H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 11-05-2003, 10:28 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Go pull the Chewbacca figure out of your sphincter.
It wasn't a fight either. You're just too sensitive from not getting out into the real world much.
I'd ask "be " if they thought the Parade was "showie", but I don't know who "be" is.
Old 11-05-2003, 10:37 PM
Hummer Messiah

I just went back and found our first contact. Granted, I did jump to a wrong conclusion, but we did hash things out, didn't we? I seem to remember some private messages that would support that and I was pretty complimentary of your technical skills. Am I wrong?

http://www.elcova.com/groupee/forums?a=tpc&s=2826088551&f=5106011751&m=757609974 4&r=3936056844#3936056844
Old 11-05-2003, 10:45 PM

StarWarsFan is off the scale

I don't recall any PM's, but then again I don't check them. I was simply pointing out that you did jump on me for no reason which you said you don't do. Yes we did clear the air but I am still entitled to jump in a discussion, and I just happened to think you were prick-like again in this one. And you knew you would get some people on your ass when you posted it, you even said so in your first post.

All opinions are valid on a forum, that is what makes it a forum, I just think the way you choose to handle it sometimes is a bit harsh.
Old 11-05-2003, 10:48 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DRTYFN:
Go pull the Chewbacca figure out of your sphincter.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If it had to be in my ass, I would prefer it to be Padme.

For those non-star wars type, Padme is the eventual mother of Luke and Leia.

Here she is:

Old 11-05-2003, 11:02 PM
Hummer Messiah

You absolutely are entitled to jump in. And feel free to bust my balls if you feel the need to. I freely admit that I'm not the most delicate person sometimes, but I'm not a total prick(don't start). Maybe partial. Detonate is the hands down winner of "The Total Prick Award". There is no contesting this.

You're so right about all opinions being valid on the forum. That's what makes this site so interesting.
You know the saying about opinions being like *******s. Everybody's got one and they usually stink. I'd like to think that most of my opinions are like farts, sometimes they stink, but most of the time they make you snicker.
Old 11-05-2003, 11:03 PM
Hummer Messiah

Think she knows how to massage your prostate?
Old 11-05-2003, 11:19 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DRTYFN:
Think she knows how to massage your prostate?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't you see the sticker on the package, she has "quick draw action
Old 11-05-2003, 11:22 PM
Hummer Messiah

HAHA!!! Funny!! Still, why do you put those things in your bottom? JUST KIDDING!
I'll try to be more sensitive for you.

No I won't.
Old 11-05-2003, 11:23 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

I really do not want to get in on this...BUT:
I do not recall any of you who are now criticizing this event doing the same during the run-up to it. I do not recall any of you saying this was a bad idea. It seems the pre-event posts were all positive.
This massive undertaking seems to have gone off without a hitch, and judging by the looks on the spectators faces, it was a success. Lots of people stopping by and checking out the rigs. It is not much different than showing your truck to some curious folks at the gas station, just a larger, more high profile venue. It also afforded the passers by with a chance to see an H2 upclose and to meet some of the owners. I do not see anything negative about that.
Congratulations on a great event.

Black Lingenfelter Lux
Old 11-05-2003, 11:41 PM
Hummer Messiah

How & why would we criticize something before it happened? I didn't know how it was going to turn out. And actually I didn't even look at the post leading up to it.
Showing your H2 to someone at the gas station, ect, and answering questions is completely different from the self-aggrandizing "look at me" parade.
Old 11-06-2003, 12:00 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Whenever we have HH's here that are off road, the entire group of 40plus vehicles caravans to the site. When the event is not off road we all park and party together. Is that too self-aggrandizing for you?
I put my H2 in shows at least once a month. People love to see the rig up close and I have met many nice people that have tons of questions. I try to answer them all and, frankly, I love doing it.
Now you could have criticized it ahead of time because they said exactly what they were going to do. A simple "sounds like crap" would have worked. When they said they were going to meet in Times Square you could not have thought they were going wheeling. Oh yeah, you did not read the posts ahead of time. You jumped in after the fact.
It looks as if everyone around the trucks had a good time. That is a positive for all Hummer owners and a fantastic promo for the H2.
Simply because an event is not your cup of tea, or any others', does not mean it is bad for the H2's reputation as a serious off road vehicle with mild road manners.

