Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > General Off Topic

Old 10-12-2007, 03:37 PM
Hummer Guru

BlueTJCO has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default I have a serious question...

So...over the past few years our Country has really changed. The way others percieve us, the way our own people percieve America, and our relations with other countries.........

I've been semi interested in politics over the past couple of years but I still dont get head over heels in it. So here is my question to you older folks out there.

Has much changed (in terms of our relationship with Russia and other countries) or am I just getting older and more involved? It really seems to me that relations with our Allies are going down the **** hole and we are starting to isolate ourselves from some of the top dog governments such as Russia and China?

So a very simple question for some of you. Are things getting worse, or has it always been like this (power struggle and threats) and I'm just now starting to take notice and get more involved?
Old 10-12-2007, 03:55 PM
Hummer Professional

Hucky is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I have a serious question...

your coming of age where Time and Events are starting to mean more to you.

Things are getting worse, but that line is the same in every generation, We as humans dont always adapt to change and most people in America are Sheep, If one guy says the economy is in the ****ter, we all start to follow and pass the word along.

We have become a society of posessions, where people see value in a person based on what he owns, Thanks to Media and the exploitation of the Rich and access to theyre homes and rides, etc...

Nobody really puts values on Marriage, Family, Future etc... Thats all taken for granted.

The generations of immigrants coming into this country has really changed it alot for the worst, The outsourcing of america has really hurt us too, but americans want a deal regardless of the future impact, Americans are fat and lazy, they feel an entitlement to life, nobody wants to work for it, especially the baby boomers and they teach theyre children the same thing, why do you think the white kids of america today have no work ethic, Its not cause the mexicans are taking theyre job, its cause MTV and media told them that you cant have a paper route, you cant work at a restaurant, that would be lowering yourself, you need to start at the top, You have been at your job 2 days, you should be the president by now.

Something has to change in this country.

We are a country of Rich and Poor, no more middle class, only to be worse in the years to come. America needs to start manufacturing jobs here again, farming here again, Grow real food, Grow real animals.

The **** they put into livestock to grow faster and then we eat it, its not healthy by any means. The milk we drink, the veggies we eat, its all fabricated by means of stimulation.

Farmers helped built this country and we turn our backs on them saying, that we can get that in a pill form.

The medications that doctors throw at us, and we think its safe cause a doctor told us so, get a clue, its about profits for the RX companies and its about vactions and bonuses for the doctors for pushing them.

Wake up Citizens, take back America, it starts in your home.

Rant
Old 10-12-2007, 04:10 PM
Hummer Guru

Big Dad is an unknown quantity at this point

Russia and China...allies?

Old 10-12-2007, 04:16 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dad
Russia and China...allies?

Wow, thanks for such wonderful insight
Old 10-12-2007, 04:18 PM
Hummer Guru

Are you serious about Russia and China being allies of the U.S.?

Old 10-12-2007, 04:22 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:

Oh please Mr. ****ing has something to say but wont/cant/doesn't just come out and ****ing say it?

what? what do you have to say that isn't just some one sentence crap line to try to call someone out on something they already admitted to not knowing much about... ....

Do you want to explain to me what your getting at, why your getting at it, and then we can continue to chat and I can continue to learn?
Old 10-12-2007, 04:22 PM
Hummer Guru

wpage is on a distinguished road

Russia and China are fair weather friends...
(John 3:16)
2006 H3 Slate Blue,Header,Jacked,CAI,Toyo35's,HHO.
Priors...
Explorer
Commander
71 Vette
You Name it!
Old 10-12-2007, 04:24 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:

China, Russia, and the US have United against many things and on many subjects..........

hence why I'm asking if our relations with them have always been this strained, or if this is getting worse and worse by the moment........
Old 10-12-2007, 04:25 PM
Hummer Professional

Hucky is on a distinguished road

I thought this was going to be one of those serious threads, not a lame fighting thread.

Purses flying
Old 10-12-2007, 04:27 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hucky
I thought this was going to be one of those serious threads, not a lame fighting thread.

Purses flying

Hucky.........

