H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 02-07-2007, 03:03 AM
Hummer Veteran

Cesardajr is on a distinguished road
Question What do you think of this engine performance upgrade?

I came across this website that does performance upgrades on hummers, do your think this would be a good set up? do you think the price sounds fair?
Check out the site
http://www.dynotech-eng.com/h2_6_liter.htm
37x12.50xR17 BFG Mud Terrain's
Ready Lift Front Leveling Kit 2 1/2"
Cognito Steering Support Kit
Cognito Idler Pivot Kit
Fabtech Steering Stabilizer
Fabtech Tie Rods
Power Slot Slotted Rotors
Crown Performance Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
Off Road Unlimited Black Diff Cover & RP Diff Fluid
Hypertech Power Programmer
True Flow Foam Air Filter
Old 02-07-2007, 03:28 AM
Hummer Veteran

robb is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What do you think of this engine performance upgrade?

I think its funny that you pay almost $6000 for the upgrades but they want to charge you $46.95 for a 160 degree thermostat!!!
Old 02-07-2007, 04:05 AM
Hummer Authority

tomp is an unknown quantity at this point

It's basically just a head upgrade, cam and come cleanup work with custom mapping. You'd be much better off springing for the supercharger for close to the same price.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:38 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

I agree with tomp you would be better off with Magnuson supercharger at 5 or 6 lbs. of boost which will not hurt a H2 at all. What they are offering is a really good air flow improvement but, you got to flow more air to really get the great benefit from the kit. It would help if You could go to ram air but, that is a completely new set of difficulties. What they offer is something I would do at some point after I added a supercharger to push more air and fuel to justify their kit. Play with a supercharger for a little while then go and have their kit done and run your boost from 5 or 6 lbs. up to about 15 plus lbs. of boost and see the screamer you will be strapped to. I suspect though You will for the money be happy with supercharger.

You can search and find suggestions I have made many times but, Dragon and I are running the stock 6.0L engine with supercharger at around 5 to 6 lbs. of boost along with some good tuning, good air intake, and header catback system with true dual exhaust, 160 degree T-Stat, electric fans from a 3/4 Gm truck and get around 550HP at the ground. This is with no internal mods and no tranny add-ons yet but, they are coming soon. Just aftermarket add-ons but, will improve a great deal more once i get my hands on it and do some real good tuning once Dragon is finished with the electronic upgrades. What he is doing is important to Our working to get as close to 1000HP to ground with no internal mods just stock except for add-ons. Will of course be adding water/methanol inj. and co2 spray to aftercooler as well as an old fashion ice bucket with fuel line running through it.

Lot's of tricks to get whatever a person is looking for but, requires dedicated study from leaders in performance industry or at least having good people in town that do not mind sharing info. If need be to get to the 1000HP We will most likely go with a ported LS6 set of heads, LS6 cam and some more compression pistons that have been introduced by Performance Products who made the Diablo programmer as well as many other niche type items.

Well You know the old saying anyone can go as fast as they want but, they just have to spend the money or know how to do it yourself.

Follow tomps advice i would say.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 02-07-2007, 04:58 PM
Hummer Professional

Boar-Ral is an unknown quantity at this point

What I found amusing was, "This performance package will increase power significantly, while still maintaining the OEM drivability and fuel mileage that you expect and still leave room for future performance enhancements at a later date."

What fuel mileage?
Old 02-08-2007, 02:30 AM
Hummer Authority

Boar-Ral
I love Your comment it is on the money. Not just what is the factory performance. Anytime You make a change to an engine that let's it breath better and which in turns requires more fuel or you run to lean and burn pistons's you will lose fuel economy. Guys if You are looking for more power and better MPG that is the Holy Grail. I have not been able to run the numbers on Our rig to even see that it is able to be done yet but, I will try.

