H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Photos of YOUR H2

Old 08-20-2005, 09:55 PM
Hummer Professional

wilfred is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Christa:
Hey Wilfred
Did you get your steering kit installed yet? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope Before I was going to drop off my truck I wanted to make sure they had everything there and they didn't. Somehow the front shocks have disappeared from their inventory It's been re-scheduled for next week.
Old 08-20-2005, 11:30 PM
Hummer Veteran

Christa is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wilfred:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Christa:
Hey Wilfred

Nope Before I was going to drop off my truck I wanted to make sure they had everything there and they didn't. Somehow the front shocks have disappeared from their inventory It's been re-scheduled for next week. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oooh...You gotta be bummed. It's going to be a loooong week!
69 Chevelle SS
Old 08-27-2005, 10:29 PM
Hummer Deity

Fubar is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by devilsfan:
My birthday is coming up too, in about 2 weeks... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just curious, what day? 8/27 here!

Stacy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Happy B Day Stacy
Old 08-28-2005, 07:48 AM
Hummer Professional

wilfred is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wilfred:
Hey Wilfred

Nope Before I was going to drop off my truck I wanted to make sure they had everything there and they didn't. Somehow the front shocks have disappeared from their inventory It's been re-scheduled for next week. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oooh...You gotta be bummed. It's going to be a loooong week! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Finally got my truck back Got the Fabtech HD steering kit, rancho 5000s, and alignment. I only drove it for 10 miles or so with city & freeway. Got up to 70 mph and did not experience anything unusual. I think my steering might be just a tad more sensitive but the difference is so minimal it might be more psychologoical than for real Turning radius has been increased a tad but at least the tires are not bumping the sway bar anymore. The ranchos are also a tad stiffer than the originals so less brake dive is always a good thing.

Christa, let me know if you need the alignment spec sheet on mine.
Old 08-28-2005, 11:09 AM
Hummer Expert

drmiles is off the scale

Wilfred, I have the Fab Tech HD steering. That combined with tht fact that the Hummer steering box is loose, makes the steering seem very sensitive at first. Later you get use to that and it simple feels very easy to steer as you travel down the road. Definetly hurts the turning radius. Overall I love it. Easy steering and no longer worring about the tierod's snapping while I'm offroad, makes offroading much more relaxing and fun!
Old 08-28-2005, 05:39 PM
Hummer Authority

devilsfan is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fubar00:
Happy B Day Stacy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you!!!!! You're better at remembering than my MIL.

Stacy
Old 09-30-2005, 09:40 PM
Hummer Expert

HGW is off the scale

Christa:

Sorry for the late reply. Take a look at your bunp stops (called many things) to see if they were installed correctly.

Phil D has a post on this somewhere on here.

Your issue has nothing to do with the shocks but the bump stops need to be near the lower control arms in accordance with the Fabteck specs.

It may be more than this--just a stab for now. Can you post a pic of your front end? I could tell more.

The STEERING SHOULD NOT BE SCAREY and I can tell you know how to drive. Something is wrong with your install and I will try and fix it from afar if I can.

I am conerned about this problem. It is not something you should have to get used to.

Also, test your steering at increasing speeds on a new highway. My H2's have wide tires and spaced wheels. When I get on 295 in NJ, there are places where my H2 jumps from side to side. It is really scary. Turns out the road is so worn--the track in asphalt are from normal cars and the H2 rides on the crests--it whips from side to side. My chief mechanic has a mini Cooper and the same thing happens to him--he is on the insdie of the crests. However, his car is light and easer to control with the low center of gravity. I would never have believed this if I did not experience it first hand. Our NJ road taxes at work!
Old 10-05-2005, 03:16 PM
Hummer Veteran

Christa is off the scale

HGW
Not sure how I missed your reply. Sorry, I've had my head in the sand this week! I'm not sure what bump stops are, but I will have my husband read this and he can talk to the installers about it. We had them take off the Pitman and Idler arms and the problem went away. It doesn't drive like a Caddy, but just like a regular old lifted truck, which I'm used to and can handle! I don't understand the mechanics of it enough to see why taking off those two things would make a differrence, but they did and it's not scary anymore. I did drive it on several different highway surfaces before and it didn't seem to make a difference in the steering. It was all bad!
I really appreciate your concern and would obviously prefer to have the heavier duty parts back on the truck if it would drive right. I'll definately find out if the bump stops were where you mentioned and let you know.
BTW, your HGW girls don't offend me at all except when it looks like they are scratching the paint!!
69 Chevelle SS
Old 10-05-2005, 03:31 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

HGW
Not sure how I missed your reply. Sorry, I've had my head in the sand this week! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jeez , so inconsiderate.

You still liking it?
Old 10-05-2005, 03:37 PM
Hummer Veteran

Christa is off the scale

Well, you know, now that I am officially a Horny Sow (I'm so honored!!) I think I'm allowed to be rude!! Or maybe it's the Nyquil I've been living off of this week

Now that my steering is back to normal I love it! Plus I think it made my Bewbies bigger!!
69 Chevelle SS
Old 10-05-2005, 03:43 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

Old 10-05-2005, 03:45 PM
Hummer Authority

Location: In da Chi! I am not only the originator of the H.O.A.B. club. I am also a member
Mr. I - Man is an unknown quantity at this point

Prove It!!