H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 04-02-2014, 12:56 AM

jsbihn is on a distinguished road
Default Is it me or......?

Is it me or do you think in the wake of all these GM recalls you would think that they would put the H2 in there also with all its little gremlins.
OK sure the other issues are supposedly life threatening, but technically so are ours...
The wipers go bad and cant see.... bam crash dead...
The wiper fluid runs and cant see ... again bam crash dead

And so on.....

I think GM should pony up and say the part that the H2 is built with are crap like they are saying for the rest

Old 04-02-2014, 02:38 AM
Hummer Expert

Rico001 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Is it me or......?

I think they should fix the stepper motors on the dash board that just die and cost way to much to have fixed at our cost, but GM knows this is a issue with several of it's trucks.
Yellow 2003 H2 Luxury ALPHA , 2" lift, Black Helo Maxx8 20 X 10 Rims, Toyo AT Open Country II LT35/12.50/R20 tires, taillight guards and black LE brush guard, KC light bar w/4 Daylights, Recon Smoked roof lights, Sirius/XM Satellite Radio, Kenwood Head Unit , 4 - 6-1/2 inch Polk Audio Speakers, solid billet tailgate handle,HUMMER H2 Ghost lights ib front doors
Old 04-02-2014, 02:45 AM
Hummer Expert

LoJac963 is on a distinguished road

It's taken them over 10 years of deaths I believe I read for them to finally recall all these vehicles. Several parents lost their children from the ignition switches turning the cars off resulting in really bad accidents.

Fortunately the 2's don't have those types of issues. Sure the problems we have suck but thank god there hasn't been deaths as a result!
Old 04-03-2014, 02:48 PM
Hummer Expert

Hellz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbihn
Is it me or do you think in the wake of all these GM recalls you would think that they would put the H2 in there also with all its little gremlins.
OK sure the other issues are supposedly life threatening, but technically so are ours...
The wipers go bad and cant see.... bam crash dead...
The wiper fluid runs and cant see ... again bam crash dead

And so on.....

I think GM should pony up and say the part that the H2 is built with are crap like they are saying for the rest

well i wouldnt say BAMCRASH DEAD....
i think for us in H2's, its Bam crash, crunch, someone died before i got done four wheeling on the highway.

yes its a little dark humor, but in all reality i have a pretty safe level of comfort when driving my H2. no car (non SUV, Truck, or crossover or anything like that) really scares me or makes me worried if i plowed into them or they into me..that if i am going to be able to walk away. im 99% confident that i will walk away without any injuries at all. granted i know my H2 will be totaled because if its a front or rear collision.. im loosing at the very least a diff, and whatever else in front.
4.88 gears *** Cognito UCA & SwayBar Links *** Kryptonite tie rods *** K&N CAI *** 37x12.50xR20 BFG KM2 Mud Terrain's *** 20x10 Black KMC Rockstars *** EBC Slotted Rotors *** N-FAB Sidesteps *** Line-X Grill *** Recon Smoke Cab Lights ***Diablo Predator U7193
Old 04-04-2014, 12:51 PM

jsbihn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellz
well i wouldnt say BAMCRASH DEAD....
i think for us in H2's, its Bam crash, crunch, someone died before i got done four wheeling on the highway.

yes its a little dark humor, but in all reality i have a pretty safe level of comfort when driving my H2. .

Yes I agree with the quoted.
It is definitely safe feeling and sure.
I would say that if we get in a wreck I would think the others would suffer more then us.
Given I do have to say that even though it did take deaths to make GM stand up, we still have parts from those cars in our rigs. We also have big issues that could darkly effect the outcome of a trip to the grocery store.

Sure ok maybe we arent that bad off....
BUT I just think if you build something and sell it for 50k at least, it should be something decent. Sure, an older Ferrari you have to rebuild the engine every year but thats because it is a hardcore performance machine. You arent rebuilding things that have to do with your safety in that Ferrari.

2 cents
Old 04-10-2014, 01:27 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point

When the H2 first came out many of us had ignition issues. There are tons of early posts on this forum about the ignitions messing up on the H2 and it was a hot topic. I had mine replaced under warranty by Lynch on my '03. It seems in 2006 they used a new unit and there were very few posts if any about ignitions after that if my memory serves me correctly.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:11 PM
Hummer Veteran

hmer is off the scale

The One thing that always gets me about car makers is that it always takes a bunch of lifes for some things to get fixed .