Do not get me wrong the manufacture has ways to get power and MPG it is not to their benefit quite yet to spend the extra money but, if You do it the aftermarket way it is not likely You will gain MPG just due to the basics on how an engine functions. Small = MPG Big = bad MPG.
Make engine able to flow more air means more fuel, only way it can work or it is to lean and blows up and it hurts small engine MPG also.

It is why i have to look at running 120 octane, change to colder spark plugs, adding water/methanol inj. and cool down the supecharger aftercooler is because i'm forcing more air and more air needs more fuel and you have to mess with timing as well as all the other stuff so the engine does not detonate. I'm guessing but, when i get to that point for speed runs may run pure methanol by then also but, MPG will be -20 who knows. But, if You work with people who know what they are doing they can do as i'm doing and use tuning software that costs more but, i can store tunes for pump gas with supercharger to the most extreme and all i have to do is add water/methanol inj. or co2 spray on aftercooler and anywhere in between. I'm going to even see just how much i can down tune the H2 with software for travel on HWY. as supercharger has bypass valve so that if no boost is required it takes only about 1/3 of a HP to turn supercharger. Do not get on it runs like factory sort of maybe better. I'm going to play with it. But. as Roar-Ral I'm sure is thinking hey with the H2 You are starting in a hole to begin with. Do not get sucked into thinking there is a magic cure for poor MPG on large engine in a 8000lb. rig unless they add diesel or go to the 4-6-8 engine cutout on the H2. Those of Us with what we have now live with the 10 to 12 MPG unless someone comes up with a miracle.

Me i just want to see what the H2 can do when pushed hard if all the sponsors fall in line as they say they are. If not I will still most likely do it if I can get it together in time. Dragon and I have a few sponsors We are tied to this summer so will steal time from Us, then it will be free to just show for Motorsportsauthority/HUMMERcustoms and blow it up if we want.

Go to HPTUNERS.com and read what the tuning software did with just tuning on a stock car he has. When You see the pic I think the right front wheel is off the ground and he is running in the 10's. He did it to prove what good tuning can do for a stock vehicle and they have kits for laptops to go with any level you want to go to. With mine I'm having to add tuning with a full time wideband logger and 3 bar density that let's us run up to 30lbs. of boost so you fool the PCM into thinking it is getting the air and stuff the MAF would be telling it is but the MAF will not read the amount of air flow we pull through. It takes a little time to learn it but there is a great forum that the owners actually help monitor and answer questions. MSD liked the tuning enough that they made a deal to help them with Ford and Dodge tuning which MSD has patent on and asked them to put the new tune that will be or may be already in the Superchips programer because MSD bought superchips or owned them, they are a seperate division. HPTUNERS provides tuning for them. There has been questions as to what tuner anyone would buy. I know which hand held I would buy knowing about the laptop serious tuning i have been using and getting up dates almost faster than i can download them. HPTUNERS stays on top of business.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 02-08-2007, 02:32 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

TAZ!!!
Old 02-08-2007, 03:59 PM
Hummer Professional

Boar-Ral is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
It is why i have to look at running 120 octane, change to colder spark plugs, adding water/methanol inj. and cool down the supecharger aftercooler is because i'm forcing more air and more air needs more fuel and you have to mess with timing as well as all the other stuff so the engine does not detonate.
That is crazy! I didn't even realize that they made 120 octane fuel! That sounds like something you'd put in a supercar. You have a dream setup.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:46 PM
Hummer Professional

Humdingah is an unknown quantity at this point

Ummm...I thought anything over 110 octane was leaded? I'd love to find come 120 octane unleaded fuel...I could safely run 25 lbs. of boost on the turbo 'Busa and the Lightning.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:29 AM
Hummer Authority

Really just straight methanol race fuel. You can get custom formulated fuel if you want to pay. I really plan on not running that high of octane I hope just inj. straight methanol or water/methanol mix which ever works better in high daytime temps. The purpose is to cool everything down as much as possible so you do not detonate. 87 octane has more power in it than 100 something octane does. 87 is more volatile than 93 or higher. If all was perfect You would want to run 87 and try to tame it with right inj. mix, timing and just allot of other variables then as much boost as you can. It will just depend on when we start cranking it up a notch at a time during the year playing with the tune and asking Allen for help if we are able to get it ready to go. Plus getting Allen to make small enough pulley to get to boost I want.

