H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 02-22-2006, 10:47 PM
Hummer Veteran

KJS is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by f5fstop:
I'm not into marketing or finance, but I do know there are invoices and invoices. Just being logical, if GMS is the best discount you can get (which it is), it is only 1.8-2% below invoice, and from talking with my friends in Vehicle Administration (the group that handles these discounts), GMID is above invoice.
Can't say GM has not changed this in the last month since I ran all those price invoices, but I cannot understand why they would on a vehicle they cannot keep in stock.
I'm certainly not going to say that aggiehummer...er is incorrect, I'm just wondering which invoice. I do believe there is a difference between Factory invoice versus Dealer Invoice, but it may be just terminology. But there is still the confusion about the prices I posted from the online system for vehicles at Suburban Hummer, Troy MI.

Maybe I'll call the vehicle people again and have them explain this to me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have been searching trying to find the prev thread of yours that is mentioned above but coming up short, you have a link?
Old 02-22-2006, 10:52 PM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aggiehummer...er:
All I'm saying is that every H3 we currently have on the lot has a GMID/Supplier price lower than the factory invoice. I don't know what's different about our Hummers, but oh well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you able to post a pic of an actual invoice? I have yet to see one, see the outline or break down would give some insight. Dealership wont even let me see the one for the H3 we are working on right now! That part was adding to my confusion with the whole is it over or under invoice for GID too! Guess my thoughts were if they are not letting me see then how do I know they are not full of sh!t, you know!? Why hide it
Old 02-22-2006, 10:57 PM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chaugar:
whether it is 1% above or below. forget about trying to get more, use what you've got, it's better than nothing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Better than nothing I agree, but you also have to look at 1-2% below VS 1-2% over could be $1000-1500 difference, which would equals $30/$40 month on the curt GMAC lease!
Old 02-23-2006, 03:07 AM

Chaugar is off the scale

Yeah, but just imagine all the people.....who didn't know about the GMID discount or couldn't get one. They had to just depend on their bargaining skills. And it's hard to bargain, when you want the vehicle and the dealer isn't budging.
Old 02-23-2006, 04:20 AM
Hummer Veteran

TA8088 is off the scale

In Oct. when I bought mine dealer would barely come down from MSRP after several days back and forth. Got ahold of a GMID certificate/number and walked back in with a set price. Mine stickered 39.5K and with the certificate I got for almost 4K less. I did get the dealer to throw in a couple of gas cards too.
Old 02-23-2006, 04:29 AM
Hummer Novice

Thor is off the scale

I just purchased an H3 and absolutely love it! Wanted to put my 2 cents into this conversation (I am not sure it will bring you any clarity, but here it goes…).

The special GM in the Driveway (GMI) pricing is the same as the price our preferred suppliers pay. You can also combine the GID with other discounts to receive the maximum value! This offer is valid through September 30, 2006.

Any GM employee can get you the GID price. They need to use the online process to obtain GM in the Driveway authorization numbers.

The GID is not the same as GMS, but still a good deal. Hope to see more Hummers on the road in the next few months.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:39 AM

Chaugar is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The special GM in the Driveway (GMI) pricing is the same as the price our preferred suppliers pay. You can also combine the GID with other discounts to receive the maximum value! This offer is valid through September 30, 2006. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Care to elaborate on the "other Discounts". What other discounts are there? To get the maximum value? Is there a way to add GMID + other discounts to = GMS discount? I am interested. Thanks
Old 02-23-2006, 10:15 AM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You can also combine the GID with other discounts to receive the maximum value! This offer is valid through September 30, 2006.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

which offer is that? havent seen or heard of anything offered or even listed on the gm or hummer sites. please explain!
Old 02-23-2006, 12:00 PM
Hummer Novice

Thor is off the scale

One example of “other discounts” would be the regional incentives. Click here to see the current regional incentives. Unfortunately, there are no current Hummer H3 incentives, but keep checking back (updated at least one time a month—believe it is on the fifth of each month).

Another example is the DVD rear Entertainment System offering—$299 a smoking price anywhere!

Hope this helped.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:12 PM

Chaugar is off the scale

It does help. Thanks.
Old 02-23-2006, 05:54 PM

BigRob is off the scale

GMS is the employee discount. It is given to employees and immediate family.

