H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 03-24-2006, 12:13 PM
Hummer Authority

ShaggyX is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by DennisAJC:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CO Hummer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Albie:
how do you change your oil??????

That was my main concern. You don't want to be taking off a 90+ lb skid plate all the time, not to mention stripping out bolts, etc. But it's not a problem. There's sufficient access right thru the midrails to get at the filter and drain plug. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So in other words Shaggy is going to be changing your oil? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Hahaha...very funny.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:03 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by PARAGON:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CO Hummer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DennisAJC:
SWEEEEET!!!!

Did you lose any clearance? What was added weight total? How hard is it when trail repair is required? Are the bolts upgraded to prevent weight shearing/stripping? Does the weight have any adverse affects on the air suspension and or other parts? Will this in any way affect warranty? How much?

Probably lost a 1/2 to 1 inch of clearance in the center section. The weight went from a combined 45 lbs (skid/midrail) to just over 200 lbs. As I think about it, this might actually lower the center of gravity a touch. The midrails bolt on through existing holes in the frame with nuts so stripping is not an issue. I bought bunch of grade 8 bolts as spares, just in case. Tapped out the skid to 12mm bolts (I think). Also have the option to bolt it it thru the frame in a couple of places. Warranty is gone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Maybe some type of plow bolts would work well also. Since they have a flush or rounded head they would be less likely to drag on a rock and you wouldn't have to worry about them getting beat up and not being able to put a wrench back on them.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are they called anything else? I asked the Home Depot guys here and they can't figure it out.

My Video Collectionez

Old 04-09-2006, 10:24 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally posted by DennisAJC:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DennisAJC:
SWEEEEET!!!!

Did you lose any clearance? What was added weight total? How hard is it when trail repair is required? Are the bolts upgraded to prevent weight shearing/stripping? Does the weight have any adverse affects on the air suspension and or other parts? Will this in any way affect warranty? How much?

Probably lost a 1/2 to 1 inch of clearance in the center section. The weight went from a combined 45 lbs (skid/midrail) to just over 200 lbs. As I think about it, this might actually lower the center of gravity a touch. The midrails bolt on through existing holes in the frame with nuts so stripping is not an issue. I bought bunch of grade 8 bolts as spares, just in case. Tapped out the skid to 12mm bolts (I think). Also have the option to bolt it it thru the frame in a couple of places. Warranty is gone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Maybe some type of plow bolts would work well also. Since they have a flush or rounded head they would be less likely to drag on a rock and you wouldn't have to worry about them getting beat up and not being able to put a wrench back on them.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are they called anything else? I asked the Home Depot guys here and they can't figure it out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> http://www.metalgrip.com/search.html?category_code=PLOW...&item_number=7536 BP8

http://www.nutsandbolts.com/plow-bolts.html
Old 04-11-2006, 03:39 PM
Hummer Expert

OldHiker is an unknown quantity at this point

What's the status of rock rails? I have the rubber duck, not quite as beefy, but much better then stock.
Old 04-11-2006, 03:49 PM
Hummer Messiah

CO Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by OldHiker:
What's the status of rock rails? I have the rubber duck, not quite as beefy, but much better then stock.

I think Neil said he'd have them ready for production by the time he's going to Moab. That is next week. Not sure if he's still on schedule. PM him (H2Oguy).
Old 04-14-2006, 03:36 PM
Hummer Veteran

H2Oguy is off the scale

They are still in the works but I have fallen behind schedule severely.
Had to make and emergency trip to SA for family matters.