Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > The Woodshed

Old 02-25-2007, 11:52 PM
Hummer Authority

tomp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Great results from PCM for Less tuning . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gottmud
Tomp. This kind of slander is uneccessary. Calling someone a turd on a public forum is downright rude. I probably am in the majority of owners on this forum, that were, and are, looking for a quick fix for some improvement in performance. Through word of mouth, and solid media advertising, I was convinced this was the way I needed to go. I am not a gear head, and dynos blah blah has no interest for me. Positive comments from other members on this board was the deciding factor for me to contact kelly and order a PCM. It was quick, painless, and in my opinion, very effective. My mpg has gone from 12 to 15 miles to the gallon, and I really like the new feel of the transmission. IT WAS MY CHOICE TO GO WITH THIS COMPANY. The last time I checked CNN news we had not been invaded, thus I presume we are STILL & ALWAYS WILL BE A FREE COUNTRY. That being said, we have the choice to do biz with any one we choose to, irrelevant if any one else thinks the product is good or bad.
Please keep your potty mouth to yourself

You are right and I apologize for the comment
Old 02-26-2007, 12:00 AM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyHighPerformance
You have all this technology and knowledge at your fingertips and you want to know - "I'd like to know exactly what changes are done to the base map. Spill it all out." Why would you want to know what an inferior turd company is doing if you can do it ten times better.

All in the same post: First, you want to know exactly what they are changing. Then, you call them a turd company. Finally, you say you can do it ten times better.

Sounds like you are on the foreskin of technology and really don't need anyone's help.

Hey Bro, sorry if made the original post with steam in it. I was just looking out for the other members. I have a bad habit of jumping into something whenever I see people selling something on a forum and over charging for it. I didn't mean to cause any problems.

Bottom line though....the members would be better off to get a custom tune as every engine is different and modifying different cells affects each engine differently. They would also be better off in the long run if they were to make other mods such as tire height changes etc, to just get a hand-held.

In all fairness, he is charging as much as a Windows operating system and not doing any programming or tuning. A fair price for what he is doing is about $40-50 and that's it.

Again, sorry I started off wrong.....
Old 02-26-2007, 12:08 AM
Hummer Veteran

JWSchmidt3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Re: Great results from PCM for Less tuning . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomp
I tell you what, I will do what he's doing and 10 times better for less money. I will take my wifes H3 down to the dyno and custom tune every cell in the map (which I gurantee this turd does not do!) and completely blow his maps away and have the dyno results to prove it.

Here's an idea jerkoff, do it, prove it and then talk about it. Until then, you're an idiot running his mouth behind his computer, looking like a . . . may I quote, "a turd"!! STFU!!

The people in this thread bashing the great results of this tune, really need to get a life, or a clue. We're talking about a simple tune to smooth out what comes from the factory, and in some cases, tweaking for add-ons like tires and intakes. I've had 5 different C5 Corvette's with at least 100 dyno's between them, but why on earth would I want to dyno a fricking H3?? Especially if I wasn't installing a turbo or blower?? Nit-picking a $149 tune?? For a reference, I pay $400 every time I tune one of the Vettes.

The good thing, PCM for Less results and their professionalism speak for itself, stands above the internet idiots, and for that I applaud them. Here's an idea, if your skeptical, DON'T USE THEM!! The rest of us are happy.

Thank you, I'm done now!!

2004 yellow Corvette Z06
2002 black LPE blown TigerShark Z06
http://public.fotki.com/JWSchmidt3/

Last edited by JWSchmidt3 : 02-26-2007 at 12:11 AM.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:21 AM
keliente

Quote:

Bottom line though....the members would be better off to get a custom tune as every engine is different and modifying different cells affects each engine differently. They would also be better off in the long run if they were to make other mods such as tire height changes etc, to just get a hand-held.

In all fairness, he is charging as much as a Windows operating system and not doing any programming or tuning. A fair price for what he is doing is about $40-50 and that's it.

It never ceases to amaze me the nerve some people have to slander a product they have not even tried.

Who are YOU to try and dictate what I should charge for my work?

Let's look at this rationally. I am an H3 person and I want a tune for my truck. I'm looking for a tune, but gee, there's not really a whole lot out there, and those who do offer tuning few and far between for my truck want almost $499 for a tune. I could always buy a jet chip for about $300 though - but that doesn't do squat. And you want to talk about generic? One size jet chip fits all. Hmm, not going to cut it.

