H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 07-19-2005, 07:01 PM
Hummer Authority

wannabeH3 is an unknown quantity at this point

i would like the 9000's which size do u get tho? the h3 is too new and they dont list it
Old 07-19-2005, 07:53 PM
Hummer Expert

First Hummer is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wannabeH3:
i would like the 9000's which size do u get tho? the h3 is too new and they dont list it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was just told from the place I ordered from, that they dont have Rancho shocks for H3 yet.I will just have to wait sorry for the tease.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:13 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by First Hummer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wannabeH3:
i would like the 9000's which size do u get tho? the h3 is too new and they dont list it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was just told from the place I ordered from, that they dont have Rancho shocks for H3 yet.I will just have to wait sorry for the tease. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

...and they won't for a while. You have to go into a 4wheel parts center or 4X store and have them pop your shocks off to see how they mount and get their extended and compressed lengths. after this, it should be easy. that's what the first H2 guys had to do I believe. Man, it's been so long now, i cannot remember.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:15 PM
Hummer Expert

First Hummer is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timgco:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by First Hummer:

I was just told from the place I ordered from, that they dont have Rancho shocks for H3 yet.I will just have to wait sorry for the tease. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

...and they won't for a while. You have to go into a 4wheel parts center or 4X store and have them pop your shocks off to see how they mount and get their extended and compressed lengths. after this, it should be easy. that's what the first H2 guys had to do I believe. Man, it's been so long now, i cannot remember. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for info.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:50 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Since the H3 shares so much with the Colorado/Canyon, contact Rancho ( http://www.gorancho.com ) and find out if the shocks cross-apply. I would thing the mounting and everything would be the same. Travel might be the biggest problem.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:56 PM

rayenet is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Desert Dan:
Rayenet

Check your tire presure yourself and let us know what it is.

I would start with the air pressure around 32 PSI for starters and see how it rides.

Figure the H3 weighs 4700 lbs that is approximately 1200 lbs pound on each tire.

You only need the max pressure on your tires when fully loaded and the tire in near it's weight limit.
No need for 40 - 60 psi in your tires. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I checked and they're about 35 PSI all the way around.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:47 PM
Hummer Expert

Desert Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

I would experiment with lower air pressure say 30-32psi.

You want the tires to take up some of the bumps etc. on the hwy
With the live axle and leaf springs, the rear will bounce and take bumps rougher than the front with independent suspension. And on a turn the rear may bounce sideway a bit over bumps.

Each car is different and the wheel base etc will effect how the car/truck takes the bumps.

Out here in CA on the freeways there are expansion joints, on some of my vehicles the difference form 35 psi to 28psi would make all the difference.

35 psi would be great if you are fully loaded and going on a long high speed trip. This will reduce heat buildup and provide better handling

H3 2006 Adventure/Lux/5-speed/sunroof/rock rails/underbody skids/block heater/Boulder Grey/ Defender Roof Rack

Jeep TJ Rubicon 2003
1988 Jeep Cherokee

Gone - But- Not Forgotten 4x4's
1994 Jeep YJ
Toyota 4x4 Truck(s)
1970 Jeep CJ-5
1962 Willys Wagon
Old 07-20-2005, 02:08 PM

rayenet is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Desert Dan:
I would experiment with lower air pressure say 30-32psi.

You want the tires to take up some of the bumps etc. on the hwy
With the live axle and leaf springs, the rear will bounce and take bumps rougher than the front with independent suspension. And on a turn the rear may bounce sideway a bit over bumps.

Each car is different and the wheel base etc will effect how the car/truck takes the bumps.

Out here in CA on the freeways there are expansion joints, on some of my vehicles the difference form 35 psi to 28psi would make all the difference.

35 psi would be great if you are fully loaded and going on a long high speed trip. This will reduce heat buildup and provide better handling </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the tips!
Old 07-20-2005, 10:08 PM
Hummer Veteran

FormerJeeper is off the scale

Rayenent,

I drive between SF and SJ on I280 and I101 everyday and don't have any issues.

BTW, Rancho shocks are not the best in the world.
Bilstein or Old Man Emu Remote Resevoirs are the best I've put on a vehicle (and yes I've had RX9000s with and without the air supply several times and they are an 'average' shock at best).

-C
Old 07-20-2005, 10:36 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Well, I can speak from experience here except for the ARB shocks. I have had Bilsteins and they IMO they will not help with choppy bumps. They do not have the same type valving as the Rancho 9000 or RSX and the Edelbrocks (as well as other expensive shocks) have. The 9000s are adjustable, other than that the Rancho RSX are the next best Rancho shock.

A few H2 owners have put on and taken of the Bilsteins because they are softer than even the stock shocks. To my knowledge the ARBs are designed the same way and do not have the active valving either and that is the key that takes out the chattery bumps.

To suggest that the Rancho shocks are "average at best" is ignorant.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:05 AM

rayenet is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FormerJeeper:
Rayenent,

I drive between SF and SJ on I280 and I101 everyday and don't have any issues.

BTW, Rancho shocks are not the best in the world.
Bilstein or Old Man Emu Remote Resevoirs are the best I've put on a vehicle (and yes I've had RX9000s with and without the air supply several times and they are an 'average' shock at best).

-C </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I experienced those bumps going south on 280 in the middle lane around the Serramonte exit and on the 280 to 101 transition in San Jose.

Another time was in the slow lane going north on 280 exiting the Sneath Lane and San Bruno Ave exits.

I haven't had those jolts lately because I don't travel the same routes everyday, but I'm going to keep better tabs on exactly where they happen and go around and attempt them again.