H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 04-26-2006, 08:26 PM
Hummer Expert

NoMoGMPG is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by PhilD:
Possibly, but if you heard the very loud crack when the bearing cage went on the Cv, you wouldn't think it was already cracked, but it is possible that was already weakened, although I suspect that hill didn't do it if that is the case.

I didn't hear any 'crack' when CP was coming up the Escalator. All I heard was a loud squeal and the sound of seat covers being sucked up into buttcracks.

Dave
1999 AMGeneral H1 6.5TD BLACK Wagon e-Lockers Front and Back, Rubberduck4x4 RockTubes, Extended Undercarriage Protection,"Big Duck" 2" body lift/2 1/2" suspension lift, 41" IROK Radials on 17" Cepeks w/Rock Rims, (in process)Centered front diff, 3.08 gears, 12k Brakes and 12k halfshafts
Old 04-26-2006, 08:28 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

No crack = wheeling mah-sheen?

Whatever, I love it when a man tries to tell me why smaller is better. I have heard the small = less damage story before.

Big = more fun.

If you are going to mod your truck for wheeling, you might as well do what you can to it. Phil, Ken and a few others that have them lifted and wheel them are pretty much pioneering in this area so things will need to be worked out until perfection is reached. There will always be damage- even to the biggest fabricated rock crawling buggy. Everyone pays a price for wheeling their truck and pays more for how much and how hard.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:29 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally posted by Alec W:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhilD:
you generally won't find them if you are following a stock H2.
I was following you </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I don't remember you on Escalator </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't like the Escalator. Did you make it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Quote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhilD:
you generally won't find them if you are following a stock H2.
I was following you </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

[img]http://www.*******club.com/events/moab2005/images/015.jpg[/img]
Old 04-26-2006, 09:24 PM
Hummer Expert

NoMoGMPG is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by h2co-pilot:
No crack = wheeling mah-sheen?

Whatever, I love it when a man tries to tell me why smaller is better. I have heard the small = less damage story before.

Big = more fun.

If you are going to mod your truck for wheeling, you might as well do what you can to it. Phil, Ken and a few others that have them lifted and wheel them are pretty much pioneering in this area so things will need to be worked out until perfection is reached. There will always be damage- even to the biggest fabricated rock crawling buggy. Everyone pays a price for wheeling their truck and pays more for how much and how hard.

Ain't that the truth!
1999 AMGeneral H1 6.5TD BLACK Wagon e-Lockers Front and Back, Rubberduck4x4 RockTubes, Extended Undercarriage Protection,"Big Duck" 2" body lift/2 1/2" suspension lift, 41" IROK Radials on 17" Cepeks w/Rock Rims, (in process)Centered front diff, 3.08 gears, 12k Brakes and 12k halfshafts
Old 04-26-2006, 09:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Did you miss the little winky? What's your point or are you just trying to be a smart ass?
What? Are you the only one that can be a smart ass?
Old 04-26-2006, 09:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:
Did you miss the little winky? What's your point or are you just trying to be a smart ass?
What? Are you the only one that can be a smart ass? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yawn </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 04-26-2006, 10:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by h2co-pilot:
There will always be damage- even to the biggest fabricated rock crawling buggy. Everyone pays a price for wheeling their truck and pays more for how much and how hard.
Very true, you pay to play. I think the broken CV thing is being a little over analyzed. Stuff breaks, you put on some big ol' tires and bash the truck around a bit, don't be surprised if you break something.

Like the many Jeep owners that carry around spare axles, I will be carrying a spare half shaft assembly from now on though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I've never been accused of over-analyzing anything.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:27 PM
Hummer Expert

CslRkH2 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think its just the lifted trucks that are having these problems:

Old 04-26-2006, 11:35 PM
Banned

Mrs.ssippi is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by h2co-pilot:
There will always be damage- even to the biggest fabricated rock crawling buggy. Everyone pays a price for wheeling their truck and pays more for how much and how hard.
Very true, you pay to play. I think the broken CV thing is being a little over analyzed. Stuff breaks, you put on some big ol' tires and bash the truck around a bit, don't be surprised if you break something.

Like the many Jeep owners that carry around spare axles, I will be carrying a spare half shaft assembly from now on though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like Paragons idea of all of us going in together and buying an H2 for spare parts. We can bring it to Moab and then as we need things we have it. Then if you needed a part off the H2 then you have to have it replaced with the same part. Or we could all travel like the NASCAR teams. We just all need to bring a back-up Hummer. We know, Tim is already on that program.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:49 PM
Hummer Professional

2-H2's has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Phil,

After reading through this thread...and not picking my truck up yet I'm skeeeerrrddd.

Then again, I may just bring a trailer of parts with me to K-Rocks

LC

Old 04-27-2006, 01:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mrs.ssippi:
I like Paragons idea of all of us going in together and buying an H2 for spare parts.
You buy it and I'll pay you a fair price for any thing I use

Besides which there are only so many tie rods, half shafts and t-cases on a H2 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>No NO NO. The concept is we all pitch in and buy some community owned salvaged H2. We'll drag it around in a purpose built trailer that will include tools, air compressors, generators, porta-cool, lots of beer, etc. When a breakage occurs then that community member pays the retail price to replace that part and it goes back into the parts bin. Of course, we have multiple versions on hand of some items we know we might need. eventualy we might end up with a new truck with a 5 year old brake pedal.
Old 04-27-2006, 01:20 AM
Hummer Guru

NEOCON1 is an unknown quantity at this point

well thanks to Rox we are in salt lake now next door to the hummer dealer . got to see the truck today . left rear axle twisted apart , looks like it was stuck into a pencil sharpner . in the front it is the same as bebe's the front ring gear is toast . i am currently pimpin in a white base model with some bling courtesy of so. jordan hummer . these guys are great taking real good care of us . bebe is on the road heading west . she will be home sometime tomorrow .

the parts should be coming in tomorrow if not the guys say they can canabalize a new one and have me out by fri. HUMMER is AWSOME at least i have a hummer in the meantime . in moab the rent-a-heep sucked Rox's kids called us the jeep people LMAO

loaner white h3 with some bling
* Rollin with the Banned and the Damned *

"Fred Thompson for President "