H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 09-12-2007, 11:21 PM
Hummer Expert

RazM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by obzidian
But, again, imo, if you are looking for fun, and a surprisingly comfortable, confident ride, get the H2. The h3, with all due respect, doesn't compare.

Oh it compares, and beats the H2 in many regards. Of course, it doesn't compare in the ego boost some of you get being 3 inches wider on each side... I understand, some of you need that...

Better water fording, better turning radius, and with 35's, equal or better approach, departure, and breakover angles, and you're not carrying all that useless fat around.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:00 PM
Hummer Professional

Captain of the Titanic is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazM
Oh it compares, and beats the H2 in many regards. Of course, it doesn't compare in the ego boost some of you get being 3 inches wider on each side... I understand, some of you need that...

Better water fording, better turning radius, and with 35's, equal or better approach, departure, and breakover angles, and you're not carrying all that useless fat around.

I've had both... The H3 is for, no offense intended, shorter smaller framed people. Off road, I actually think the H3 is at least as good (once you lose the Mall Terrain Tires). 3 tons+ (H2) seems to have it's downside at times. On the pavement, there's no comparison - The H2 is the way to go.

I think they are both worthy of being called Hummers!
2006 Twilight Maroon H2, Procomp 6001 rims, 35" X 12.5 X 17 Xterrain tires, Ram over-the-hood brush guard, Jet Stage I, Warn 9.5 winch and winch bumper, Hedman Headers, K&N Air charger, Lightforce driving lights, a little CHROME for good measure

2006 Victory Red H3 (The Titanic), R.I.P. - It didn't float

1968 Mustang GT convertible

2005 Harley Davidson Hertitage Softail, Stage I, Vance and Hines Big Shot Longs - Sold

2004 Jaguar S-Type (the wifemobile)
Old 09-13-2007, 11:51 PM
Hummer Authority

mikejr is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain of the Titanic
I've had both... The H3 is for, no offense intended, shorter smaller framed people. Off road, I actually think the H3 is at least as good (once you lose the Mall Terrain Tires). 3 tons+ (H2) seems to have it's downside at times. On the pavement, there's no comparison - The H2 is the way to go.

I would agree with you. I've not ridden in the H3 but have sat in them and felt the H2 was a more comfortable vehicle for me being I am 6'4". No digs on the H3, always thought they were sharp trucks. I agree, both are worthy of wearing the HUMMER badge.

2008 H2 Lux Series, Slate Blue, everything but the air suspension - sold

2006 H2 Lux Series, Uplevel Chrome, DVD's, Slate Blue, Sun Roof - sold

"If Life Gives You Limes, Make Margaritas" - Jimmy Buffett
Old 09-14-2007, 12:58 AM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain of the Titanic

No offense taken, considering I'm 6'5 250 pounds, and have never had issues with room or comfort in the H3. I've been in an H2, and I was surprised to find that the H3 has more leg stretch out room than the H2. The H2 definitely had more room in width obviously, but I was surprised that I had to bend my knees more in it than I do in the H3.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:55 AM
Hummer Veteran

Grizzy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
No offense taken, considering I'm 6'5 250 pounds, and have never had issues with room or comfort in the H3. I've been in an H2, and I was surprised to find that the H3 has more leg stretch out room than the H2. The H2 definitely had more room in width obviously, but I was surprised that I had to bend my knees more in it than I do in the H3.

Took home an H3 demo once, horrible interior compared to the H2 (yes the H3 was spanking new, only 5mi. when I drove it home, and boy what a loose miserable ride). Honestly felt like I was driving my sisters old Ford Explorer. It might just be the worst handling vehicle I've ever driven. Yes, it was that bad. Felt very unsecure at highway speeds, horrible breaking. Hell maybe there was something wrong with the one I drove other than the fact it wasn't an H2. As far as leg room, I'm only 6'1", 240lbs, hell yeah theres a difference in leg room! Perhaps you forgot to move your seat back in the H2 Razm. =P

Ego boost? Sorry, thats hardly the reason many of us H2 owners bought an H2. Honestly, I didn't lose any sleep the night I spent the extra 20k on the H2. I wasn't looking for the cheaper version H3 just to save money, or the extra fuel economy (not saying you did). I was going for the functionality 1st, the comfort 2nd, and of course the looks!! Sexy sexy BIATCH!!! Not to mention the H2 handles remarkably well, not just for what it is, but compared to anything I've ever driven. I personally wouldn't be caught dead in an H3. I offered my wife the opportunity to trade her 350Z in for an H3 because she wants a small SUV or pickup. Thought it would be cute her taking our child to soccer practice in. She said, "Not just NO, but HELL NO". She wants the H2. =)

Of course, if the H3 fits you, then it fits you. Personally, I hate the H3. Some day when the Iraq war is over, I'll be at the auction looking to buy a used military H1.

