H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

View Poll Results: How would you feel if GM took over production of the H2 from AM General?
I'd LOVE it if GM took over production 3 6.98%
I wouldn't be happy, but its the product that counts 6 13.95%
Whatever 17 39.53%
I'd be somewhat less inclined to buy another H2 2 4.65%
I'd be so perturbed that i might not buy another hummer 15 34.88%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-11-2006, 03:44 AM
Hummer Authority

Big Z has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Re: If GM made the H2 instead of AM General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex_h2
No on the door Handle, it was MFG by AMG for GM, and yes it has many GM parts on it.........I KNOW THAT!

What I said was they stuck with the idea of producing a BIG, MEAN LOOKING BIG BLOCK, NO AERO-DYNAMICS......

BIG BLOCK Huh?...I'd sure like to see a Pic Of That BIG BLOCKED H2!?? ...Otherwise Kid!, get your Da Da to Explain the Difference!
Old 09-11-2006, 04:44 AM
Hummer Authority

Alan06SUT is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilD
But no one who wheels would be dumb enough to say that, only the web wheelers

Old 09-11-2006, 04:57 AM
Hummer Expert

Tex_h2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Z
BIG BLOCK Huh?...I'd sure like to see a Pic Of That BIG BLOCKED H2!?? ...Otherwise Kid!, get your Da Da to Explain the Difference!

Hey ****-for-brains,
Not a Big block (like engine) ....but big block (like a brick) can you understand me know...(I tried to type in words that your Small MIND would understand)
Old 09-11-2006, 03:29 PM
Hummer Professional

31_bandits is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilD
That's the same as the Toyota salesmen telling customers the FJC will kick a Hummer's ass. Just made up fantasyland dreams...

Thats how i feel about it. That and the one that tells me that from time to time is thinking about buying an H3.

I don't know much about the big rocks you guys all seem to prefer wheeling on (moab or that recent ******* event), actually i don't know anything about them.

But for the wheeling to be found up here, an H3 wouldn't be nearly as well off as an H2 (at least with me driving both) if for no reason other than those cross pieces on the frame which would get me hung up on everything, and be subject to alot of impacts when rock pile crawling.

Its like the Rubi with its weirdly and illogically shaped mid-body protection, which kills clearance and is sort of shaped like a scoop. Like its designed to dig into things and get you hung up/slow you down (which it does). Maybe the Rubi would be the cats meow in moab or something, but its a bit out of its element in a gravel pit.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:46 AM
Hummer Veteran

phazer42 is on a distinguished road

this has got to be one of the funnies threads that I have read on this forum!!!

first H1 owners are criticized because they think that their trucks are superior to all others.... this, of course was deemed by the H2 owners... whom, on the other hand have banished the H3 as a "Hummer" and how the H2 is supreme..... too funny.... oh and don't forget to add $$ into it... because 90% of the H2 owners according to some can afford a new H1... when in actuality less then 10% of the US population can "afford" a vehicle that costs $150,000..... that is if you buy it new which most owners don't.... so used, yea its probably true due to the vast amounts of used H1's selling for what a new H2 goes for....

wow... the hml doesn't get into this long of a pissing match.... very funny to read....

Scott
'01 HMCO
Old 09-12-2006, 04:14 AM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31_bandits
i have to agree. chrome and its unique anti-gravitational properties are an overwhelming advantage on most situations.

Quote:
I'm thinking of a number, the number of tie rods a certain blingmobile broke...

Yes, and they're in the garage hanging as TROPHIES! But that's all that's ever broken, no steering shafts, CV joints or differentials.....yet.

This poll stinks. This guy does not play well with others.
Old 09-12-2006, 04:28 AM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by phazer42
this has got to be one of the funnies threads that I have read on this forum!!!

first H1 owners are criticized because they think that their trucks are superior to all others.... this, of course was deemed by the H2 owners... whom, on the other hand have banished the H3 as a "Hummer" and how the H2 is supreme..... too funny.... oh and don't forget to add $$ into it... because 90% of the H2 owners according to some can afford a new H1... when in actuality less then 10% of the US population can "afford" a vehicle that costs $150,000..... that is if you buy it new which most owners don't.... so used, yea its probably true due to the vast amounts of used H1's selling for what a new H2 goes for....

wow... the hml doesn't get into this long of a pissing match.... very funny to read....

