H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 02-07-2006, 03:08 PM
Hummer Authority

ree is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CO Hummer:
Are you trying to drum up business for your family? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you want to make the drive, feel free.
Old 02-07-2006, 03:09 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Ree, nice disclaimer.

Someone was out dusting the princess mobile last night.
Old 02-07-2006, 03:15 PM
Hummer Authority

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
WRONG WRONG WRONG

Don't see a neurosurgeon. All they want to do is cut. See a neurologist first and then get a referral to surgeon, if needed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That actually is a valid issue.

Many surgeons only want to cut, or only know how to help by cutting. I know a bunch who are ethical enough to try other things and/or tell you they can't help you if they think they can't. And a good neurosurgeon has a larger repertoire than a neurologist; but not necessarily the best judment on how to utilize it

It's your body, ask questions, make sure that you try physical therapy and and medicinal treatments before taking the surgery plunge. A lot of people who have surgery for pain, find that it doesn't help them a lot.

A lot of wusses probably have mild to moderate pain that they think is excruciating and can't live with without trying surgery.

Sometimes you are just too f*c*ed up to be fixed no matter what the treatment
Old 02-07-2006, 03:25 PM
Hummer Veteran

H2Buff is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRTYFN:

If it hurts now, it'll really hurt tomorrow. Trust me, been there & done that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats not a Daytona is it?
Old 02-07-2006, 03:46 PM
Hummer Messiah

CO Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRTYFN:

If it hurts now, it'll really hurt tomorrow. Trust me, been there & done that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The horse didn't feel all that good either.
Old 02-07-2006, 03:59 PM
Hummer Messiah

I think the horse liked it, but the butt buddy didn't.
Old 02-07-2006, 04:34 PM
Hummer Guru

dochummer is an unknown quantity at this point

My 2 cents. You need to see your PCP first. They are the portal of entry people and should know how to handle an motor vehicle collision case. A good PCP (either an MD or DC (chiropractor)) will know when to send you for second opinions etc... If you go directly to a neurologist or a neurosurgeon, chances are they will not know how to handle the case properly, or will not want to do it at all. If you go the MD route, make sure you find one that will try alternative therapy first, i.e. physical therapy, massage therapy, chiropractic etc... drugs are an option, but should only be used when necessary. If you're concerned that the physician won't know how to read an MRI properly, then make sure you are referred to a neurologist to double check things. You shouldn't need to see a neurosurgeon unless all other efforts have failed. They'll tell you if you need surgery or not. If not, then they won't do much else...

'03 H2
Old 02-07-2006, 04:36 PM
Hummer Messiah

A little PCP will go a long way.
Old 02-07-2006, 04:38 PM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CO Hummer:
A little PCP will go a long way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I got a roll of stamps from the post office.
Old 02-07-2006, 04:42 PM
Hummer Messiah

I think CP should see a hypnotist.
Old 02-07-2006, 04:50 PM
Hummer Authority

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dochummer:
My 2 cents. You need to see your PCP first. They are the portal of entry people and should know how to handle an motor vehicle collision case. A good PCP (either an MD or DC (chiropractor)) will know when to send you for second opinions etc... If you go directly to a neurologist or a neurosurgeon, chances are they will not know how to handle the case properly, or will not want to do it at all. If you go the MD route, make sure you find one that will try alternative therapy first, i.e. physical therapy, massage therapy, chiropractic etc... drugs are an option, but should only be used when necessary. If you're concerned that the physician won't know how to read an MRI properly, then make sure you are referred to a neurologist to double check things. You shouldn't need to see a neurosurgeon unless all other efforts have failed. They'll tell you if you need surgery or not. If not, then they won't do much else... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Very reasonable. I guess I should have prefaced my original post with something like "Be aware that you have more options than the chiropractor or GP" Some people go to the doctor without any good idea of what possible further levels of specialization are reasonable and just blindly trust what their GP does. You've got to know your options and keep any eye out for your own health.
Old 02-07-2006, 04:57 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

"Sometimes you are just too f*c*ed up to be fixed no matter what the treatment" = ME
Old 02-07-2006, 05:12 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ree:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dochummer:
My 2 cents. You need to see your PCP first. They are the portal of entry people and should know how to handle an motor vehicle collision case. A good PCP (either an MD or DC (chiropractor)) will know when to send you for second opinions etc... If you go directly to a neurologist or a neurosurgeon, chances are they will not know how to handle the case properly, or will not want to do it at all. If you go the MD route, make sure you find one that will try alternative therapy first, i.e. physical therapy, massage therapy, chiropractic etc... drugs are an option, but should only be used when necessary. If you're concerned that the physician won't know how to read an MRI properly, then make sure you are referred to a neurologist to double check things. You shouldn't need to see a neurosurgeon unless all other efforts have failed. They'll tell you if you need surgery or not. If not, then they won't do much else... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Very reasonable. I guess I should have prefaced my original post with something like "Be aware that you have more options than the chiropractor or GP" Some people go to the doctor without any good idea of what possible further levels of specialization are reasonable and just blindly trust what their GP does. You've got to know your options and keep any eye out for your own health. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

agree.

'03 H2
Old 02-07-2006, 05:12 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
"Sometimes you are just too f*c*ed up to be fixed no matter what the treatment" = ME </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

x2

'03 H2
Old 02-07-2006, 06:12 PM
Hummer Professional

ratesguy is off the scale

H2 Co-Pilot. Wow! New princess mobile and accident all at once? So sorry and hope you are OK. About the princess-mobile. I am looking for a used RX300 for my daughter. Nice,safe,not too small, and pretty reasonable maintenance expenses. Since I anticipate fender-benders with the new driver (hopefully not bad) any info on repair costs would be appreciated. OBTW, soak in a hot epson salt bath and take aleve. If not better in a short while see the doc. Okay see him now but also do above. It will help.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:19 PM
Hummer Messiah

It appears just the rear bumper cover needs to be replaced. He didn't hit us that hard because the nose of his car slid under our bumper. Sales mgr said about a grand to fix it. We'll have a more solid number Thursday.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:52 PM
Hummer Professional

ratesguy is off the scale

Thanks
Old 02-08-2006, 11:59 AM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

Rates, your daughter will love it.

My thought when I was thinking of what car to get was based on luxury, gas mileage and maintenance cost. I had a used Toyota Tercel when I was in college and it never let me down, and I still see the same model and year buzzing around town. The cost for service/parts/repair is very agreeable- and I really love the look of it. And the inside- ahhhhhhh.

Now, I know that it is safe too and I know that it would be a concern pondered in getting something for her.