So what if a person decides to do it themselves. They plunk down $500 for an individual HPtuners software license that looks greek to 95% of people out there. Or even if they do know what's going on - they don't have the years and years of experience tuning all GM vehicles like we have.

Suddenly, our prices are starting to sound better and better. When you factor in customer service, the ability to borrow a PCM if need be, the years of experience - you see our prices are a value. If you can't see that, you obviously haven't been shopping around.

My prices are incredibly affordable for what you are getting. This isn't just changing one map, as much as you would like to believe. This is an ENTIRE custom tune tailored to your vehicle. On each tune I make around 50-60 changes impacting engine, transmission, speedometer, etc etc.

I won't even get into what it costs me to make this happen - you don't want to know my margin of profit after I've paid for the vehicle licensing, equipment, advertising, PCM's, research and development, shipping supplies, oh how the list goes on.

Last edited by keliente : 02-26-2007 at 12:39 AM.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:40 AM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWSchmidt3

Here's an idea jerkoff, do it, prove it and then talk about it. Until then, you're an idiot running his mouth behind his computer, looking like a . . . may I quote, "a turd"!! STFU!!

The people in this thread bashing the great results of this tune, really need to get a life, or a clue. We're talking about a simple tune to smooth out what comes from the factory, and in some cases, tweaking for add-ons like tires and intakes. I've had 5 different C5 Corvette's with at least 100 dyno's between them, but why on earth would I want to dyno a fricking H3?? Especially if I wasn't installing a turbo or blower?? Nit-picking a $149 tune?? For a reference, I pay $400 every time I tune one of the Vettes.

The good thing, PCM for Less results and their professionalism speak for itself, stands above the internet idiots, and for that I applaud them. Here's an idea, if your skeptical, DON'T USE THEM!! The rest of us are happy.

Thank you, I'm done now!!

Because you don't know how "Thorough Tuning" is accomplished. You run it on the dyno to get the AFR probe output, etc.... Dyno tuning is not the same as putting a car on a dyno to only get horsepower and torque numbers. There is much more to the process.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:00 AM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by keliente
It never ceases to amaze me the nerve some people have to slander a product they have not even tried.

Who are YOU to try and dictate what I should charge for my work?

Let's look at this rationally. I am an H3 person and I want a tune for my truck. I'm looking for a tune, but gee, there's not really a whole lot out there, and those who do offer tuning few and far between for my truck want almost $499 for a tune. I could always buy a jet chip for about $300 though - but that doesn't do squat. And you want to talk about generic? One size jet chip fits all. Hmm, not going to cut it.

So what if a person decides to do it themselves. They plunk down $500 for an individual HPtuners software license that looks greek to 95% of people out there. Or even if they do know what's going on - they don't have the years and years of experience tuning all GM vehicles like we have.

Suddenly, our prices are starting to sound better and better. When you factor in customer service, the ability to borrow a PCM if need be, the years of experience - you see our prices are a value. If you can't see that, you obviously haven't been shopping around.

My prices are incredibly affordable for what you are getting. This isn't just changing one map, as much as you would like to believe. This is an ENTIRE custom tune tailored to your vehicle. On each tune I make around 50-60 changes impacting engine, transmission, speedometer, etc etc.

I won't even get into what it costs me to make this happen - you don't want to know my margin of profit after I've paid for the vehicle licensing, equipment, advertising, PCM's, research and development, shipping supplies, oh how the list goes on.

Not so fast buddy, let's not compare what you are giving the members to a $500 Custom Tune or how much some custom tuning software costs that you are not giving them either.

So you are telling me that you are going in a making 50-60 changes that you have no idea of what the impact is and don't even have their vehicle there to test it?

Please make a believer out of me and explain these 50-60 changes? Don't worry, I am not asking for the number you input into each cell.

I would love to hear a report of how these tunes work towing a trailer, facing the wind in Summer heat.

Please tell me that you provide the customer a copy of this license and number that you are inlcuding in the cost?

This is too funny..... I am outta here - you guys can pay your hard earned money for this if you want.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:14 AM
keliente

Quote:
So you are telling me that you are going in a making 50-60 changes that you have no idea of what the impact is and don't even have their vehicle there to test it?

