H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 06-05-2007, 09:37 PM
Hummer Authority

marin8703 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CTIS, well kind of...

Im trying to work up my one cheap imitation of a CTIS. I know some of you have already done something of the sort. The way I want to do it is to mount a 3-5 gallon tank under the vehicle in the back, and controll it via a control panel inside the vehicle by the driver.

Now, the air line will not be directly linked to the tire valves as in a real CTIS, i cant do that. I was planning on just bringing it to each tire, rite next to it, that way you wont need to play with long hoses if only one acces point is used. This way if changing a flat or doing some emergency work or the trail or whatever, you just plug in the air tool and go at it.

I've got everything picked out and planned out except for one thing. All the stores carry generic length hoses. I need a hose and fittings that i can make to whatever length i need. And this is where I need your help. I cant find any. All i can find are set lengths, none that you can cut and make.

So if anyone knows how i can make my own custom length pressure air hoses please let me know where i can get them. I'd be very appreciative.

I have way too much free time now until work starts in a month or so, so i wanted to pick this lil project up. Its easily doable except for the damn hoses.

in advance thanks for any help that you can offer! have a great day averyone.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:00 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CTIS, well kind of...

Air lines for tractor trailers will work .
IMO I would just have one air suppy hose either in the back bumper or like I have under the doors near frame/ebrake cables.Maybe one on each side.The bracket and hole are already there.

You can see hose in pic you should be able to get it at a big rig suppier.
my brother works at fed ex on the big rigs and had some there.

Notice the change from a gromet with dental floss to a spark plug boot with a toilet chain.
Mine is a male fitting for the air hose if you use a air tank you will have to use a female fitting .

Name:  chain plug fitting.JPG
Views: 359
Size:  47.2 KB

Name:  comp side.JPG
Views: 336
Size:  43.0 KB

Name:  comp frame fitting comp.JPG
Views: 331
Size:  33.6 KB
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.

Last edited by fourfourto : 06-05-2007 at 10:09 PM.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:12 PM
Hummer Authority

yeah i will probably end up doing that. I was looking at your install before and thats where i got the idea. Mostly everything is gona be the same except the location and i will add a tank. I wish hummer would come out with an option somewhat like this. Its not a big deal but it would come in usefull from time to time. btw great job on your install.

oh and very nice with the covers, therwise the plugs will be useless after a day of driving. I'll probly copy you on the spark plug/toilet chain idea, or maybe the dental floss one. hope you dont mind.

Last edited by marin8703 : 06-06-2007 at 05:15 PM.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:21 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

sounds cool, good luck and let us know how it goes
Old 06-06-2007, 07:22 PM
Hummer Guru

Looking foward to your install,I might add a tank in the future.

You will need a big plug to go over a female connector .
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:06 PM
Hummer Professional

Crash ? is on a distinguished road

4... How's that working out the way you have it set up with no tank..?? Just curious if you think it'll cause any issues running the compressor into a closed line without a pressure relief.. Or maybe you do have a way to let it blow off excess..

I've left mine as a portable unit for now, but replaced the hoses.. I have a 3ft HEAVY lead hose followed by a 50ft coil and then a trigger to release air into the tire with a clip on chuck...

Basic line diagram
Compressor|male disco - female disco|leader hose|male disco - female disco|coil hose|female disco - male disco|trigger|clip on

Anytime the trigger isn't pulled or the entire air chuck is off the line with the compressor running it goes up to 125psi+ pretty dang quick.. Good way to burn things up if left running like that for any length of time I'd think...

Not sure if I wanna try and put maybe a very small tank in line with all that somewhere.. Just something to keep pressure from building up to much on the line when going from tire to tire without shutting the compressor down..
Old 06-07-2007, 06:06 PM
Hummer Guru

I have a male plug at the end ,that is covered with the boot.
If I turn on compressor the plug.. POPS off and it can run.
When hose is attached(the one that comes with masterflow) it has a female on the end of the hose and the valve side is disigned to bleed out unless mscrewed into the valve.

Psi will only be as high as you let it go when filling the tire.

With a tank there would be a female on the working end like at the beach or a repair shop.(I carry a coily one like that for the beach instead of using onboard air)Also you would need a regulator.

It works well the way I have it, its a couple minutes from 18 Psi to 35 Psi. per tire.
The beach hose (or if I added a tank at 120Psi)it would be about a minute per tire.

I usually get lazy and dont airdown for light/moderate trails.
I always airdown at the beach.It not like datona beach fla(you can drive a golf cart on the beach there ) Its soft deep thick sand on the south shore of long island.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:09 PM
Hummer Professional

SR1355 is on a distinguished road

You can make custom length hose with hose and fittings from Parker.

www.parker.com/hpd/literature/pdf/4281_b1.pdf

I have compressor mounted in rear passenger storage cubby and ran out to disconnect on bumper. I install pressure switch in system that shuts of compressor at 125#. I plan on installing 2 1/2 gal Viair tank to the passenger side of rear driveshalt, opposite gas tank...

Good luck...

Black Sheep Hummer Squadron
Old 06-07-2007, 08:16 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR1355
You can make custom length hose with hose and fittings from Parker.

www.parker.com/hpd/literature/pdf/4281_b1.pdf

I have compressor mounted in rear passenger storage cubby and ran out to disconnect on bumper. I install pressure switch in system that shuts of compressor at 125#. I plan on installing 2 1/2 gal Viair tank to the passenger side of rear driveshalt, opposite gas tank...

Good luck...

thanks for the link. thats exactly where im planning on putting my tank. rite across from the gas tank. im trying to figure out what the biggest i can fit in there without any cinflicts with other stuff.

will post as soon as i complete it. got most of the stuff, except for the air tank and some of teh fittings. Im doing this and a window automation install at the same time, so its gona take me a while and i hope i dont mess anything up.