Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > General Off Topic

Old 11-12-2005, 12:55 AM
Hummer Veteran

Petey is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Beastmaster:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy C H2 hasbeen:
Interesting thread - all I want to know is this - all you guys spouting off about distances and trajectorys and dependability and ease of use and guns blowing up in your hands when they are needed most - have any of you actually ever been involved in a CIVILLIAN situation where you actually needed to pull and fire a weapon.

Just out of interest.

I have fired hundreds of rounds through my Ruger P90 and it never blew up on me - what are the chances of this happening on the one occassion that I might possibly need to use it in anger - pretty slim I would imagine.

Any gun is only as effective as the person behind it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, that's my argument. A brand name pistol (Ruger, Glock, S&W, Colt, Kimber, H&K, Sig, Kahr, Walther, Wilson, etc.) will be one of those that you can trust your life on. I want to know that the pistol (when kept in even somewhat deplorable conditions) will fire a round when I pull the trigger.

As for being in a Civilian situation in which I needed to unholster my sidearm - no. In a past professional situation, yes, I have had to unholster my sidearm or utilize and present a long gun.

I can definitely say (with some level of pride, I might add) that I have NEVER had to fire my sidearm (or any long gun for that matter) in self defense or in the defense of a third party. I sincerely hope I never have to, or be placed into a situation in which I do have to defend myself or defend a third party.

And you bring up a good point - if the person behind the pistol is effective in defusing the situation without pulling the trigger, that shows that it's the person being effective - the pistol is just a tool to help present and project the effectiveness of that person at a short range distance.

BTW - I would recommend against utilizing your verbage that you just posted. Firing in anger is not a good thing...nor is it good for a jury to hear either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

STFU... you don't know **** wannabe cop boy.