H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 08-14-2007, 09:16 AM
Hummer Veteran

flyin6 is on a distinguished road
Default 2WD/4WD transfer case???

I noticed a member here sucessfully mated a 5 speed manual to his H2.
Has anyone tried installing a transfer case with a 2WD selection? Doesn't such a thing exist in the 2500HD trucks?

Seems like that shouldn't be all that difficult of a swap, and the gas mileage improvement would be almost worth it.

I wonder why GM went full time only, seems like a poor decision to me...
01 SAS Supercharged Tundra
Old 08-15-2007, 08:54 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale
Default Re: 2WD/4WD transfer case???

Check the posts again one of them had a manual tranny and manual 2w and 4w selectable swap. He gave part numbers and parts cost. It allowed 2wd only selection and mentioned it improved MPG 50% I think he said.

I would like to do it for shows but, not gotten any replies to a few questions for feedback on the swap out. Dragon and I could figure it all out but, it is nice to have the imput from forum Buds that have done something new to a H2.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 08-15-2007, 10:39 AM
Hummer Veteran

flyin6 is on a distinguished road

Roger that,

I saw the post on the manual trans. I was wondering if anyone did the transfer case with at 2wd option in a 6.0 with the auto trans. I'd like to keep the trans, but switch out the transfer case.
Actually, I'd like to just scrap the whole gas motor/trans/transfer and go with a duramax.
01 SAS Supercharged Tundra
Old 08-16-2007, 09:18 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

It would seem to me that a transfer case should be available to match the auto tranny in the H2. It could require adjusting the driveshaft length and relocating some mounts. My theory is anything can be done it just takes money and the desire. If not trade engine, tranny, and T-case out of a 3/4 ton GM truck.

Main reason for going with the manual tranny is to stand up to the supercharged HP. The tail housing break on the auto's sometime. I understand this guy was breaking beefed up trannies but, I know where some have been built by a company that one of their trannies is running behind a 750HP at the wheels car and has over 150 passes down the track. So some know more tricks than others. Their tranny runs about $2850 exchanged.

Predator Motor Sports does the full diesel conv. but, real expensive. There are a couple who do it for allot less and I have so far not heard anything bad. The one I have visited with has been doing it for over 2 years now, I think it is. Last I talked it was around $15,000 maybe less $12,000 I forget for sure but, it was way way less than Predator. You also got the selectable transfer case.

Before I started to get real sick and had to back out of allot of the managing/idea man on the Hummer side with Dragon on HummerCustoms.com side. I had begun to make arraingements for diesel engines from up north country and the T-cases also. We were going to look at doing one for a customer at just pure cost of motor, tranny, and T-case. Once I get better I will most likely take the project back up again. I will not likely use the 6.6 but, not sure. Depends on what my contact will provide. Prices can vary depending on if equip. is new or extremely low miles like a few thousand and they were working out a warranty deal also. I'm sure it can be done for less than Hummer will charge but, then again they will most likely offer 100,000 mile warranty. So it could come down to each person willingness for trade off in dollars or all new parts

Well I'll see later but, as mentioned with vision, desire to ride the edge of the envelope, and spend some money almost anything can be done, Just like the 12" touchscreen in the center dash section of my show H2 and when done in 2005/2006 no one had been able to or just had not thought of the idea. It took money and several custom handmade dashs to make it happen along with bringing i a computer guy to build one that would take over control of all electronics in the H2 except few of basic stuff. We justed wanted to do something that we knew no else had tried. 10" screen was the largest at the time but, theirs could not run half the stuff our computer would run.

Well you know the saying, difference between men and boys is the price of their toys!

I think you could get something that would meet your personal criteria. Mine is to take stock 6.0 and see how much HP/Trq I can get with stock block, heads, cam, and crank just using power adders. Hummer has told me that I do not need to worry about the bottom end but, later may need top-end upgrades. I'll see.

Hope I got your mind wondering about what you would like to do. Oh, by the way my cousin bought a new 2005 Vette with the lower end power deal but, manual tranny. I had SC and all or most of my power adders on and I told him I thought I could give him a run for his money. He and I have always been great friends but, He as well as I have this way of pushing each others buttons and we messed with each other so we went out to old dam site road in mddle of nowhere. Ran 0 to 60 and I beat him. Jumped him bad out of the hole but, if it had been 0 to 100 he most likely could have caught me but, not sure as I had pedal left to use. I did not have methanol inj. on yet plus I was running just 6lbs. of boost. 4 wheel traction has it's bonuses. My cous is chomping at bit for me to get well so we can run again but, I have not told him I will be running 12lbs. of boost with methanol inj. etc. etc. the next. So I do not feel he will fair any better if not worse and I would be willing to do a 0 to 100 race if he had to have it. You can make most anything be or do what you want if the money and tech no how is at your finger tips.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 08-17-2007, 09:55 PM
Hummer Professional

obzidian is on a distinguished road

holf a sec... someone put a manual 5spd in a hummer?!

There is a company that makes a HD transfer case that is selectable as well. I cannot remember for the life of me but i saw their ad in an off road magazine.

I'll try to find the ad and number for ya. It all depends on the dementions of the new transfer case, but, atleast you would need to adjust your Driveshaft length, as taz mentioned. Also, he stated that anything can be done with the appropriate time and money... so if you really want a selectable transfercase like i do, than all you have to do is put your mind to it.

let me see if i can dig up that company number.... laterZ!
Old 11-16-2011, 06:04 AM
Elcova Newbie

D-Rawk is on a distinguished road

Hello everyone, I'm looking to do a t-case swap. Not sure why a 2wd/4wd selectable wasn't offered from the factory. I have a supercharged 04'. Six inches of lift and 37" tires and 20" wheels. Lots of extras and i would like to get better than 10 mpg. Any info is appreciated and thanks for your time.