Scott
'01 HMCO

Hey Scott,

i suspect the vast majority of H2 owners respect H3s and realize the pros and cons of each, and the same for H1 owners. The H1 bashing would be me, so i shall attempt to address.

the example of H1 drivers ripping on H2s is, in my simple opinion, extremely relevant as i've always found that particularily lame. The jeep or 'yota crowd is one thing, but people driving bigger, rarer, more expensive things that probably never drew less attention whining at H2s just made an exceptionally minimal amount of sense.

But i diverge from my point. I think that example (and i gather from reading these forums at times that i'm not the only H2 driver who ever felt that way) - H1 drivers going all FUH2 at H2s - is very relevant because it could perhaps remind H2 drivers how H3-bashing might sound to H3 people, and i think that the H3 bashing by some fakes and whoever else is only going to harm the H2 in the long run, the way that i suspect the H1 attitude toward the H2 harmed that truck. Believe me no love will come to the H2 from having its owners bash H3s.

I once read on some H1 forum or other a post by an H1 driver who offered that he thought the H2 was the greatest thing since sliced bread (i paraphrase) because it would bring a whole new crowd of people into H1 ownership. And with that would be more parts, more used trucks, more accessories, and the original hummer would endure.

Well, maybe he would have been right with a different attitude from the vocal few.

And, simply, i am going to be pretty bummed if the H2 follows the H1 into oblivion. And i think that hummer drivers ripping on FJs ( if i was an FJ driver i would take a screenshot of the "other 4x4" board and have it bronzed), and H2 drivers ripping on H3s are a step in that direction.

Bandits

Last edited by 31_bandits : 09-12-2006 at 04:49 AM.
Old 09-12-2006, 04:32 AM
Hummer Professional

Also, I didn't mean to criticize H1 owners for thinking their trucks are superior. I have no problem with jeepers or H3ers or Yota guys thinking their stuff is "the best". Taht's part of the fun in being an enthusiast of anything.

I meant to criticize them for going jeep and throwing up all the generic insults repeated everywhere on the web.

And my concerns about the future of the H2 are expressed here, and wherever else i may have offered them, sincerely.
Old 09-12-2006, 04:33 AM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2 Rocks
This guy does not play well with others.

yeah, you're probably right. but i'm mildly amusing on teusdays

Old 09-12-2006, 04:47 AM
Hummer Guru

NEOCON1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummBebe
I'd drive all the way to Texas to outwheel you in your H2.

There are many H2 owners on this forum that I love and respect....you are just an A$$.

Lets see some pics of you wheeling your 2. Oh, don't have any, I figured, web wheeler, just keep talking out your A$$, it suits you.

GFY.

X2

lets see some pics of wheelin, spottin , breakin $hit , and all the crap we all do together put up or ship out

by the Queen of the 3bies
* Rollin with the Banned and the Damned *

"Fred Thompson for President "
Old 09-12-2006, 04:55 AM
Hummer Authority

westhillsat is an unknown quantity at this point

I like H1's, H2's and H3's

Rox's bling ROCKS
Old 09-12-2006, 05:45 AM
Hummer Expert

Tex_h2 is on a distinguished road

It?s funny how some of you talk about Hummers. Sure, I can fully understand someone defending there type of Truck/SUV.

The H1, Alpha or Humvee is a true Hummer, a superior class of its own. One of the best 4x4 vehicles in the world. Next to the Land Rover (which has been off-road-ing in the worst conditions for many years)

The H2 is very similar to the H1, but then again not even close.

The H3, totally different. The baby of the group. But, and listen.....but still has the hummer name. Also, because of its size and weight I have no doubt it does a great job off road. Just like the Sidekick/Samurai did on the trails.

Another thing I'd like to add, you folks go on and on about Hummers and Off-Road-ing. And how H1, H2 and H3 are the best and Jeeps shouldn't even bother coming out. But, what you forget is Jeep (in North America) started it all. So instead of bashing each other (like many of you have said I do) perhaps you should stop bashing on Jeeps. But, rather tip your hat to a fellow 4x4!
Old 09-12-2006, 05:51 AM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

"Jeeps shouldn't even bother coming out" ? Of where....the closet???

Come on, no one here said that.....
Old 09-12-2006, 05:27 PM
Hummer Veteran

phazer42 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hey Scott,

i suspect the vast majority of H2 owners respect H3s and realize the pros and cons of each, and the same for H1 owners. The H1 bashing would be me, so i shall attempt to address.

the example of H1 drivers ripping on H2s is, in my simple opinion, extremely relevant as i've always found that particularily lame. The jeep or 'yota crowd is one thing, but people driving bigger, rarer, more expensive things that probably never drew less attention whining at H2s just made an exceptionally minimal amount of sense.