If we can make it to the run Allen offered to go along which I will most gladly accept if it is possible. Just hoping to get it to 18 or 20 lbs. of boost for runs. What we set up at home will be base to have to take to run and build on due to temps., altitude, humidity and what ever other variables when you get there. It is a 2 or 3 day deal so you get tuning time and test runs. Same as pro drag racers they tune at ever track starting with a base model that maybe even stored from year before on that track and adjust it. So they show up as much as possible before the races to change tunes.
That is why i hope Allen will get to go and help me since he is use to tuning in the Texas heat. We will even have an old fashion ice bucket with coiled fuel line inside to add dry ice or what ever we feel we may need to cool fuel down even more. Water/meth inj. is choice to help cool air down so you hope you figure it out. Huge balancing act and could blow it up the first test day but, do not plan to push it that hard first year there so i can learn.

Since there is no class for an SUV unless they decide to do it we will run in open class which we have no chance of running 261 mph in a 1 mile trap I think a Toyota Celica set it in 05 maybe a Nissan. Yet as i was told by organizers i would be setting a speed that may draw others to come and try and beat our SUV which could lead to a class. We have a couple of magazines interested in meeting us there so who knows may start a new class the next year. It is still bragging rights to be the fastest 8000lb. SUV speed and time holder at The Texas Mile sanctioned by the same body that does Bonneville salt flat runs and there is another in North Carolina I think. Gives somebody else that wants to bring a full stock interior etc. vehicle with same weight, something to take a shot at and if i get to bring it back the next year hope somebody shows up to compete against. Really to costly of amount of fun but, what else would you want to do leave to the kids?

We are aloud to have pit crews and they do not allow pit passes so maybe some will get to come and help out or hang out as pit crew. I hope it all works out I have been thinking about this and planning it for a year now to do it this fall since we cannot make the early spring runs. Phone calls that kind of stuff trying to figure from them what they want to do with us.

The rest of the time it will be tuned with 10 lbs. and inj. mix and co2 spray set for WOT only just incase some fun shows up.

Dragon every so often has a car club or sometime just local gearheads do some driving on the strip and then go park in a big lot and let people stop and look as most of the rigs are ones that MSA is sponsoring so they show up to support the shop. So we have Dragon's Celica Gt & the H2 there. Then we have sponsors to take H2 to show for so it has to be many things.

Oh if anyone is interested in buying the hotest Celica GT You have ever seen with turbo the works Dragon is thinking of selling it and building something new. This car has so many trophies and just so much WOW it is a 3 head jerk when you walk by it at shows. We have seen people do it. You know the retake looks. I suggest if You would like a tuner in the family also, check this car out as it has been sponsored heavily. I think has been used in web shots and mags more stuff on it than i have ever seen and is classy hi tech no cheese look here. PM Dragon for pics. He completely redid the ride in 06 paint i think. It has no rear seat as it has huge 14" subs built in with more in rear trunk with all the amps, caps and carbon fiber hand laid everywhere. Wish I had more money I want it. Lambo doors and turbo I think I said already. Blue

Hope to add some spice to life and anyone else interested in seeing what an H2 can do! We know they are great off roaders, just a new type of challenge for H2. Thanks to all of those who PM me with support as well as those who do in forum also. I know I'm running on the other edge of what H2 was built for but, it just seems to draw me to see what it could do.

I forgot Dragon had a BUSA he sponsored that ran something over 220hp at the rear wheels and when I stopped keeping up he was just getting started maybe adding nitrous etc. so i do not know where he went with it.

