H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 02-20-2006, 04:53 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

The H3 sat from friday 8pm till today monday at 11 am battery was dead?. I did wash it on saturday and water froze up after wash(had to get rid of the salt from the roads).After I put on charger (15 minutes)It started . the drivers window didnt work the locks would only work the drivers door and the on off switch on the door didnt do nothing.also auto start didnt work after shutting off and restarting.Checked fuses all ok. I did brake a clip on the plastic removing cover(cold).Ran it for 15 to 20 minutes everything is working properly now.

I called hummer and made an appointment for tuesday 2/28 At that time I was getting a oil change,tire rotation , inspect the rear washer pump,and install passanger side roof plastic( I ordered last oil change)They said if I have a problem with the new one in march /april they will install complete updated rails on both sides.Also on tuesday the will check battery/ system.Also said if it dont start tommorow morning bring it in.Also they said they would have to look at fuse cover as it might not be covered under warranty.If it starts up over the next few days Ill wait till tuesday.Im going on a road trip upstate on thursday and wont be back till sunday (hopfully I get some good pics in)I guess if I have a problem upstate I will call onstar.

Any ideas why battery went dead. The eclipse system and remote start were installed 2 months ago and It has sat for 2 or 3 days in that time
also its been longer on my airhorn set up about 4 months and a month with the 12 volt fridge,that I used a relay for and shuts off with the key using a Rap circut.Nothing seems to be on or running with the H3 off.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 02-20-2006, 04:53 PM
Hummer Guru

The H3 sat from friday 8pm till today monday at 11 am battery was dead?. I did wash it on saturday and water froze up after wash(had to get rid of the salt from the roads).After I put on charger (15 minutes)It started . the drivers window didnt work the locks would only work the drivers door and the on off switch on the door didnt do nothing.also auto start didnt work after shutting off and restarting.Checked fuses all ok. I did brake a clip on the plastic removing cover(cold).Ran it for 15 to 20 minutes everything is working properly now.

I called hummer and made an appointment for tuesday 2/28 At that time I was getting a oil change,tire rotation , inspect the rear washer pump,and install passanger side roof plastic( I ordered last oil change)They said if I have a problem with the new one in march /april they will install complete updated rails on both sides.Also on tuesday the will check battery/ system.Also said if it dont start tommorow morning bring it in.Also they said they would have to look at fuse cover as it might not be covered under warranty.If it starts up over the next few days Ill wait till tuesday.Im going on a road trip upstate on thursday and wont be back till sunday (hopfully I get some good pics in)I guess if I have a problem upstate I will call onstar.

Any ideas why battery went dead. The eclipse system and remote start were installed 2 months ago and It has sat for 2 or 3 days in that time
also its been longer on my airhorn set up about 4 months and a month with the 12 volt fridge,that I used a relay for and shuts off with the key using a Rap circut.Nothing seems to be on or running with the H3 off.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 02-20-2006, 06:52 PM
Hummer Guru

My wife took it to work around noon and it just started fine.Hopefully it will be fine in the morning.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:10 AM
Hummer Guru

NEOCON1 is an unknown quantity at this point

442 sorry to hear about that , seems like " a Ghost in the machine " hope they find something when in for service .
* Rollin with the Banned and the Damned *

"Fred Thompson for President "
Old 02-21-2006, 01:11 AM
Hummer Guru

NEOCON1 is an unknown quantity at this point

the 12 volt fridge ? you didant leave it on ?
* Rollin with the Banned and the Damned *

"Fred Thompson for President "
Old 02-21-2006, 11:54 AM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">NEOCON1
Hummer Expert

Posted Feb 20, 10:11 PM
the 12 volt fridge ? you didant leave it on ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have the fridge running through a relay off a RAP circuit when keys out and you open door it shuts off.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:59 AM
Hummer Veteran

Disnydad is off the scale

Sounds like when there was a round of defective batteries in the Cadillacs last year. Bad cell.
Old 02-21-2006, 12:25 PM
Hummer Guru

Sounds like when there was a round of defective batteries in the Cadillacs last year. Bad cell.

Thats what Im hope's the problem.It just started easily sitting 14 hours.I will be using it every day till next tuesday so We will see.
Old 02-21-2006, 07:42 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

One of the top ten hits on the GM assistance center...dead batteries. Per my neighbor, who works for the Lexus assistance center in Auburn Hills, MI, bad batteries are in their top ten list too.
Normally, these happen in hot climates more than cold. In cold, the battery goes dead and if really dead a cell goes bad. In hot climates, the cells just go dead without losing the charge first as in a cold climate.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:26 PM
Hummer Guru

Im hope it the battery .
Old 02-21-2006, 09:30 PM
Hummer Authority

wannabeH3 is an unknown quantity at this point

u prolly left your radio on while u were washin it.. that amp will kill a battery in a day
Old 02-21-2006, 09:35 PM
Hummer Guru

DDWH is an unknown quantity at this point

Probably just a crappy batt 442, I wouldn't stress until it happens a 2nd or 3rd time.

"OBAMA......Making Jimmy Carter LOOK GOOD!"
Old 02-21-2006, 09:55 PM
Hummer Guru

I think I read it was only 550 cranking amps.I put a 1000 cranking amps 900 cold cranking amps in the 442 with 18 wheeler thick cables( my brother works on the rigs for fed ex he made me + & - cables using heavy gauge wire) starter cranks and starts up after sitting a month or two.
In a couple years ill upgrade the battery(maybee sooner)
Old 02-21-2006, 10:13 PM
Hummer Guru

I'll be replacing mine with an Optima Gel, so that when I roll it, I won't spill acid on the inside of the hood.
Old 02-21-2006, 10:29 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'll be replacing mine with an Optima Gel, so that when I roll it, I won't spill acid on the inside of the hood. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was thinking the same thing Optima Gel
Old 02-22-2006, 01:20 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

I have put Optima Gels in a couple of my vehicles and they are by far the best batteries I have ever had.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 02-22-2006, 06:52 PM
Hummer Guru

Well wife just called at work : this morning it started fine.At lunch, she started it and had it run about 5 minutes shut off while watching dvd for about 30 minutes she goes to roll down window and it seemed slow so she goes to start it and click click click battery dead again.Ill go pick her up after work and jump it.I called dealer, im bringing it in tommorrow morning to get it look at .Hopefully its just the battery and not a drain on something factory or aftermarket.I was planning to go upstate tommorow till sunday .Hope they figure it out and dont tell me its a accessory.
We will see.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:53 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummerNewbie:
I have put Optima Gels in a couple of my vehicles and they are by far the best batteries I have ever had. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And rather than use jumper cables, if the posts align, you can literally turn it upside down, touch posts with a dead battery, and the vehicle will start.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:55 PM
Hummer Authority

wannabeH3 is an unknown quantity at this point

well you said u got dvd's prolly got a bad install causing a power drain or some ****.. better have the installer take a look at it.
Old 02-22-2006, 08:09 PM
Hummer Guru

The install was done 2 months ago Im hoping its not it seems to work properly and I used a good installer.I see what happens tommorow at dealer.
I just called on star the said they will have someone there at 7:30 when my wife gets off work.Ill let them do it its a 1/2 hour away.