GM IN THE DRIVEWAY (GMID) is the discount used for friends and family.

GMS is the bigger discount.
Old 02-26-2006, 12:22 PM
Hummer Veteran

back from bottom, any replies for...

"I have been searching trying to find the prev thread of yours that is mentioned above but coming up short, you have a link?

OR

Are you able to post a pic of an actual invoice? I have yet to see one, see the outline or break down would give some insight. Dealership wont even let me see the one for the H3 we are working on right now! That part was adding to my confusion with the whole is it over or under invoice for GID too! Guess my thoughts were if they are not letting me see then how do I know they are not full of sh!t, you know!? Why hide it"
Old 02-26-2006, 11:03 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Re-post of a re-post of something I posted a few months ago.
GM Supplier Vehicle Purchase Program (SVPP) allows active employees of an eligible GM supplier to receive a discount that is approximately 2% above invoice.

GMID or GM In the Driveway, is a program GM started a year ago that allows any GM employee (salary or hourly) to obtain two authorization numbers per month for anyone to purchase a GM vehicle. The authorization number cannot be given to anyone who is eligible for the actual GM employee discount.

GM employees are eligible for two different types of discounts:

GM New Vehicle & Company-Owned Vehicle Purchase Programs (NVPP & COVPP)

The COVPP (Company Owned Vehicle Purchase Program) allows active, retired, employees on disability or approved absence (for a period of 12 months) to purchase a new GM driven company car at a large discount that depends on the mileage of the vehicle. (Good example is a few years ago, I purchased a 2003 Corvette with 2900 miles for 35K, and it had a sticker of about 49K.) Spouses and surviving spouses are also eligible for this program.

NVPP (New Vehicle Purchase Program...AKA GMS) allows GM employees, and the following sponsored family members: spouses, surviving spouses, children, siblings (including full/half and step), in-laws (father/mother/brother/sister) and grandchildren; to obtain a GM vehicle at approximately 2% below invoice.

One reason this is called GMS is years ago, GM offered GMO and GMS to their employees. GMO had a greater discount, but it had to be ordered; therefore, it was called GMO, "O" for ordered. The other program at that time was GMS, and it allowed GM employees to purchase a vehicle that was in dealer stock, but the discount was not as good as GMO. The "S" stood for Stock.
A few years ago, GM did away with the GMO and consolidated it what was called GMS.
Dealers and employees still refer to it as GMS, even though it is really known as NVPP.
Some people also started referring to the GM supplier discount as GMS, but that is really incorrect.

SVPP (supplier discount), GMID, and GMS are up to the dealer to accept. They can refuse to sell to anyone on these discounts since the do not make as big of a profit on these vehicles, and in some cases they have been paying floor plan interest on a vehicle a supplier or employee wants to purchase.

Some dealers will accept GMID or supplier discounts but not employee discounts since the dealer makes more money on the supplier and GMID than they do on the employee discount.

The company owned vehicle purchase program can be refused by a dealer too; however, a dealer is foolish to do so, since the dealer is never charged for the vehicle, and the dealer makes 5% of the MSRP for handling the transaction. All the dealer is required to do is pick the car up (if out of state, the employee has to pay the shipping charges), wash the vehicle, and hopefully, change the oil.

Now, are we all confused?
Old 02-27-2006, 12:18 AM
Hummer Veteran

f5fstop, thanks! That clears up A LOT of things!

Here is one more for you on this subject if you don't mind!? I have read on a few other sites that when a Dealership honors / accepts a GMID and sells the vehicle at the GMID price that they get reimbursed by GM for that deal since they had the potential of making a lot more on the vehicle if it were sold to someone that was not eligible for the discount. If this is true, can you post details on how that works? Is it a certain %, a flat $ amount, etc etc
Old 03-01-2006, 09:11 PM
Hummer Veteran

Still around f5stop?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KJS:
f5fstop, thanks! That clears up A LOT of things!

Here is one more for you on this subject if you don't mind!? I have read on a few other sites that when a Dealership honors / accepts a GMID and sells the vehicle at the GMID price that they get reimbursed by GM for that deal since they had the potential of making a lot more on the vehicle if it were sold to someone that was not eligible for the discount. If this is true, can you post details on how that works? Is it a certain %, a flat $ amount, etc etc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>