H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 11-19-2002, 06:48 PM

h2fan is off the scale

orderd h2 on 10 /17 and called hummer today they said the h2 was built on 11/7 mind you i ordered the sunroof and wrap around brush guard which dealer said del time of 10 /12 weeks now the dealer says something about a price increase they told me if the h2 was ordered before 11/1 i would be ok is there a way for me to find out when my dealer put the order in and can he change the sticker from gm to read a higher price [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2002, 06:48 PM

h2fan is off the scale

orderd h2 on 10 /17 and called hummer today they said the h2 was built on 11/7 mind you i ordered the sunroof and wrap around brush guard which dealer said del time of 10 /12 weeks now the dealer says something about a price increase they told me if the h2 was ordered before 11/1 i would be ok is there a way for me to find out when my dealer put the order in and can he change the sticker from gm to read a higher price [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2002, 06:55 PM

Big Red 1 is off the scale

Ordered my H2 October 5th picked it up November 14th. Had the Lux pkg., sunroof, and wrap brush guard. I paid the amount agreed to on October 5th, and that is what was on sticker.
Old 11-19-2002, 07:42 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

You might see it by Xmas, if you're really good and eat all of your vegetables. Most likely, you have it mid-Jan.
Old 11-19-2002, 07:50 PM

mpetrich is off the scale

I am not sure if you are being tongue-in-cheek but if this person's H2 was built on 11/7 (completed) there is no reason in the world why it should not be at the dealer within a few weeks.
Old 11-19-2002, 08:45 PM

h2fan is off the scale

HUMMER SAID THEY STILL HAVE TO DO QUALITY CONTROLL AND THEN SET SHIP DATE WITH DEALER DO THEY INSTALL THE GRILL,ROOF LIGHTS & TAIL GAURDS AT DEALER OR IS IT READY TO GO I WAS THINKING BUY END OF NOV I SHOULD HAVE THAT SAME LOOK ON MY FACE AS THE REST OF YOU [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] CAN HARDLY WAIT [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2002, 10:54 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

What we need here is a resident dealer consultant, so he can tell us all these basic business data. I ordered my H2 on the same day it was built, received it 4 weeks later(Calif), but I have read here some got it 10-14 days after build date. I think Hummergirl in GA got it much fastest than Calif., even someone in LA got it faster than my 4 weeks.

h2fan, call your dealers, you guys in NY are usually not shy about speaking your mind in their face, spit and all. I'm on the phone with NYC everyday, everyone is meaner than me, I thought I was tough.
Why is everyone so affraid of their dealers? you are THE customer.
Old 11-20-2002, 02:28 AM
Hummer Professional

Hummie2 is an unknown quantity at this point

MAC...

I was told by a local dealer that a sold vehicle takes priority over a stock order vehicle. They keep alot of stock orders placed all the time and can substuitute a customer ordered vehicle for a stock order if hasn't been scheduled to be built yet. The stock order then goes to the end of the waiting list instead of the sold order. I don't know if this was dealer hype or if its true, but it might explain the difference in delivery time between dealers.

Don
Old 11-20-2002, 06:50 AM

Well, after talking to my dealer here in IL, he did mention that after the build, he has seen Hummer stop an entire shipment of H2's for a quality control check. The first he said was for the rubber stripping around the front window and now the second was for the front wiper motors. If the shipment is stopped, that will add some time to the delivery of the vehicles to the dealer. Of course, I am an eternal optimist and my H2 was finished being built on 11/18 and since I am in IL, why can't I get it by Thanksgiving.......
[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2002, 11:30 AM

KAC is off the scale

My truck's build date was 11/11/2002 and my dealer expects it by the end of November. His claim was that it would be shipped by 11/18 and it normally takes about 10 days in transit. The dealer is in Virginia Beach, VA. I know some get theirs quicker (5 days to Nebraska) but obviously it takes longer to get to some places.

I should know more by the end of next week.