Last edited by Grizzy : 09-14-2007 at 03:06 AM.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:37 AM
Hummer Authority

mikejr is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

I'll have to check out the leg room thing tomorrow. My truck had a bad PCM from the factory and it goes in to get fixed tomorrow. They had a black H3 Alpha there that was pretty sharp oversized tired, was a nice looking rig. My mom took an H3 for a ride before she got her new exploder and didnt buy the H3 since it didnt have a v8 in it. Told her she should have waited! She likes my dad SUT.

2008 H2 Lux Series, Slate Blue, everything but the air suspension - sold

2006 H2 Lux Series, Uplevel Chrome, DVD's, Slate Blue, Sun Roof - sold

"If Life Gives You Limes, Make Margaritas" - Jimmy Buffett
Old 09-14-2007, 03:22 AM
Hummer Professional

dkhummerh2 is on a distinguished road

The h2 outperforms the h3 substantially.
dk
Old 09-14-2007, 05:28 AM
Hummer Professional

H2bill is on a distinguished road

As too the RR vs the H2 question, I'd say try them both out doing what you intend to do with it, and then buy which ever one you like. That's pretty simple. Things you may want to consider in choosing is how close the Hummer or RR dealer is to your house and how is customer service after the sale.

I do have a take on the H3 vs the H2. I had my eyes on the H2 since the day they came out but didn't get serious about them until the H3 came out. I test drove the H3 first and then the H2. There really was no comparison in handling and comfort (I had a Suburban at the time, and the H2 was much more comfortable on the highway). I bought the H2.

Since then I've spent a few days driving the H3 around as a loaner while my H2 was in the shop . Other than a very tight turning radius (and being a Hummer) the H2 has it over the H3 in every regard as far as I'm concerned.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:50 AM
Hummer Authority

RuggedH2 is on a distinguished road

This comparing of the H3 to the H2, on thread after thread is ridiculous.

I own and wheel both, and there are several others here who have owned both also. There are reasons the H2 costs $20,000 dollars more. To compare the two head to head is stupid, the advantage (especially in comfort) goes to the more expensive vehicle.

With that said, The H3 is a Hummer and wheels like a bad-ass. Some of the whining coming from some of the H2 owners probably stems from the fact that a good driver in a H3 can follow a good driver in an H2 almost everywhere, and sometimes (on tight trails and steep, loose terrain) the H3 will outperform the H2 due to weight, size and turning radius. When power comes in to play, the H2 again has the advantage.

As far as a RRS goes; Refinement is King for that vehicle. Macho it's not, metrosexual - definitely! People do stare at the Hummer, maybe it's cause my headlights are up so high they are shining in their eyes, or because they are afraid that the lifted Hummer might roll up their hood in an accident, (which it possibly could) or because they think they would like to drive one themselves, whatever. People don't notice Range Rovers, maybe the people you want to notice you - do.... other sophisticated metros and gays might, but I wouldn't know, and couldn't care less about them. I just want the idiots out there to realize.....that in traffic, Isaac Newton says - I win! He is right, and the Hummer states it well, all day long.

The H2 rides and performs well, but it's the statement it makes. My rules, my game, kiss my ass I don't care about your feelings or hang-ups. This rig is not for everybody. If you need to be convinced, go away....you aint got it.

Old 09-14-2007, 09:19 AM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzy
Took home an H3 demo once, horrible interior compared to the H2 (yes the H3 was spanking new, only 5mi. when I drove it home, and boy what a loose miserable ride). Honestly felt like I was driving my sisters old Ford Explorer. It might just be the worst handling vehicle I've ever driven. Yes, it was that bad. Felt very unsecure at highway speeds, horrible breaking. Hell maybe there was something wrong with the one I drove other than the fact it wasn't an H2. As far as leg room, I'm only 6'1", 240lbs, hell yeah theres a difference in leg room! Perhaps you forgot to move your seat back in the H2 Razm. =P

Ego boost? Sorry, thats hardly the reason many of us H2 owners bought an H2. Honestly, I didn't lose any sleep the night I spent the extra 20k on the H2. I wasn't looking for the cheaper version H3 just to save money, or the extra fuel economy (not saying you did). I was going for the functionality 1st, the comfort 2nd, and of course the looks!! Sexy sexy BIATCH!!! Not to mention the H2 handles remarkably well, not just for what it is, but compared to anything I've ever driven. I personally wouldn't be caught dead in an H3. I offered my wife the opportunity to trade her 350Z in for an H3 because she wants a small SUV or pickup. Thought it would be cute her taking our child to soccer practice in. She said, "Not just NO, but HELL NO". She wants the H2. =)

Of course, if the H3 fits you, then it fits you. Personally, I hate the H3. Some day when the Iraq war is over, I'll be at the auction looking to buy a used military H1.

