H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-20-2002, 04:14 AM

Is it my imagination or does rain hit the H2 windshield more than it should. I've driven all sorts of vehicules over the years but have noticed over the past 3 rainfalls an unusual feeling that when the H2 is moving it seems
raining more than it expected. During a light rain When stopped at a traffic light a few drops hit the windshield. When the Hummer starts moving a torrential rain seems to be coming down. Anyone else experience this or am I nuts?
Old 12-20-2002, 04:14 AM

Is it my imagination or does rain hit the H2 windshield more than it should. I've driven all sorts of vehicules over the years but have noticed over the past 3 rainfalls an unusual feeling that when the H2 is moving it seems
raining more than it expected. During a light rain When stopped at a traffic light a few drops hit the windshield. When the Hummer starts moving a torrential rain seems to be coming down. Anyone else experience this or am I nuts?
Old 12-20-2002, 04:26 AM

HeeHaw is off the scale

Have driven a lot in the ran lately, and from the looks of it, a storm is bearing down on us now. I'll go for a spin and check it out.

Mac, have you floated away yet?

HeeeeeeeeeeHAwwwwwwwwwwww
Old 12-20-2002, 04:38 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

When your sitting still the rain seems quite mild, probably cause the windshield is not slanted and the rain falls on an almost vertical surface...not a whole lot of turbulence.

I think we can all agree there's a lack of aerodynamic flow over the front windshield...it's quite turbulent. Right around 75 mph you can really hear the air start to hammer that glass. The rain is probably just caught in this violent/turbulent air and you hear it smashing against the windshield. No biggy.
Old 12-20-2002, 04:43 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

fth232, I am sorry to say, you are nuts. Don't feel too bad, judge by what I read on this forum, you should feel right at home. I am the only normal adult here.

I am 750 feet above sea level, if I am flooded, you would be in Australia by now.
Old 12-20-2002, 07:50 PM
Hummer Professional

TBarrow is off the scale

Rain-x helps alot I experienced the same effects prior.
Black H2 Adventure Series + Luxury, AirForce One intake, Throttle Body Bypass, Gobi Rack w/2\" Brackets & 4 PIAA 580 Lights, Xenarc HID, Alcoa Wheels, Goodyear 37x12.50x17 MT/R, Warn 9.5Ti Thermometric Winch, DiabloSport programmer,160 Degree T-Stat, B&B Headers and full dual exhaust by B&B as well, ARB fridge/freezer, Full Audio upgrade.