Kim

KAC
Red Adv Series ordered 9/14/2002
Delivery expected by 11/30/2002
Old 11-20-2002, 02:44 PM

kelleymac2000 is off the scale

I ordered mine in June, before they were even delivering the first round, and got mine just a hair over four weeks later. Ordered June 15, delivered July 20, which was EARLIER than the dealer predicted.

Wait times vary by state, but also have to take into account freight times. Since someone here is in IL, you've got a shot at an earlier delivery than we do in CA, or VA (sorry Kim, but nice to see you here!) Since these rigs are freighted from Indiana, makes sense that midwestern dealers would see theirs first. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2002, 02:45 PM

h2fan is off the scale

just got back from the dealer he said he orderd my h2 on 11/17 and it should be built on 12/18 so i tell him its already built [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] so he says wow you know more then i do then he says i will let you know about the price increase on friday? i tell him we don't have to wait for friday because there is no increase if your order was in before 11/1. again another stuned look from the sales manager he tells me that i seem to know a lot about the hummer biz [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]he does not know about my brothers & sisters here so thanks everyone for all the info and i'll keep fighting over here [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] why can't the dealer just tell the truth [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2002, 03:44 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

My H2 build date was 8/28, 3 weeks later, I was told it is on a train in Indiana. That means it got on a train 3 weeks after build date. H2 actual delivery was 1 week later on 9/25. I know how you feel, if I could I would’ve called the dealer everyday to ask, but as a grown man I had to act cool and pretended I did not care.
h2fan, sounds like your dealer is in a total state of confusion, better get it straighten out fast, or spend a day to visit few other Hummer dealers. One day full time search is a small price to pay for many years of enjoyment, you have been given a second chance. Who knows, maybe there is an H2 sitting in a lot waiting for you. Destiny works in strange wonderful ways.
Old 11-20-2002, 04:19 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

MAC,
You probably, coincidentally, put in an order for an H2 that happened to match an already ordered vehicle. It is not possible to place or modify an order within 2 weeks of production. I've spoken at length with everyone possible at GM regarding this. It sounds like your dealer is giving you the "Ohhh, you're the most important customer" stroke job. I'm really happy that you got your H2 as quickly as you did. Mine is still at the dealership waiting for them to track down a faulty ABS code. At least I was able to sit in it and imagine the adventures I'll have.
Old 11-20-2002, 04:27 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

You are correct. I took an H2 dealer preordered but not sold. He looked at his computer and told me what he had coming, colors and equip and options, I picked one.
Old 11-20-2002, 04:37 PM

AL  MOORE is off the scale

h2fan,
I talked with my salesman this morning(Wednesday). He has 10 h2'S on the lot ready to go. If you make a deal, I can drive it to Georgia and meet you at the Atlanta airport Monday at 3pm. I waited 8 weeks for a skyroof and I am very glad I did. Just trying to help.

His Name is Michael Wallis 1.800.489.2070
Brandon MS

"Follow the white rabit" .........Matrix 1999
Old 11-20-2002, 05:24 PM

Well, guess what, MY H2 SHOWED UP TODAY!!!
It was built on 11/18 and delivered to my IL dealer this morning. I am going to pick it up tonight around 6:30pm CST. Very excited.....
[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2002, 05:41 PM

h2fan is off the scale

i already ordered my h2 and it is built. just waiting for quality controll i just don't want to pay the price increase if i don't have to dealer said 12 weeks for del but it has been only 4 [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2002, 07:05 PM

Beck is off the scale

As senior partner at the law firm of Cheat, Wrong and Defraud, LLC, I always advise my clients that it is absolutely okay to promise their clients anything verbally without witness, even with witness, it is okey, as long as they have a good lawyer like me. Cheat, wrong or defraud is perfectly legal, as long as you don't get caught. My advise is for them not to sign anything nor have any writing on paper or email. If they have to sign anything, it is my job to make sure the paperwork has a lot of holes in it for wiggle room down the road, and hope the counterpart is stupid or to cheap to hire a lawyer. When I buy a $60,000 vehicle, I made sure I have it in writing, I don't care it is written on toilet paper, but I must have a piece of paper.