Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > Jeep Wrangler JK

Old 04-10-2008, 12:33 AM
Hummer Expert

Yetti is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Why is a JK Wrangler So Much Better

if you want a good laugh try driving past the Chrysler Proving grounds in Chelsea Michigan. take a look in the parking lot and see what people are driving. sure there are Jeeps, there are Dodge's & Chrysler's too. right in the middle is my H2. on the opposite side of the lot in another H2 thats almost a twin to mine. that Guy works for the "Suspension Lab", he's a buddy of mine. I work for the Impact Lab. we do offroad testing on the stuff to make sure the airbags don't fire because you hit a bump too hard. I used to drive "endurance" years ago and it was ok, but nothing like how we abuse stuff at Impact. if I could give more detail I would, but I'll keep my Hummer Thanks.
www.wegotmud.com
www.glfwda.org
Old 04-10-2008, 11:39 AM
Hummer Veteran

almostajeep is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindzebra
Um, i really wasn't trying to be a jerk when I said all trucks get stuck. However, about getting some life under my belt; I was a pro athlete for 6 years and I've wheeled more women, met more people you subsribe to magazines to read about, and seen more of the world, on somebody elses dime, than you will probably before you die. Young I am. That's a fact. Unexperienced? Please don't be another bitter midlife crisis.
Sorry youngster, your not even close, and thanks for the "Midlife" compliment(I'll take it). and Please don't use the Jeremiah Johnson movie line, "I've skinned more Grizz than you ever will". I'm not even going to go into where I've been & what Rice Paddy or jungle I've walked through, you don't have enough time in life yet.
Your just a Youngster, each day in life your add to your Empty Bag, don't worry, you'll get there, take your time.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:41 PM
Hummer Guru

wpage is on a distinguished road

Like its parent Daimer/Chrysler Jeep Wrangler is a dying breed. They have followed a flawed path of design and scale. Over time they will be eclipsed by other brands...
(John 3:16)
2006 H3 Slate Blue,Header,Jacked,CAI,Toyo35's,HHO.
Priors...
Explorer
Commander
71 Vette
You Name it!
Old 04-10-2008, 02:02 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpage
Like its parent Daimer/Chrysler Jeep Wrangler is a dying breed. They have followed a flawed path of design and scale. Over time they will be eclipsed by other brands...
Well now, I must agree again,.. looking at these pictures below, this is no way to build a JEEP & seeing how it gets so unstable with this outdated design. I feel IFS is a much better / safer design to ride on 3 wheels instead of four(4) when offroad, who needs Articulation in an H3 anyway(I see your point), the girls feel more safe..

This guy should be ashamed driving this outdated design. as can see they never changed that old crappy design from old to new..what were they thinking.

Now this is how the Pro's do it, the heck with all 4 on the ground when crawling. They like more of a challenge.[IMG][/IMG]

See how much fun this guy had with NO Articulation..He had a blast, and wants everyone to be able to see his IFS up close & personal.[IMG][/IMG]

So if I was DM/JEEP I would definitely change their Design..
Old 04-10-2008, 02:24 PM
Hummer Expert

RazM is an unknown quantity at this point

People who place so much importance on solid axles amuse me, but you'll be left in the dust anyway. Most in the field have already figured out that solid axle tech has reached a wall, and that independent suspension solutions are the only logical future.

Besides, it takes bigger balls to take an IFS rig on a trail, feeling every climb/descend is a great thrill, something you solid axle whores just don't get. Continue "floating" over those boulders, not much fun in never having your body roll an inch...

You'd probably cry if you took any HUMMER out on the trail, your Jeep has made you less of a man
Old 04-10-2008, 02:32 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazM
People who place so much importance on solid axles amuse me, but you'll be left in the dust anyway. Most in the field have already figured out that solid axle tech has reached a wall, and that independent suspension solutions are the only logical future.

Besides, it takes bigger balls to take an IFS rig on a trail, feeling every climb/descend is a great thrill, something you solid axle whores just don't get. Continue "floating" over those boulders, not much fun in never having your body roll an inch...