TAZ

Last edited by HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ : 02-10-2007 at 06:34 AM.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:45 PM
Hummer Veteran

evomind2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boar-Ral
That is crazy! I didn't even realize that they made 120 octane fuel! That sounds like something you'd put in a supercar. You have a dream setup.

call it c-16.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:05 PM
Hummer Professional

obzidian is on a distinguished road

thats a basic heads/cam package with aftermarket dual beehive springs, pushrods, and ported tb/intake. Its expensive considering you can now get a set of the l92 heads, which fit our 6.0L 4.00" bore with no problem and your basically getting a ls7 type of head design to fit our 15* valve angle for under 300.00 a pair.

I have a 410ci motor in my camaro that turns 640rwhp on pump gas through a 6-speed. on a stock cubed, 346, my buddy and i have a heads/cam package that makes 500rwhp and 460rwhp through a 237/242 cam at 114lsa. This car idles great and with the mentioned HPtuners, we turn over 24mpg on the highway, about 18-19 mpg on the street, narrow-band tuned.

Those numbers on that site are crank hp, it would be difficult to make 435rwhp with an auto, unless you locked the converter on the dynojet, that is if the stock 4l60e trans can hold the power and had ONE HELL OF A TUNE AND a 90mm intake and every otherbolt-on available for this motor. Also, the trans is not a very strong... now the 4l80e, which i would of initially put into this rig, is stock rated at 750rwtrq. this trans (4l60e) is rated at 360ish rwtrq. anythig over stock, and your asking for it. (ask me how i know! )

The above mentioned heads, l92, can run you NEW from GM for about 200.00 a pair. A comp cam is about 399.00... ANY cam spec you wish. I would suggest some like a thunderracing cheatR cam, makes gobs of mid-range torque. Now, add the springs, pushrods, a port oil pump... anbd you should be anywhere under the 2500.00 dollar range. Porting a stock TB and intake will yield some more power but not enough... i would get a fast 90mm setup and really step it up.

Combine all of this with an aftermarket stall, like a yank 2500, (retains good towing ability) and you'll trap alot faster and get into the powerband easier without starting from the deadspot under 3k. I would suggest a good trans cooler, to get her temps down... and hope the trans stays together.

NOW, you could go supercharger, which is alot of fun really. Probably the first thing i would do.....but this is where you have some choices. You have the eaton/magnacharger. the (112) is a great blower but will run out of steam on top. They developed a newer blower, (122) which will now allow you to run a 90mm TB and make good power on top. Very noticeable. Than there is the whipple and my favorite, the KB. The Kenne Bell has a great blower that will make huge power over the magnacharger, its intercooled and has less parasitic loss (not much though) than the roots style blowers. (magnacharger)

Than there is the ATI procharger, centi. IT makes great power but its more linear and builds with rpm. You can get a D1sc and push over 20lbs... than you'll make great power. The ATI looks like a turbo, but runs of your accesories. So it has parasitic loss, but less than the roots. Also, you have the undergradeability to make HUGE power with a stock cubes, forged motor.

just some ideas... i have been in the lsx performance game for years now and basically, what we have in the H2 is a LS1 with a vortec intake and other misc. changes. Swap the intake, and you'll be hard pressed to tell the difference asethetically. You can have a built 408ci shortblock, for $3500-4k.. and that will make tons of power down low. Add a blower to that with a lower C.R. of 9.1:1 (est) and you should be able to get good power output of one of these motors. And if you get board, well, you can now have a lsx type of shortblock that can go as high as 480ci or and even 500ci SMALL BLOCK CHEVY.

MEth injection will help with a magnascharger, should be able to extend the limits of pump gas... but FWIW, i have seen 346ci ls1's make 900rwhp+ on pump gas at around 15psi or more.

Last edited by obzidian : 02-12-2007 at 11:21 PM.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:30 PM
Hummer Professional

TAZ:

do you have a dynosheet of your H2? I really dont want to start a war or anythn, and its shown that you do know your stuff, but i believe that 550hp is at the crank for at 6/8lbs, its would be hard stretched to produce that much power, with our AWD system, and a auto trans at that. I think that at the wheels, you would be close to 400rwhp than 500rwhp. These trucks have a really high drivetrain frictional loss percentage. I cannot confirm it but i beleive it is higher than 20%, much higher.