The moment you said horrible handling and braking, and it felt insecure, I stopped reading your trash

What a bunch of crap, everybody who drives the H3 always says how it controls like a sports car, not 5000lbs+ truck, and the braking is the best I've ever experienced in an SUV. If you're gonna knock it, atleast make an ounce of sense.

BTW, the H3 runs 4 piston opposed calipers on the front, the H2 runs 2 piston calipers Yeah, braking really must've sucked in your 'test drive.' Getting your wife tampons doesn't count as test driving a truck.

Last edited by RazM : 09-14-2007 at 09:26 AM.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:42 AM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejr
I'll have to check out the leg room thing tomorrow.

Go for it, the measurements on Hummer.com even show that the H3 has more leg room. I know I'm not the first person on this site to mention it either. The way the pedals are placed in the H2, along with the closer firewall, the H3 has more stretch out leg room than the H2.

Not that it matters, considering you've got more area to spread your legs out to the sides. Just mentioning it since height was brought up as a BS arguement, especially considering the H3 has slightly better headroom numbers too...

Last edited by RazM : 09-14-2007 at 09:44 AM.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:14 PM
Elcova Rookie

RRS-Owns-All is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takecover
Depreciation on the RR is TERRIBLE! Right up there with Caddys and Lincolns. The only way I could see owning a new RR would be to lease, it is just unbelievable how bad the RR's depreciate. The H2's to me are not nearly as bad. Keep us posted, as both are really neat vehicles!

Jimmy

here in britain, the dpereciation is amazing on RRs as they are so sought after, you can excpect to pay around ?33k for an 05 HSE model.

Took a h2 for a test drive the other day, decided against buying one now, am gna stick wiv da RRs. I was lookin more for refinement and image than hardcore offroading,( which the RRS is no slouch at to be fair), and i want to be able to drive around my home town without people thinkng i'm some kind of rapper

thanks for all your help any way
Old 09-14-2007, 11:39 PM
Hummer Authority

I looked at RR's before I bought my H2. Never seriously considered one though. Effeminate little powder puff.

I wanted a vehicle to really play in, not to pose in, so I bought another Hummer.

RR owns all is afraid of being confused with a rapper, but obviously has no problem being associated with gays. You made the right call there RRSOA, we probably don't want you driving one either.

Old 09-15-2007, 03:50 AM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
The moment you said horrible handling and braking, and it felt insecure, I stopped reading your trash

What a bunch of crap, everybody who drives the H3 always says how it controls like a sports car, not 5000lbs+ truck, and the braking is the best I've ever experienced in an SUV. If you're gonna knock it, atleast make an ounce of sense.

BTW, the H3 runs 4 piston opposed calipers on the front, the H2 runs 2 piston calipers Yeah, braking really must've sucked in your 'test drive.' Getting your wife tampons doesn't count as test driving a truck.

LoL, You're very funny. I actually did go get my wife some tampons in the H3!

More trash!
As far as your smart a$$ remarks go, your knowledge of the calipers from the H3 to the H2 do not impress me. The fact that you would knock someone for having an opinion, thats another issue, and it's possible that you may need a psychiatric evaluation. Yes, the H3 I test drove at highway speeds felt incredibly loose, like your wife. There was huge instability in the vehicle handling compared to how my supercharged H2 feels at the same speeds. It was immediately noticable when I hit the highway leaving the dealership.

-Brakes sucked. No scientific proof needed, or even a tampon run! 'Period' (literally!). My F350 could stop quicker than the H3 any day, with less fading.

-Comparing an H3 to a sports car? Doesn't deserve a response.

-Wow! Do you get this pissed at everyone that might think your H3 is a POS? So insecure, maybe you should have bought the H2 for a morale boost!

Last edited by Grizzy : 09-15-2007 at 03:52 AM.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:10 AM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Go for it, the measurements on Hummer.com even show that the H3 has more leg room. I know I'm not the first person on this site to mention it either. The way the pedals are placed in the H2, along with the closer firewall, the H3 has more stretch out leg room than the H2.