You'd probably cry if you took any HUMMER out on the trail, your Jeep has made you less of a man
Date of Birth:
December 1, 1981
WoW!...
Old 04-10-2008, 02:39 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostajeep
Date of Birth:
December 1, 1981
WoW!...

We're talking about a hobby in which a majority are between 18 - 35... and you're knocking people down because of their age? How retarded are you?

More and more it's clear, the only wheeling you do is when you do groceries at your local Wal-Mart. Typical trailer trash

I hear Wal-Mart has a 50% off special on Fixodent, better hurry on there!

Last edited by RazM : 04-10-2008 at 02:42 PM.
Old 04-10-2008, 02:52 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazM
We're talking about a hobby in which a majority are between 18 - 35... and you're knocking people down because of their age? How retarded are you?

More and more it's clear, the only wheeling you do is when you do groceries at your local Wal-Mart. Typical trailer trash

I hear Wal-Mart has a 50% off special on Fixodent, better hurry on there!

I truley understand why you feel this way.. Child, you will out grow the trash talk..
Old 04-10-2008, 02:56 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostajeep
I truley understand why you feel this way.. Child, you will out grow the trash talk..

Hurry now, you'll run into the lines at the express lane
Old 04-10-2008, 03:51 PM
Hummer Guru

If you like a 1930's design that just degenerated than stick with the Jeep. The original willy's design was a breakthrough from the mil spec. The early versions were not bad but lately backward...
Priors...
Explorer
Commander
71 Vette
You Name it!
Old 04-10-2008, 04:22 PM
Hummer Authority

RuggedH2 is on a distinguished road

This is a stupid argument.

Jeeps are good off road, and they can be made incredible off road. If wheeling the very hardest trails (rocks) is the test......solid axles are still the standard. There are reasons for this.

Compromise is true everywhere in life. If you want an incredible off road rig, you will sacrifice road drive ability. Death-wobble, cornering, center of gravity, lockers grabbing on pavement, etc. etc.

Hummers do what they do well right off the showroom floor. They can tackle 90+ percent of Moab's trails - stock. They can drive there and back and run the trails in comfort. It is still a matter of compromise.....if off road ability is paramount......the H1 will outperform the other Hummers, but will not be as comfortable as a daily driver.

I just spent a week wheeling with a modified JK. I took my truck on every trail and every line he did. He has some advantages, for instance he was able to see more than I can, and my rig is much heavier than his, but my H2 did everything his rig did, on some pretty difficult trails.

When it comes to the most difficult rock trails though, the solid axle still has the advantage......strength and articulation are the prime ones.

Neither of us had to tow our rigs down, but on the drive home....the Hummer out performed the Jeep in comfort, speed, hill climbing, passing, etc, etc.

We had a blast running the two different rigs together.

Old 04-10-2008, 05:09 PM
Hummer Authority

Also,

If I was going to go all out on a rock climbing 4x4.......why start with a Jeep at all? The Jeep also had to be built originally, for use on the road also.

I would skip the all the weight B.S. and get a tube buggy to tow with my H2.

This one was for sale recently for just over $20,000. The tube frame was welded by a welding instructor at a tech school and the vehicle has twice what he's asking for it invested in the parts.

I have no doubt that it will outperform most Jeeps for less money.

Name:  rock buggy.jpg
Views: 932
Size:  134.6 KB

Name:  rock buggy 1.jpg
Views: 975
Size:  284.5 KB

Old 04-10-2008, 06:30 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuggedH2
Also,

If I was going to go all out on a rock climbing 4x4.......why start with a Jeep at all? The Jeep also had to be built originally, for use on the road also.

I would skip the all the weight B.S. and get a tube buggy to tow with my H2.

This one was for sale recently for just over $20,000. The tube frame was welded by a welding instructor at a tech school and the vehicle has twice what he's asking for it invested in the parts.

I have no doubt that it will outperform most Jeeps for less money.