That's what research and development is for. After you tune about 20 or so Hummer H3's in your research & development time alone (not counting those after), you have a pretty damn good idea of what they need. Not to mention the hundreds of colorado/canyons I have tuned with the same engine. Not to mention the thousands of GM's we have done that taught us about the workings of a GM PCM or chip.

Quote:
Please make a believer out of me and explain these 50-60 changes? Don't worry, I am not asking for the number you input into each cell.

I have already mentioned in this thread the things that I change. If you think I'm going to list the tables I change, sorry, do your own research I am not going to spoon feed this to you.

Quote:
Please tell me that you provide the customer a copy of this license and number that you are inlcuding in the cost?

What good does a license number do to a person who cannot use it?

Quote:
This is too funny..... I am outta here

Excellent, now we can get back on track instead with questions about tuning, instead of you calling people "turds" and talking about things you obviously have no clue about.
Old 02-26-2007, 02:09 AM
Hummer Expert

deserth3 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Excellent, now we can get back on track

About time

I wanna here more... Because I ordered mine this morning
Old 02-26-2007, 02:28 AM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Excellent, now we can get back on track instead with questions about tuning, instead of you calling people "turds" and talking about things you obviously have no clue about.

Sewie.....or someone else who knows me,
can you tell me why this "guy" is getting under my skin???

My bs detector is getting all haywire, am I getting all ruffled up over semantics, or am I on the right track??

Does he answer the questions? or does he do a little dance???

Thanks in advance....bebe
Old 02-26-2007, 02:30 AM
keliente

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummBebe
Sewie.....or someone else who knows me,
can you tell me why this "guy" is getting under my skin???

My bs detector is getting all haywire, am I getting all ruffled up over semantics, or am I on the right track??

Does he answer the questions? or does he do a little dance???

Thanks in advance....bebe

For one thing I'm not a guy, for another thing, I have been answering questions.
Old 02-26-2007, 02:41 AM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
That's what research and development is for. After you tune about 20 or so Hummer H3's in your research & development time alone (not counting those after), you have a pretty damn good idea of what they need. Not to mention the hundreds of colorado/canyons I have tuned with the same engine. Not to mention the thousands of GM's we have done that taught us about the workings of a GM PCM or chip.

I have already mentioned in this thread the things that I change. If you think I'm going to list the tables I change, sorry, do your own research I am not going to spoon feed this to you.

What good does a license number do to a person who cannot use it?

So now where getting somewhere? So after 20 they are all the same? LOL, how about after the first one!!!!

I apologized for the turd comment early on, but the more you respond and avade the details, the more I know my original assumption of you was correct.

I have been around fuel injection and custom mapping a long time, and you even commented earlier and grouped me as a person in the know along with yourself. So don't back track now...

I don't need to know how to tune one as you have done as I am sure you are doing nothing more than copying others' maps and making a change for tire size. The tables are vast and comprehensive and if you can't even tell us which you are changing, I am assuming you don't know as you are copying it from another source plus a tire size change.

You are here to sell something which you should be paying for! I am here to share, learn and help others. I have profit to gain as you...
Old 02-26-2007, 02:47 AM
keliente

Quote:
The tables are vast and comprehensive and if you can't even tell us which you are changing, I am assuming you don't know as you are copying it from another source plus a tire size change.

You can assume all that you want, I'm not telling you the tables that I change. Asking that is about as absurd as going to a restaurant and demanding that the chef tell you what ingredients he puts in his best seller. The amount is something you could deduce sooner or later. Why should tuning be any different? We worked incredibly hard where to get where we are today and you expect me to give all of my info away for free.

Quote:

I apologized for the turd comment early on, but the more you respond and avade the details, the more I know my original assumption of you was correct.

I'm not evading any reasonable questions - you are demanding that I tell you exactly what I change in these tunes. And for what reason I'm not even sure - you say you know so much about tuning it makes me wonder why you are asking me about it in the first place.
Old 02-26-2007, 02:47 AM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
For one thing I'm not a guy, for another thing, I have been answering questions.

Great, so you and I can have it out chick to chick.......please tell me which question of mine you answered???

I've been polite up to this point. You are a potential vendor on this thread.

Are you Hummer owner???

How about the AWD question?

How about the additional gear on my Hummer question???

You are here to sell, not flip attitude, and tell people they are being rude when you dance around in your tutu.

