H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 02-21-2006, 11:25 PM
Hummer Veteran

KB7TCV is off the scale

Just started ball rolling on new h3. will be here next week. Anyone able to help with certificate?? help is appreciated.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:25 PM
Hummer Veteran

KB7TCV is off the scale

Just started ball rolling on new h3. will be here next week. Anyone able to help with certificate?? help is appreciated.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:35 PM
Hummer Expert

Mike E is off the scale

just sent you a PM.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:41 PM

Chaugar is off the scale

Anywone know what the difference is between the GMID (family or relative discount?) and the GM in my driveway discount is? I know that sounds funny, but it does exist. Even the manager at the local Hummer dealership laugh when I asked him. Called me back the next day and said yes, that they would honor it. My question is, which one is the bigger discount? I'm just glad to be able to get either. Thanks
Old 02-21-2006, 11:49 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

I got the GM what u talking about discount discount.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:00 AM
Hummer Veteran

Ma\'Deuce is off the scale

I get the regular GM(GMS)discount, but i was wondering the same thing about the "in the driveway" discount. It seems you have to have a cert. of a retired hourly employee. do they have to be a family member? If not, anyone care to help out a H3 buyer?
Old 02-22-2006, 12:48 AM

Chaugar is off the scale

Ok. I used the Find button and there are previous discussions on the topic. There is alot of really good info by f5fstop. Thanks for the info guys. Chau
Old 02-22-2006, 01:42 AM
Hummer Professional

aggiehummer...er is off the scale

And just for the record, GMID price is below invoice on an H3, according the factory invoices of every H3 on our lot.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:26 AM

Chaugar is off the scale

How much lower? Depends on the specific vehicle? The GMS is below invoice for sure. GMS has to be below GMID. Man I love the idea of saving money. It's like free accessories!
Old 02-22-2006, 09:04 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Find a thread I did with great detail on the price differences between GMID and GMS. It showed sticker prices, GMID prices and it showed that GMID is about 1.8-2% above dealer invoice, while GMS is below dealer invoice.
The thread had links to local Hummer dealers with the GMID prices figured by Buy Power.com
Old 02-22-2006, 10:08 AM
Hummer Veteran

Ma\'Deuce is off the scale

Dealer told me to find a retired hourly GM worker and have him/her sign for the "in the driveway" discount(GMID?) and I'll save another grand. I wonder if they have to be a family member? If not, anyone care to sign for me? you'll get a friend for life.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:26 AM
Elcova Rookie

WKMCD is off the scale

I saved over 4k with the GMID Certificate. The dealer wasn't making any deals on the car at time - Monday - and were really surprised when I pulled out the Certificate number.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:35 PM
Hummer Veteran

KB7TCV is off the scale

Got the certificate. thanks to Mike E for the certificate. pics to be posted when i pick up my new H3
Old 02-22-2006, 03:27 PM
k9tim

@KB7TCV

Nice to see yet another radio guy on here! You're gonna love the H3!!!
Old 02-22-2006, 06:37 PM
Hummer Expert

Mike E is off the scale

ENJOY!!!
Old 02-22-2006, 09:12 PM
Hummer Veteran

KJS is an unknown quantity at this point

See now I've been crazy confused on this too, I keep hearing that the "GID" that is given to someone is equal to approx 1% lower than dealer invoice. I found a GM employee willing to issue one to me, got the ID # and here is how it was broke down for the one I am trying to get...

MRSP $38,115.00
GMID Price $34,871.10
Dealer Invoice Price $34,424.00

So after all this hearing about and reading about the GIDs being lower than invoice I've been to two different local dealers and after giving them my GID number the price was always higher then invoice, NOT lower!?! The one above is $447.10 higher then invoice? Soooooo what am I missing? Is there more than one type of discount they are able to issue out? I have only seen or heard of two, GMS (actual GM employees and only good for actual employees) and these GID's that we all beg for! LOL

I was emailed this from an @gm.com address after the person agreed to issue one, it says..

GM in the Driveway authorization!

Congratulations on your decision to purchase or lease a new GM vehicle. In order to receive the discounted vehicle price from your selected
dealership, you will need to provide them with the authorization number listed below.

Authorization Number: xxxxxxx - GID
Relationship: PROSPECT
Expiration Date: 07/30/2006

Now a few of you just posted that you pulled out certificates and gave them? What is that all about? You were sent a physical certificate of some type? Just trying to find out the true deal with having a "GID" what it is actually worth or mean!?!?!?!?!?
Old 02-22-2006, 09:31 PM
Hummer Expert

walc is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KJS:
See now I've been crazy confused on this too, I keep hearing that the "GID" that is given to someone is equal to approx 1% lower than dealer invoice. I found a GM employee willing to issue one to me, got the ID # and here is how it was broke down for the one I am trying to get...

MRSP $38,115.00
GMID Price $34,871.10
Dealer Invoice Price $34,424.00

So after all this hearing about and reading about the GIDs being lower than invoice I've been to two different local dealers and after giving them my GID number the price was always higher then invoice, NOT lower!?! The one above is $447.10 higher then invoice? Soooooo what am I missing? Is there more than one type of discount they are able to issue out? I have only seen or heard of two, GMS (actual GM employees and only good for actual employees) and these GID's that we all beg for! LOL

I was emailed this from an @gm.com address after the person agreed to issue one, it says..

GM in the Driveway authorization!

Congratulations on your decision to purchase or lease a new GM vehicle. In order to receive the discounted vehicle price from your selected
dealership, you will need to provide them with the authorization number listed below.

Authorization Number: xxxxxxx - GID
Relationship: PROSPECT
Expiration Date: 07/30/2006

Now a few of you just posted that you pulled out certificates and gave them? What is that all about? You were sent a physical certificate of some type? Just trying to find out the true deal with having a "GID" what it is actually worth or mean!?!?!?!?!? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

f5fstop already answered your question above.
Trust him. He knows what he is talking about.

2008 Ford F250 Super Duty, 6.4L PSD, XLT, 4x4, LB.
2006 Hummer H2 SUT.
2003 Land Rover Discovery S.
2007 Mercedes Benz E350.
2006 BMW M3 Convertible.
2007 Harley Davidson FXD Dyna Super Glide.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:15 PM

Chaugar is off the scale

The way I understand it is the truth about it is infront of you. You got the GMID discount (slightly above invoice). The one below invoice is the GMS. The only way to get this is to work for GM or be a relative of someone who works there. This is what f5fstop has been saying all along. Still though, saving close to 4k is Great! whether it is 1% above or below. forget about trying to get more, use what you've got, it's better than nothing.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:19 PM
Hummer Professional

aggiehummer...er is off the scale

All I'm saying is that every H3 we currently have on the lot has a GMID/Supplier price lower than the factory invoice. I don't know what's different about our Hummers, but oh well.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:34 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not into marketing or finance, but I do know there are invoices and invoices. Just being logical, if GMS is the best discount you can get (which it is), it is only 1.8-2% below invoice, and from talking with my friends in Vehicle Administration (the group that handles these discounts), GMID is above invoice.
Can't say GM has not changed this in the last month since I ran all those price invoices, but I cannot understand why they would on a vehicle they cannot keep in stock.
I'm certainly not going to say that aggiehummer...er is incorrect, I'm just wondering which invoice. I do believe there is a difference between Factory invoice versus Dealer Invoice, but it may be just terminology. But there is still the confusion about the prices I posted from the online system for vehicles at Suburban Hummer, Troy MI.

Maybe I'll call the vehicle people again and have them explain this to me.