H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 07-06-2006, 07:18 PM
Hummer Veteran

pablla4 is off the scale
Default which navigation to choose?

anyone have any suggestions? im thinking about the eclipse avn6600, but i duno which is the best system out.
Old 07-06-2006, 07:28 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: which navigation to choose?

I hear a lot of good things about the Eclipse models but really depends on what you want. I went with a Pioneer because I wanted XM radio and XM Traffic.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 07-07-2006, 01:52 AM
Hummer Professional

Scouts Out is an unknown quantity at this point

I swear by Garmin when I am in foreign country with people shooting at me. I am not sure if they offer anything for cars but I know from southern Iraq to Baghdad to Mousal I could trust Garmin to tell me where I was and often my life depended on it.

Superior Blue, Adventure Package, Roof mounted off road lights, Auto, 6 Disk Monsoon with XM, Brush Guard, Tire Cover, Husky mud flaps, flat steps, black fuel door.

Other Cars.....

1980 Triumph TR8 3.5 litre V8
Old 07-07-2006, 02:03 AM
Hummer Authority

marin8703 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was origionally planing to go with the eclipse avn 6600 but then the pioneer avic-z1 came out and i was blown away by all the fatures. Dont get me wrong the avn 6600 is a top of the line nav but there are just some features like xm trafic which HummerNewbie already said, and it works with both xm and sirius satelite radios. Plus it has a hard drive in it which you can store up to 10 GB of music on, although it is a little weird the way its made to upload the sonds. The other 20 GB of the hard drive are dedicated to storing map and nav data. Also you can upgrade the system by adding options such as bluetooth to work with your phone, a tv tuner, an ipod interface and lots of other crap which may or may not be useful to you. The avic-z1 also has voice recognition and as i said earlier lots of other crap. The eclipse may see a little better because of the price, it did to me and it still kinda does seem a better value or as good to the z1, but the z1 has many more features.

I got the z1 for $1700 even though its msrp is $2250, you can find it at many places for alot less than the msrp. The avn 6600 retails for about $2000 but i am sure you can find this alot cheaper too.

I still havent installed mine still gathering up all the stuff im gona need, its my first nav/stereo install in a car.

Sorry bout the essay that i just wrote, but i am very passionate towards this topic.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:32 AM
Hummer Veteran

Jake is off the scale

Get the kenwood G510 its made by Garmin and its absolutely amazing... it doesn't use a dvd rom... it comes pre loaded with all the software and can be updated via a sd memory card from the internet... it is 99% accurate and is the most complete system I have seen or used yet... I bought the G510 nav and a kenwood double din 6019 from ebay for $1200 best deal around... hands down go with it