Also, i believe you might want to actually lower the cr to go higher boost level, these motors dont need like it for pump gas, that is, if your set on C16, than you can go a bit higher though your tune has to be DEAD ONE to avoid any boom-boom!! For pump, you should be fine to make as much power as you want. 1000rwhp is alot, especially through our drivetrain, and i also dont think that 112 blower is gonna cut it. AGAIN, PLEASE DONT TAKE THIS AS A PUNCH IN THE GUT, its just some observations i have made with what i've gathered with my own car(s).

HPtuners is a great tool and anyone looking at doing a handheld should reconsider and get a laptop pcm tuning/scanning tool. Like you mentioned, with a wideband, well, you can tune just about anything, add that 3bas SD tune capability, and your pretty much set for whatever you can through at these week trans!!

I would like to see more of an emphasize towards the performance aspect of an H2.. maybe we can all put our heads together and get one in the 10's hahaha now that would the day, wouldn't it?!
Old 02-13-2007, 02:19 AM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by evomind2
call it c-16.
Leaded (6%)...lots of 'Busa guys run it. Unless you're gutting or getting rid of cats and are going to use O2 eliminators you've got some issues. It'll ruin the cats and o2 sensors if used on a consistent basis.

Last edited by Humdingah : 02-13-2007 at 02:23 AM.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:40 AM
Hummer Professional

25lbs on the busa an lightning? hmmm.... got a kenne bell in that lightining? I know that busa is stupid fast, you got the stock gearing, swingarms...

"Hey, dat thing got a hemi?!"
Old 02-13-2007, 07:57 AM
Hummer Authority

Hey obzidian

Good to here your ideas I like them and would work great for 1/4 mile runners or good street drivable machines. No problem with questioning me. I try to share what my experience has been. On the loss from crank to wheels is considerably lower than what you think. Hummer engineers place it at about 10%. The drivetrain is allot more efficient than what i expected even as told by G-Tech people. I'm shooting to get to 1000rwhp do not know if I can get there. This motor is not being setup the way you or i would do it for 1/4 runs. I would go a different route although would still stay with roots SC. Have a company that has built a tranny like ours with 150 runs on track with 750 rwhp. Our tranny will hold up reconfigured a little with some chromed and hardened parts. I can add GM stuff to it from other rides like vette. The bonus is the 2005 tranny came out with the new 5 planetary sun cage and gears instead of the 4 gear. Plus from discussions HP is laid down a little more gentle than say a rear wheel drive lighter car who are going to fight the torque of lifting the left front end off the ground at take off. We have a 40/60 split on power especially on flat surface. I have had to sort of redirect some of my thinking on some of this stuff.

We do not have dyno that is AWD or even wide enough to do a single axle pass on anywhere close to us. One small dynojet for smaller tuner cars.
Anything big here has to use the new model of G-Tech that NASCAR teams have gone to junking the $10,000 units they had been using for G forces and other stuff. I had talks with G-Tech questioning my own numbers they said everytime trust the numbers. Instead of 5 runs and averaging as they said. I did 12 to really see if it could hold up after allot more runs. They were done half into the wind and half with the wind and it came up the average i got. So that is all i can give on that. The 550rwhp was made at about 7lbs. maybe little more or less as it is hard to pick up on the tenths on either side but, the new digital boost guage will record tenths. If I'm wrong when I get to the real tuning with wideband logger i will be the first to apologise as i never will back an untruth especially if i can prove myself wrong which i will try to do with the more accurate tuning etc. Remember as I had to be reminded several times that the HP is being laid down on 2 axles so the G-Tech is designed on using enertia etc. so it is just giving basicly same numbers maybe better than AWD dyno that has program that has to calculate the 2 drums and you need really an eddy brake on both drums to do justice to computer figures i learned quizzing. Even a 4x4 truck that has select does not get good dyno number with single axle. They would be better off running on a AWD dyno and be more acurate in 4x4. Then the GTech guy said really any 4x4 would be better off on a GTech unit because of the way it reads Hp, torque, and g force numbers to give braking distance times etc. because in case of H2 no spinning just launch. Seemed to make allot of sense after talking to them and several dyno makers.
I had not gotten a logger for wideband tuning yet but do now. I expect this summer to really be able to do it the way i have been waiting to do it and all tuning equip. is in hand now from sponsors to do it. I ran 400rwhp with the rig before i ever added the SC. It was a good tune but headers, cats, intake all that stuff were on. There are times you just pull a really good motor out of the factory as I have only once before in my life. I was impressed. Stock I shocked a few rice rockets.