Not that it matters, considering you've got more area to spread your legs out to the sides. Just mentioning it since height was brought up as a BS arguement, especially considering the H3 has slightly better headroom numbers too...

Everyone please don't disagree with this guy. Tired of hearing him bi*ch! Ok Razm, you're right! Nobody will ever argue with you again! Nobody can compete with your vast array of brochure knowledge! The H3 is SUPERIOR! I get it now! I've been so blind for so long I just never believed it! Then I opened my eyes and the H3 was just glowing like the brightest night star, until I realized I was just getting dizzy from your fat a$$ wife sitting on my face! Yummy!

Please nobody say anything negative about the H3. This f**king turd may have a fat a$$ induced embolism. I'm telling you, he's ready to pop! He can't take the pressure of another argument.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:33 AM
Hummer Professional

pteam is on a distinguished road

Having owned 7 hummers and 5 currently, I would say the 08 h2 rides just about as nice as a lexus SUV or RRS. Its leagues above my 03 h2, not sure how much of that had to do with the fact the 03 was 4 years old when I traded it in and drove the 08 the same day but seriously the 08 does not feel any bumps, its amazing.
Supercharged Viper 800 HP Special Edition #49 of 50
Porsche Boxster S

My Hummers:
08 H2, 22 in rims, 6 HID lights, 20 in TV with DVD
4 H2 limos 3 have lighted dance floors + ceilings, 1 has Zebra interior 24-26 passengers
H2 Limo 26 pass lighted dance floor (sold)
H2 Limo 24 pass (sold)
03 H2 (sold)
H1 Open top (sold)

FirstClassLimos.net - H2 limos and party buses in OH & PA

my car collection
Old 09-15-2007, 04:51 AM
Hummer Authority

Alan06SUT is an unknown quantity at this point

Rasm and the other H3 guy....H3 does NOT outwheel an H2. I have wheeled both many times. Pics of both of you "wheeling" please.

H3 alpha with 35's would be a good match, but stock for stock, ground clearance, tires, locker gives H2 the edge in most instances. I have not come across an obstacle that an H3 could fit through and my h2 couldn't. However I have been on numerous slippery hill climbs where my H2 pulled H3's up. BFG AT vs Bridgestone Duallers there.

As for comfort you are smoking crack if you think an H3 is more comfortable than an H2.

Old 09-15-2007, 05:10 AM
Hummer Authority

Alan I don't know if you are referring to me as the other H3 guy or not, but here's a couple anyway.

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=26013

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=27260

I'll have more after September 20. The turning radius on the H3 is far better than the H2, this coupled with it's smaller size makes a gigantic difference in the ease with which it negotiates mountain steep, tight, brush covered Jeep trails around my house. It weighs significantly less and my H3 has a rear locker and 35's also.

Read the whole post.

Old 09-15-2007, 05:28 AM
Hummer Authority

Alan06SUT is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03H3
Alan I don't know if you are referring to me as the other H3 guy or not, but here's a couple anyway.

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=26013

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=27260

I'll have more after September 20. The turning radius on the H3 is far better than the H2, this coupled with it's smaller size makes a gigantic difference in the ease with which it negotiates mountain steep, tight, brush covered Jeep trails around my house. It weighs significantly less and my H3 has a rear locker and 35's also.

Read the whole post.

Did read post.

At Tellico H2's and H3's are very comparable. But, H3's seemed to get high centered easier than H2's, but were surely more nimble in tight trails.

So did the H2's not make it anywhere the H3's did? And did any bone stock h3's go up the obstacles bone stock H2's did? Not the first time out at moab. I believe they broke front diffs. I am not saying one is better than the other, and there are no facts to back up the assertion that a stock h3 will out wheel a stock h2. Thats my point.

Last edited by Alan06SUT : 09-15-2007 at 05:34 AM.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:40 AM
Hummer Authority

Alan,

I have a mountain right behind my house. It has loose dry soil and rock, it is surrounded on all sides by thick scrub oak with thick branches that rip into paint. The trails wind up the face of the mountain and in places are very steep.

Not only is the H3 much more fun to take through these trails, it outperforms my H2 on the exact same trails. The H2 requires multiple point turns to negotiate the turns and still gets abused by the brush. Up the steeps the H2 digs holes in the loose soil and buries itself. The H3 works hard also, but gets up.

My friends Jeeps don't do any better.

Don't get the wrong idea, I like the H2 better. For most stuff I do believe it can slightly outperform the H3. But like I said this argument is stupid, the H2 costs a lot more. My H2 is lifted with 37 13.50's.