It's not a lame fighting thread, hence why I asked Big Dad to lay it out on the line for me to read. I dont want to sit here and read into what others might be thinking, I want to discuss and learn from others that know WTF they are talking about.....

but really........when had Elcova ever had a serious thread that doesn't get HiJacked by some AE or someone else and turned into a large puddle of ****?
Old 10-12-2007, 04:43 PM
Hummer Guru

Sorry...I was surprised to read the ally hypothesis...I'm only 18 years older...but never recall either country being an ally. I think you pose some valid questions. But I think there is too much rhetoric mixed in the first reply. Everything is dynamic, in my opinion, things were worse and seem to be getting better. 20 years in the military with resources on alert (finger on the button) might have clouded my vision. Those days are over...the state of the military isn't as on the edge as it used to be. There is a war, but the threat has changed. I was just surprised to read that someone thought that (prima facie) communist country's were allies. I wanted to make sure that you weren't hinting at rhetoric yourself. Didn't mean to pi$$ you off.

Old 10-12-2007, 04:44 PM
Hummer Messiah

CO Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncricket
but really........when had Elcova ever had a serious thread that doesn't get HiJacked by some AE or someone else and turned into a large puddle of ****?

I agree. I'm so sick of unrelated subject matter entering into a serious discussion.
Attached Images

Old 10-12-2007, 04:45 PM
Hummer Guru

Easy killer...I'm trying to drink my morning cup of coffee here...I got to sleep in. I was being serious. It's my day off.

Old 10-12-2007, 04:46 PM
Hummer Guru

Here comes breakfast...again

Old 10-12-2007, 04:48 PM
Hummer Authority

GLBLWARMR is an unknown quantity at this point

There is quite a bit to look at with the question you posed. The first thing is since the end of the Cold War Russia has been trying to get back in the International Community. That country is totally screwed right now by this I am talking about economics, and military strength. The country is still extremely poor and they are trying to pull some of the same sh*t our good friend (not really) Kim Jong Ill (North Korea) has been pulling for years. KJI likes to rattle his saber to try and get concessions for the World Stage. Everytime he comes out and threatens the world with doing something stupid, we have discussions with him and provide some sort of help to that country. Well North Korea is totally screwed right now with all the weather issues and KJI knows that and is begging for help from the international community. Well Russia sees what we (International Community) gives to North Korea and so they are trying to do the same thing. Our relations with Russia really hasn't changed all that much since the end of the Cold War. We still talk and discuss things but Russia will back who they think they can get the most from and right now that is China.

Now China is another story. The issues with China right now is the struggle for Global influence. China and the United States are in a struggle for influence throughout the Globe. Both countries are trying to install their beliefs and influences throughout the world in order to win over valuable countries. By influencing these countries each country we can use them to push bordering countries to follow or align with what that country is doing.

There are many more issues that this but at the Macro level this is just a start.
2013 Victory Cross Country
2006 Suzuki Hayabusa
Old 10-12-2007, 04:50 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLBLWARMR
Well Russia sees what we (International Community) gives to North Korea and so they are trying to do the same thing. Our relations with Russia really hasn't changed all that much since the end of the Cold War. We still talk and discuss things but Russia will back who they think they can get the most from and right now that is China.

Now China is another story. The issues with China right now is the struggle for Global influence. China and the United States are in a struggle for influence throughout the Globe. Both countries are trying to install their beliefs and influences throughout the world in order to win over valuable countries. By influencing these countries each country we can use them to push bordering countries to follow or align with what that country is doing.

There are many more issues that this but at the Macro level this is just a start.

Old 10-12-2007, 04:54 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Easy killer...I'm trying to drink my morning cup of coffee here...I got to sleep in. I was being serious. It's my day off.

I know you were being serious.....so was I. I'm not looking to play games or try to answer someone else's question on a subject matter I obviously know much less about then many here. Just looking for a start, a simple answer and explanation from others who consider themselves "experts" when it comes to this subject.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:55 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO Hummer
I agree. I'm so sick of unrelated subject matter entering into a serious discussion.

What are you agreeing with me about? I'm not sick of it at all. It's kinda like wiping my ass after I take a turd. It just comes with the territory

speaking of asses..............
Old 10-12-2007, 04:56 PM
Hummer Guru

Agreed...and don't forget that the rhetoric seems to focus on the fact that "China's GDP is growing at leaps and bounds" but when compared to that of the U.S. it's not really. China lacks so much of a badly needed "real" infastructure in order to evolve.

Old 10-12-2007, 05:02 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncricket
Oh please Mr. ****ing has something to say but wont/cant/doesn't just come out and ****ing say it?

what? what do you have to say that isn't just some one sentence crap line to try to call someone out on something they already admitted to not knowing much about... ....

Do you want to explain to me what your getting at, why your getting at it, and then we can continue to chat and I can continue to learn?

"Easy killer...I'm trying to drink my morning cup of coffee here...I got to sleep in. I was being serious. It's my day off."