You don't like....go somehwere else

And....the question above was not directed at you.....but in typical chick fashion....you answered.
Old 02-26-2007, 02:52 AM
Hummer Guru

PS.....if this is your style eveywhere "Just look at all my testimonials"....and getting defensive? You suck at sales. You might want to try a different approach.
Old 02-26-2007, 02:54 AM
Hummer Guru

To the fellow H3'rs that have ordered this product:

I totally appreciate your opinion, and respect your choice to buy this product.

Please don't take anything I have said to this Woman as a personal attack on you.

Sorry guys, there was just something about it.....it's a chick thing.
Old 02-26-2007, 02:56 AM
keliente

Quote:
Great, so you and I can have it out chick to chick.......please tell me which question of mine you answered???

Why would we 'have it out'? I'm here to answer questions not fight.

I am not a Hummer owner.

You might have missed where I answered your question, here it is - post #44 in this thread:

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...0&postcount=44

As for the gear...yes the ordersheet asks all sorts of questions like that and also has a comment box at the bottom for other important information that you feel like you need to add.

Quote:
You are here to sell, not flip attitude, and tell people they are being rude when you dance around in your tutu.

I am not "flipping attitude", just defending myself. I don't care if someone is a buyer, seller, member, owner, etc. calling someone a "turd", like tomp did, was rude and out of line.
Old 02-26-2007, 02:57 AM
keliente

Quote:
Sorry guys, there was just something about it.....it's a chick thing.

I don't know what kind of 'chick thing' it is, sorry.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:00 AM
Hummer Guru

Quote:

I am not a Hummer owner.

You might have missed where I answered your question, here it is - post #44 in this thread:

As for the gear...yes the ordersheet asks all sorts of questions like that and also has a comment box at the bottom for other important information that you feel like you need to add.

I am not "flipping attitude", just defending myself. I don't care if someone is a buyer, seller, member, owner, etc. calling someone a "turd", like tomp did, was rude and out of line.

You answered one of three. And you still have not answered the AWD part.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:01 AM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
I don't know what kind of 'chick thing' it is, sorry.

You know exactly what I mean.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:09 AM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
You will see graphs from the colorado/canyon, which shares the same engine. Your problem with the H3 is that the AWD is going to eat up a little more power, but that doesn't mean great gains can't be had. Like I said before...this isn't just like bolting on an exhaust and getting 10 hp and a cool sound at wide open throttle. This is something that benefits you during your entire drive cycle, whether you've got it matted to the floor or not.

Quote:
Awwww man, I almost went for it. Until I read this paragraph.

First the H3 is not AWD. There is a difference. PCM for less AND Rancho need to get this right before you will get an ounce of respect from me.

Splitting hairs....maybe.

Colorado/Canyon share the same engine, but from the factory they are tuned differently.

YOUR LINK IS TO A 2-3 YEAR OLD CANYON TUNE.

Please provide an updated tune...in private if you must.

teh proof is in teh puddin'.

You're right - it is in 'teh puddin'. Look how many satisfied customers I have on this board and I don't even sponsor it yet

Quote:
Nice....so no updated tune? Even a PM?

I'm not sure what you mean by updated tune? I do each one as it comes in?

Quote:
Meaning a graph with all those little squiggly lines on it..., that was done for an H3. Recently.

I can understand if you don't want to share proprietary information with the whole whirrled.

What about changing the shift points for hauling around a set of 35's, a roof rack, front winch bumper, winch, rock rail-side steps, 2 roof ladders and a rear bumper?

Can it do that? I'm really curious, I'm a girl, you know.....kinda dumb when it comes to all this techie stuff.

Yes...the shift points are a large part of what we are doing with the transmission tuning. Some of our people on here have the 35's with the tune and tell us it makes a substantial difference.

I do not have any recent H3 graphs, sorry. The majority of truck folks (all trucks, not just H3) that stop by in person to get a tune aren't interested in ponying up the extra cash to get on the dyno. They want the seat of the pants difference...noticeable power, better shifting, etc etc and aren't really interested in knowing what it makes on the dyno.

Ok....

so now we are here:

Quote:

I am not a Hummer owner.

Oh now you tell me....in other words, my vehicle would require a custom tune? How much is that?

Last edited by HummBebe : 02-26-2007 at 03:17 AM.