The real tuning for what I'm going to do is going to be real time over about 7 to 8 month starting with more boost then later introduce the meth inj. etc. just slowly working it up till it feels uncomfortable, you know what i mean it is a gut thing along with tech stuff. The computer built for the rig onboard so that when rig starts the computer boots and HPTUNER goes into scan mode so I'm logging wideband all the time. Just so i can see how the motor acts all the time to normal driving with boost and WOT getting onto freeway. Just really studying it allot. No laptop with the H2. Plus the computer will do all the electronics for sound, nav, and other stuff. With logger i will be able to store a really good tune and come back to it and run it more. I'm looking forward to docs finally having me better by spring and getting out and devoting all the time to the machine.

I'm trying to make sponsors happy as to what they would like to see me do with their product including HPTUNERS and HUMMER to see what the stock motor will do. Many have taken it and done all the work to the lowend, look at LPE and because of warranty they tune down real bad. Per conversation with guy that has a set of heads for me that they only give to sponsored rides and do not sell. I have to wait but, really thinking later I would like to go with LS6 heads and cam with some porting also increasing the compression with a new set of pistons out by Street and Performance Products a local co. here who had out a tuner they established their company with before selling it to Comp. Cams in Memphis. They actually put on market a tuner for the new 2005 H2 about a month or so before anyone else because i happen to go by and see them to visit and asked if they had a tuner for the 2005. They said sure but, remembered hearing a change in program so the read my rig and told me it would be about 4 months they had to go write one. So they made one for me as a gift for helping them but, they made it a little more agressive and I ran it with 87 octane in perf. tune. Makes it run real good. They continue to sponsor me and want to have a set of their new piston design I think is in production this year or may have done it last year. I know they had some at SEMA 2005. They have sponsored me with their intake even though we ended up altering it and throttle body spacer that i run with SC right now. They gave me the new coil pac cover kit they introduced in 2005 SEMA for shows. It is sweet and hides all those ugly coil wires and stuff. Really cleans up engine nice.

I have to work with stock factory motor and see what i can get out of it. You are correct about stock tranny difficulties as well but in a mile trap run You are not running a drag race so the rig is not being setup that way. Not to say all the power is not available at WOT from off the line. I'm talking to the organizers as to what the method is to getting top end times. Is it WOT from the line. No I'm told, we get a rolling start so I have to focus tuning more differently. The nice thing is I can store all these tunes and flash which ever one I want when i work on that project but, still change pulley and mess with WOT runs from dead start. I'm facing that it is a brick with 4 wheels and a steering wheel. Tranny will have some adjustments like a few vette parts added and switched to mechnaical vacuum instead of computer controlled like it is factory. I told them the tranny had to be upgraded but, would use GM parts. When I'm done I will do other things in fact I would like to if i had my choice try to drop in a 572ci crate motor from GM then push it. Plus there are a couple of tranny builders that can take the tranny we have and make it take 750rwhp with minor changes and sell it for around $2850. With direction and planning, as i think you know with your knowledge, we can do anything if we can imagine it. The tranny guys tell me for same money can do 1000rwhp.

