoy.
Old 07-29-2003, 06:23 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

And Chris, don't think I'm going soft. Tanklizard is a Hummer Driver and has a unique name. Now go try to stay out of the sun, you friggin' troll(Chris).
Old 07-29-2003, 06:43 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DRTYFN:
Everyone is getting so sensitive lately.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The sensitivity might be because if we're not making pointless responses to trolls we're squabbling amongst ourselves over other pointless stuff... trolls are best ignored - completely - and expressing opinions by shouting them in all caps with no "YMMV, IMO, IMHO, etc, etc" is just rude. Nobody asked Badrap to have a Hummer emblazoned with the Marine Corp stuff as HIS daily driver - but he still had to take it as somehow degrading whatever Hummer he IS driving. As expressed in several other threads this forum is less enjoyable than it used to be.

Note to Badrap - nothin' personal dude, we've had some good chats and whatnot - but stuff like this is why people quit posting here...
Old 07-29-2003, 07:58 PM
Hummer Expert

Hummer Man is off the scale

AWSOME - GREAT GRAPHICS!
Old 07-29-2003, 10:17 PM
Hummer Professional

Mr. Rosoff,

Thank you for your message, it was greatly appreciated.
Basically I let that individual's comment get under my skin a little farther than it should have.
I'll continue to lurk around this site (I'm very good at lurking) and contribute where I may.

Sincerely
Sgt Eicholtz

PS How well protected is the radiator on the H2. We recently received a pair of F350s as patrol vehicles and one of my people some how managed to get a good sized stick under the bumper and into the radiator. The paperwork involved with replacing a radiator on a truck with less than 1,000 miles was less than pleasant.
Old 12-22-2003, 02:04 AM

Here's a wrapped H2 that will be heading for CES in January.