H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 08-25-2005, 09:45 PM

H3Lady is off the scale

We just noticed this:

We have the lights set to turn off a few minutes after you turn the engine off. If you want to lock the doors, you have to wait for the lights to turn off completely before the lock button will work...This does not happen during the day, as the lights do not come on.

We tested this and it does it all the time..

Letting the dealer know this next week.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:45 PM

H3Lady is off the scale

We just noticed this:

We have the lights set to turn off a few minutes after you turn the engine off. If you want to lock the doors, you have to wait for the lights to turn off completely before the lock button will work...This does not happen during the day, as the lights do not come on.

We tested this and it does it all the time..

Letting the dealer know this next week.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:56 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

Purs works fine. I'd play with those settings a little bit. The only time you cannot lock ours is when you leave th ekey in the ignition (like it's supposed to).

GO FISH.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:56 AM

H3OH is off the scale

H3Lady,

Did you look in the manual and play with the different settings for the locks? Is this in the car, or is this with the remote? There are 2 or 3 options (lights, horn, nothing) and you have to use the ignition and push the remote button at the same time to fix it (or something along those lines). Try changing it. Maybe it's stuck in a loop or something.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you are posting.
Old 08-26-2005, 07:07 AM

H3Lady is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H3OH:
H3Lady,

Did you look in the manual and play with the different settings for the locks? Is this in the car, or is this with the remote? There are 2 or 3 options (lights, horn, nothing) and you have to use the ignition and push the remote button at the same time to fix it (or something along those lines). Try changing it. Maybe it's stuck in a loop or something.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you are posting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will try that. we have the horn beep when it locks, also I can hear the locks engage too.

Again, if the lights remain on after you exit the H3, until they go off they themselves, you can push the remote button till you blue in the face and it will not lock the doors. Works fine if not lights are off totally too.

I think this is a software issue...
Old 08-26-2005, 10:27 AM
Hummer Veteran

Sharkster is off the scale

Works fine on mine. I switched the car's remote response to horn chirp (1 chirp when you lock, 2 chirps when you open it) and light response.

I also played around with the auto-locking modes a little, but set it back to default after that (makes sense that the doors unlock when you put the automatic transmission to "P" and locks the doors when you set it to any other mode).

Everything works fine on my H3. Try to play around a little with the remote response mode and the locking modes (consult the manual on how to do that)... maybe that will fix it.

H3Lady, it's really strange how many problems you got with your H3. I've driven for around 1,500 miles with mine and I didn't encounter ANY problem whatsoever. No weird noises, no malfunctions... Everything's just perfect.
Old 08-26-2005, 01:38 PM

H3OH is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">H3Lady, it's really strange how many problems you got with your H3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At times I feel bad for her. It's just wild she gets these random incidents. At first it was funny, but now I'm starting to wonder if everything is okay with her car. I have a funny pic that I have reserved just for H3Lady, but she insists it's not a lemon.
Old 08-26-2005, 04:20 PM
Hummer Veteran

Sharkster is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H3OH:
I have a funny pic that I have reserved just for H3Lady, but she insists it's not a lemon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yea, I saw that pic with the lemon on wheels. If I was in H3Lady's shoes I seriously would consider to trade in her H3 for a new one.

Again I cannot point out enough how happy I am with my ride. When stepping back from considering the new Mercedes ML or a Porsche Cayenne in favor for the H3, my friends warned me about a less good quality assurance on US cars... but so far, I can only laugh at them, because a buddy of me had various issues with his brand new BMW X5.

Knock on wood...
Old 08-27-2005, 06:30 AM

hyperion78 is off the scale

ya with her son working for GM, and all the connections that she has, you think that they would have taken care of her by now.... if not just to take care of all those phone calls that she is probably making to them :-D JFWY :-P hehehe
Old 08-27-2005, 09:38 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hyperion78:
ya with her son working for GM, and all the connections that she has, you think that they would have taken care of her by now.... if not just to take care of all those phone calls that she is probably making to them :-D JFWY :-P hehehe </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For you non-GM employees, you will be happy to know that for the greatest majority of employees, we are treated the same in the service department and sales department as every other customer; other than the discount.
Yes, some of us in certain groups get to know what's coming in the future, we get to see early design vehicles, but we can't say anything about it to outsiders.

Some of us in the service engineering groups, see the bulletins prior to their release, we have the test equipment to troubleshoot our vehicle before taking it to the dealer, but that does not mean the dealer will listen to us.

In the Detroit area, this is even more apparent since there are so many employee purchases at the local dealers.

As for this problem, it does sound like a BCM calibration has taken a "dump," or the BCM has gone on vacation. But, it is impossible to say for sure without actually testing the system.
Old 08-27-2005, 07:13 PM

H3Lady is off the scale

Your right f5stop
the bcm has become unstable. not so uncommon.
get it redone on tuesday...

it can happen to anyone...

we have one of the first H3 and for the first, yes we do have some problems but not many.

We are actually a test family for the H3, they call us once every 2 weeks for our report on the vehicle.

most of the weird stuff i electronic crashing in these new ones these days.....

not a lemon, just man made....
Old 08-27-2005, 07:46 PM

hyperion78 is off the scale

ohhh I do I get to be a "test" family? hehehe
Old 08-27-2005, 07:59 PM

H3Lady is off the scale

They have to call you
Old 08-27-2005, 10:11 PM
Hummer Guru

Another way to become a test case is just for the word to get out that there is a certain engineer who is driving one. I have had three calls this week asking if I had anything to say about the vehicle.
So far, my only suggestions have been:
Give my fat foot some more room near the accel. pedal.
Change the display from amber to another color that can be seen with the sunroof open and the sun shinning. (I knew this was going to be a problem before I purchased the vehicle. While in Spring Hill, we immediately had complaints about this amber radio screen and sunlight, so I can't complain, but I can recommend.)
Old 08-28-2005, 10:41 AM

H3Lady is off the scale

f5stop....the navi is nice...i saw one...we may get one next month...I will keep you post if it is readable with the moonroof open...
Old 08-28-2005, 03:08 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H3Lady:
f5stop....the navi is nice...i saw one...we may get one next month...I will keep you post if it is readable with the moonroof open... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Will not spend that much money for a Navigation unit. Ninety percent of the time I don't need a Nav unit, and the 10 Percent that I do, I have garmin I can install temporarily for highway use, and when off-road, I use a Magellan Sportrak topographic unit. The topo unit is great for off-road.
The unit they install in this is only for on-highway use. It works good, I have played with one, but just can't see spending that amount of money for something I would only use on a limited bases.
Besides, my garmin tells me where all the restaurants, gas station, hotels, etc., are at all the exits on the interstate.