I've been planning the last year while rig had shows. This summer i get to have my hands on it all the time for first time. It has been Dragon upgrading electronics and this and that for shows for sponsors. Some people are on board for the beautiful and awesome tricking out of inside and outside of rig by Dragon but, people have come on later are interested in the mile trap run. So tranny plus running all syn. fluids and extra coolers the power will be applied more progressively. Once we get practice runs, I have an airfield way out in the country that will let us run, we practice get to the real deal and see about retuning it needs.

Please pass on any ideas. Think outside the 1/4 mile box as I have been forcing myself to do. Now I'm looking at topend and still trying to figure things out reading allot, research as well as talking to some who have done this all be it in a sleek small superpowered sports car. But, they are happy to share the therotical concept needed to try and do this.

I hope I have been able to shed some light on what has occured with this project. Still a long way to go but, have plenty of time to get it to the best I can till time to run. I'm running against myself basicly then hoping others may get in to get a class for SUV's.

TAZ
Old 02-13-2007, 11:22 PM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by obzidian
25lbs on the busa an lightning? hmmm.... got a kenne bell in that lightining? I know that busa is stupid fast, you got the stock gearing, swingarms...
11 lbs. on the 'Busa in Colorado...'bout 250 at the wheel. Stock wheelbase makes for a fun ride...full pipe and stock swingarm make it a 'sleeper' (at least as much as a 'Busa can be).

No KB in the L...just a ported Eaton and a 6 lb. lower, which made about 15-16 lbs. of boost and 425 at the wheel. Looking at the KB 2.6H or Whipple but I need a bottom-end for that thing first.

Was just trying to make a point that anything over about 102-104 octane's going to be leaded.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:00 AM
Hummer Authority

I do not know allot about Busa's other than having Dragon's shop boss own one. His was 220rwhp naturally aspirated. This guy is super mechanic so do not know what was done to it but, it had a completely hand polished frame. really sick ride and is supposed to be in a bike mag. I know that no one wanted to ride it and he would not let me and i was the one begging to ride it. He did not want me to kill myself.

Have ridden most of my early half of my life started off motocross 30-35 years ago when it was considered really a hobby before it became a money making deal. If it had been I would have stayed with it as good as I was, just as I was riding bulls on Sat. night for $100 if you won and after playing football on Fri. night for high school for free. You know regular old daredevil like most kids in late mid to late teens. I was the rebel and I did everything that no one wanted to do. Now they call it an adreline junkie. I just knew I was having fun. If someone would allow me to strap a rocket to my seat and launch me in space I would do it without thinking about it now. That is the hard part of dealing with one illness causing another causing another hopefully the third is last in succession so i can go back to doing things that i know I love. I hope all do not take you health for granted and get your checkups etc. i was told had i followed regular checkups my first illness would have been caught several years in advance and less harm done.

Anyway after the surgeon general health warning.

You may be able to enlighten me as to how he could make the HP at wheels and ride it everyday. I know the numbers were correct just do not know how he may have done it. This stuff interests me reguardless what machine it is if it something out of the ordinary. I guess i should have asked this Busa question someplace else but, it kept being discussed here. So sorry if i messed up.

I would have most likely wrecked his bike or killed myself. I was worried about bike he was worried about me. Good guy. He said he could build another bike but, had not learned how to rebuild a dead friend. I loved the look of those bikes and sometimes think about one even for a 50 year old worn out man just stock to cruise on. I do not care how old i get I still in my head feel like i'm 20 and should be doing all the things i Love to do like softball again. I could hardly wait to get on the 50 and over team as it traveled out of state twice a month for games as there are not enough of our age in Arkansas interested in playing ball.

I'm going back to skydiving once the docs get me straightend out i hope. if not i have told them i'm going to do what i want anyway after 3 years of all this crap. At least die happy doing the things you love.

But, please excuse me. I would be interested in ideas on how the 220hp could be reached with natural aspiration.
Thanks

TAZ