But i diverge from my point. I think that example (and i gather from reading these forums at times that i'm not the only H2 driver who ever felt that way) - H1 drivers going all FUH2 at H2s - is very relevant because it could perhaps remind H2 drivers how H3-bashing might sound to H3 people, and i think that the H3 bashing by some fakes and whoever else is only going to harm the H2 in the long run, the way that i suspect the H1 attitude toward the H2 harmed that truck. Believe me no love will come to the H2 from having its owners bash H3s.

I once read on some H1 forum or other a post by an H1 driver who offered that he thought the H2 was the greatest thing since sliced bread (i paraphrase) because it would bring a whole new crowd of people into H1 ownership. And with that would be more parts, more used trucks, more accessories, and the original hummer would endure.

Well, maybe he would have been right with a different attitude from the vocal few.

And, simply, i am going to be pretty bummed if the H2 follows the H1 into oblivion. And i think that hummer drivers ripping on FJs ( if i was an FJ driver i would take a screenshot of the "other 4x4" board and have it bronzed), and H2 drivers ripping on H3s are a step in that direction.

Bandits

In the past on one forum I know that I have stated that I am glad that GM has brought more models to the Hummer brand as it has expanded the commrodery... the thing that irritates me is that most of the owners H2 or H3 don't "get-it" such as the jeepers that wave, so do H1 owners, H2 and H3 owners see it as another "car" not as a serious off-road machine....

but beyond all of that... I like all of the Hummers and wouldn't mind owning an H2 or H3 but right now I don't really see the need so I will stick with my HMCO.... see ya on the trails!

Scott
'01 HMCO
Old 09-12-2006, 10:36 PM
Hummer Veteran

Gunzz is off the scale

Can't we all just get along ?

I think this should settle the H3-H2-H1 difference for all of us. Here is the scenario. You are alone in wilderness driving your H2, and at least 20 miles from anything or anyone. You make a turn and PLOP your H2 is stuck. You try and try and can't get it moving. Well here comes someone in an H3 and of course they offer to try and pull you out. What do you do??

A. Tell them to piss off because they have an H3.
B. Tell them there is no way in hell an H3 can get them out.
C. Start walking towards that gas station because you don't have cell
service.
D. Graciously accept the offer, get pulled out, and drive into town and
enjoy a beer with your new buddy.

I am going with D, like I think most of you would. And I think that would be vice-versa for an H2 pulling out and H3.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:13 AM
Hummer Veteran

cmd is on a distinguished road

This is **** ** killin me LOL,, i cant believe i just read that whole thread, this is the best laugh i have had in a while.

As a H2 owner my opinion is there is not much special with the construction the truck at all, maybe its me but there is not a damn thing that hasnt gone wrong with mine. It is a Gm vehicle and i cant explain what a heap it is for the the money.
It just looks Beautiful!! What a damn shame Gm had their hands in it.

Sorry boys, i still like it just not to proud of the workmanship.

As for the H3 sorry guys,, "Glorified Jeep Cheroke" . cant comment other than that as i dont know anything re the truck, i just though of it as a everyday driver,family vehicle. Which is quite fine.

Sorry i just had to throw that in to keep the pot stirred. LOL
Old 09-13-2006, 12:24 AM
Hummer Professional

well thank you for stirring the pot. the "outsider giggling at thread" bandwagon appears to have built up a head of steam.

I would have to say that my complaints with the H2 are design or realism ones, no build problems. The hard plastic inside should have been gasketed to prevent rattles from building up the more you beat on the truck, it should have just had a front locker, and it really needs a 6 speed tranny for lower 1st gear and better econ. And a stainless skidder.

But as far as problems go, i haven't had any worth mentioning despite a reasonable amount of abuse. I think alot of that was '03s and a function of rushing the factory into action, perhaps?
Old 09-13-2006, 12:24 AM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmd

As for the H3 sorry guys,, "Glorified Jeep Cheroke" . cant comment other than that as i dont know anything re the truck, i just though of it as a everyday driver,family vehicle. Which is quite fine.

OK, I'll bite, you will make a comment like that and then say you don't know anything about the truck???

Please humor me and make the comparison, I really want to know.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:11 AM
Hummer Guru

Sewie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I don't know much about the big rocks you guys all seem to prefer wheeling on (moab or that recent ******* event), actually i don't know anything about them.

But for the wheeling to be found up here, an H3 wouldn't be nearly as well off as an H2 (at least with me driving both) if for no reason other than those cross pieces on the frame which would get me hung up on everything, and be subject to alot of impacts when rock pile crawling.

Maybe I missed it, but have you ever posted pics of your rig offroad?