Attachment 47789

Attachment 47790

That is one cool machine for off road...
The balance between having the best of both worlds is where the distinctions get tough!

The JK wrangler fits a narrow application that is passe. It may be better for some really old nostalgic folks who are stuck in the past.

That tube machine is the other end of the spectrum. It wouldn't do much here in the muddy northeast!
Priors...
Explorer
Commander
71 Vette
You Name it!
Old 04-10-2008, 06:55 PM
Hummer Authority

Wpage,

The Unlimited JK is a good rig. It wheels very well and in my opinion has the ultimate wheelbase for Moab. My H2 was hanging a tire over soft cliff edges too many times for my taste. Wouldn't trade it though.

The JK is a solid rig all around. It wheels very well and can be made outstanding, it rides much better on the road than previous Wranglers. It is very serious competition for the H3.

It is not as luxurious or comfortable as the H3. It is not as refined on the road.

The H3 can come close to the off road ability, but IMO will not be able to match the Rubicon, all else being equal. The upcoming H3 front locker will help.....but in my opinion the articulation available with the Jeep will keep it ahead off road. Jeeps after-market is far larger and more diverse than the Hummers is also.

So what? Most people out there will never need all the ability that is already offered by either vehicle.

The Unlimited existed only as a Jeep lovers fantasy until the H3 came along, after the Unlimited Rubicon was built, Hummer added a cast iron front differential and locker to the H3.

The competition between these companies is very good for the consumers of both brands. I want them to build the H4 (the right way ).

For the record, many Jeepers have been surprised by what the Hummers can actually do......most have heard too much B.S........that they believe.

Last edited by RuggedH2 : 04-10-2008 at 06:57 PM.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:25 PM
Hummer Authority

Also, showing pics of either vehicle rolled, broken or pimped out proves nothing.

They all can be subjected to that.

Name:  JKGreenrollover005 (Medium).jpg
Views: 417
Size:  75.1 KB

Name:  Ooops, damn (Medium).jpg
Views: 401
Size:  128.8 KB

Old 04-10-2008, 07:45 PM
Hummer Authority

Here is a Rubicon with paper thin tires on big blingy wheels towing his off road rig.

That sh!t can happen to any decent vehicle......there is no limit to the stupidity out there.

Name:  SpringCreekMarch1076 (Medium).jpg
Views: 1037
Size:  120.4 KB

Old 04-10-2008, 07:51 PM
Hummer Expert

BigPoppa1411 is on a distinguished road

Imo who cares which vehicle can do what better than the other? I bought my H3 because I like how it looked, love how it rides and could afford it. I like the look of some Jeeps also, especially the really well moded ones. But I get sick and tired of hearing about how Jeep is better or Hummer is better. Its been that way with all kinds of Vechicle Manufacturers. Look at Ford is better than Chevy, or Bmw is better than Mercedes etc. etc.
I think if you like your ride and are proud of its capabilities than great, I just cant see wasting my time and energy being petty about which is better and why.

Its all about having fun on the trail and being safe that matters to me.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:15 PM
Hummer Authority

SnakeH2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPoppa1411
Imo who cares which vehicle can do what better than the other? I bought my H3 because I like how it looked, love how it rides and could afford it. I like the look of some Jeeps also, especially the really well moded ones. But I get sick and tired of hearing about how Jeep is better or Hummer is better. Its been that way with all kinds of Vechicle Manufacturers. Look at Ford is better than Chevy, or Bmw is better than Mercedes etc. etc.
I think if you like your ride and are proud of its capabilities than great, I just cant see wasting my time and energy being petty about which is better and why.

Its all about having fun on the trail and being safe that matters to me.

BMW...way better.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:26 PM
Hummer Guru

"My born agains are better than yours" David Koresh Jeep Lover!
Priors...
Explorer
Commander
71 Vette
You Name it!
Old 04-11-2008, 12:33 AM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeH2
BMW...way better.

Mercedes ANYDAY... oh no, here we go again. ?LOL
Give me a JEEP, H3, or FJ, they all Wheel great.