H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 11-19-2002, 02:34 PM

SJ is off the scale

I was shocked to read in the San Jose Mercury that the H2 outsold the BMW X5, Cadillac Escalade, Lincoln Navigator, and Mercedes M-series in October - in Silicon Valley.

For those of you that have never been to Silicon Valley, that is a monumental accomplishment for GM. Reason being that most cars in the Bay Area are foreign nameplates and I always feel like a minority with my stable of all-American rides.

I'm happy for GM, but also a bit sad to see that the "yuppies" have now adopted the H2 as their mode of transportation.

The newspaper article praised the H2's virtues and didn't even so much as knock the gas mileage (though a Green group in Berkeley whined for a sentence or two).

Great article and there is a parallel article on their web site at http://www.bayarea.com/mld/mercurynews/4551718.htm
http://www.smiliegenerator.de/smiley...miley-9839.png
Old 11-19-2002, 02:34 PM

SJ is off the scale

I was shocked to read in the San Jose Mercury that the H2 outsold the BMW X5, Cadillac Escalade, Lincoln Navigator, and Mercedes M-series in October - in Silicon Valley.

For those of you that have never been to Silicon Valley, that is a monumental accomplishment for GM. Reason being that most cars in the Bay Area are foreign nameplates and I always feel like a minority with my stable of all-American rides.

I'm happy for GM, but also a bit sad to see that the "yuppies" have now adopted the H2 as their mode of transportation.

The newspaper article praised the H2's virtues and didn't even so much as knock the gas mileage (though a Green group in Berkeley whined for a sentence or two).

Great article and there is a parallel article on their web site at http://www.bayarea.com/mld/mercurynews/4551718.htm
Old 11-19-2002, 03:22 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

SJ, good read, thanks. I'm surprised too. Putnam Hummer sold 95 is on target with what I estimated 100, but to outsell X5, ML is hard to believe, they are everywhere; every morning drive to school I see 6-7 X5s and a dozen MLs, not to mention 5 brand new SLs, S500s are a dime a dozen, but there is only one H2. Yesterday on Burlingame Ave, I saw 3 X5s on the same block. H2 is very hard to spot, saw 4 in 2 months.

More reasons for all Yuppie-haters to seriously consider buying an H1. If you can afford an Hummer, chances are you are a Yuppie too, at least everyone else in a truck or cheap car think you are. The Yuppie-haters I've known are generally people who cannot afford to be Yuppies, sorry, SJ, you don't qualify as Yuppie-hater, you are too rich and too nice; gotta be poor and mean to hate Yuppies. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2002, 04:17 PM

SJ is off the scale

MAC:

The yuppie smack was a bit of self-acknowledgement. I do own one import - Jaguar, although Ford owns Jag so I like to think of it as an American car with British heritage and thoughtful UK assembly.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2002, 07:59 PM

TS is off the scale

Thanks for the post SJ. Hate to think of my H2 as a "status symbol", I purposely didnt get a G500 or a Range Rover because of the stigma associated with those. But, it is interesting to see who are buying them.
Old 11-19-2002, 08:50 PM

h2fan is off the scale

THEIR WAS THIS PARTY AT THIS CLUB IN N.Y.C. FOR SOME RAPPER NAMED JAY Z THERE WAS A BUNCH OF LIMOS & 6 YES 6 H2S VERY COOL AND ONE MODENA CALF PLATE THAT READS PMPN8EZ [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2002, 12:27 AM

HeeHaw is off the scale

That has got to be the ugliest thing I have ever seen. I mean just ugly!

We were waiting for the dealer to process the Hummer and I walked next door to the MB dealer and walked around on the lot. The only car that even interested me was the S500 or S600, but I asked about that "Ugly" thing and the salesman was funny. He said "you wouldn't like that, no one else does." He claimed MB made it for just the "Rich" that want a bigger SUV from MB and that is was not even worth half the $75,000.00 price tag. I couldn't believe he said that.

Hope no one here has one and I apoligize for offending anyone, don't want to do that, but I see them out here when I do to Beverly Hills or Gladstones for Fish on the beach.

Funny........Hee [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2002, 01:00 AM

Seth is off the scale

Great article SJ, thanks for bringing it. I'm sure there will always be a lot more H2's in the South Bay then there are in SF and the East Bay. Next time I am in Berkeley I will make sure I drive my H2 up and down Telegraph and Shadduck Ave. I'm sure that will make the Green Party very happy.