Black Lingenfelter Lux
Old 11-06-2003, 12:09 AM
Hummer Messiah

C'mon Ken, you're smarter than this. You know full well what I'm talking about.
It's about having the friggin' ostentatious parade in Times Square!!
Like I said, I didn't even look at the post once. Not once. To jump in before the fact would have been completely out of line. Maybe you would, but I wouldn't.
Old 11-06-2003, 12:28 AM
Hummer Expert

Orbital H2 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> To jump in before the fact would have been completely out of line. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

this sounds like the words of someone that wants to say <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I TOLD YOU SO<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
My god!!!! people show cars all of the time, and there will always be the have nots that are jealous, and there will be the have nots that are curious and want to be informed and want to dream... LET THEM.
there is nothing wrong with being proud of what you have, and you are not necessarily an ******* for it.
Every weekend there are cars shows for people to show off there cars, these people aren't arrogant, they are just letting other people get a chance to see it....
When I lived in the NW in 1990, I got soo much **** for owning a Corvette with California plates on it, too many tree huggers up there (there are also a ton of great people up there too!) The local racers were pissed off because I rolled up with a dually and an inclosed trailer with my race car, thought I was jsut showing off money, the fact was that I was a consultant that moved half way across the country every 6 month to a year and it was cheaper to own the right equipment than it was to rent a Uhaul... I quickly started to understand how the NW got their exercise by jumping to conclusions

H2 Black Lux, Air Suspension, AEM Intake, soon to be blacked out...
Black 02 Fatboy
300ZX TT 500Hp, 10.5Sec completely Blacked out, Wolfe Sport 600 Turbo, Billet Aluminum FlyWheel, Carbon Claw RPS Turbo Clutch, Dual Pop Intake, HKS Intercoolers/Exhaust
Old 11-06-2003, 12:45 AM

marinron is off the scale

It is amazing to me how every perfectly innocent post on this forum is turned into a giant pissing match by Drtyfn and/or Dennis.

As far as I am concerned, this forum has gone from first to worst just because some members seem to think the forum is all about them.

Most of us joined the forum to share our experiences, knowledge and love of the H2, not to to be disrespected by other highly opinionated members.

People clearly buy the H2 for different reasons. I bought mine to recreate as far away from peabrains like 'you-know-who' as I can. If others want to drive their truck to work, take their kids to school in it, keep it in the garage, lift it, drop it or show it off in Times Square, that is up to them and I could care less.

If you do happen to care and just can't keep it to yourself - fine - express your opinion, but please do it in a respectful fashion, otherwise this forum will degenerate into a handfull of semi-professional flamers (if it hasn't already. If you don't have anything positive to say, feel free to skip to another topic without saying anything.

Drtyfn - ever wonder why no one bothered to join you on the Rubicon?
Old 11-06-2003, 12:54 AM

argonaut is off the scale

Detonate, stop your language. My boss is going to rape me in the ass because I am using work computers to look at this G rated site. kuso ****e neru. Dennis knows what I'm saying
Old 11-06-2003, 12:58 AM

argonaut is off the scale

Actually the reason nobody joined drty on the rubicon is because nobody had the balls. I almost did, but then pussied out because I was afraid of seriously damaging my truck. Maybe if I had 37s like DRTY I would have done it, but not with the stock 35s. admit it, it takes a huuuuge set of cojones to run the rubi in an H2, especially the parts that DRTY ran. Hats off to him for having the big brass balls. The rest of us are pussies... Except for the Moab guys. That looked sweet as hell too. You guys have brass balls as well.
Old 11-06-2003, 01:22 AM
Hummer Expert

Zing is off the scale

I had a feeling this thread would get a lot of posts. I was out of town during that weekend but wish I made the NYC event. I thoroughly enjoy meeting up with Hummer owners, whether it’s to admire the vehicle’s beautiful esthetics, to wheel, have a few beers, whatever, so long as they have passion for the vehicle and the are respectful, intelligent people. As far as where Hummer gatherings are done, regardless where we meet I think we can all face reality that we have obvious vehicles with ostentatious qualities and people are going to draw prejudiced conclusions. NYC happens to be a perfect place to meet to just hang out. I think it is unfortunate that there are H2 snobs who think this tarnishes some kind of reputation they need to portray. Call it self-aggrandizing, but picking a meeting place at the popular gas station in beautiful downtown Portland or a corner in Times Square is the same crap. New Yorkers certainly don’t see the need to pick some remote place where nobody can see you meeting your buds to go out to dinner. Even if we stand on the roof rack, have a little car show, take some pictures in the interim, who cares! So long as we are not driving off trails, parking on sidewalks, intimidating cab drivers and talking down to Range Rovers. That’s the stuff I’m concerned about. Based on what I know about the events of that evening our NY area brethren have represented us well. The photo of the month on this website is not what’s boring, this conversation is.
Old 11-06-2003, 01:42 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

For those of you are finding this thread offensive and evidence of severe degeneration....it's not. It's merely evidence of boredom.

I've chatted with these "colorful" lads off-forum and I can assure you they're doing the same thing as gangsters talking crap about the other ones "Momma"....

This is what happens when we don't have enough trolls coming around to feed the boys their fix for hostility and sarcasm.

Don't take life so seriously. Some of this stuff really cracks me up....
Old 11-06-2003, 01:44 AM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Detonate,

Why don't you like people? Does anyone know why Detonate doesn't like people?
Old 11-06-2003, 01:46 AM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Steve,

You're such a geek moderator now but I have to admit you're right everyones bored. Can't someone go out and rile up a taco or a jeep?