H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 01-04-2008, 02:02 AM
Elcova Rookie

jimval is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up I Hate General Motors. (I'm a big whiner!!!)

24,325 miles. Yup that's the mileage on my 2006 H3. The same mileage that the engine light came on and my dealer told me I need to have the head replaced. This is on top of the list of problems below that I have had so far.

12. ???????
11. Head no good (not fixed yet)
10. 4-wheel drive high lock button stuck in
9. Amplifier replaced because of static noise
8. Radio replaced (2nd time) because of static noise
7. Plastic pillar trim cracked
6. Jack replaced recall
5. Battery died around 12,000 miles
4. Radio software reinstalled because they didn't do it right when replacing the radio
3. Radio replaced (1st time) because CD's stuck inside
2. Windshield washer pump replaced recall
1. Transfer Case not filled with additional fluid before delivery. Only found out about it myself on this website. Did the fill myself only to discover that it took almost a quart just to get it up to the plug level. Then added the extra fluid.

For the life of me I couldn't understand why the low tire pressure sensors couldn't tell me which tire was low. When I asked at the dealer why I needed to reprogram them when I rotated the tires he said, because the computer knows and if we need to replace a bad sensor it will tell us which one. Isn't this nice? They store the info but can't tell the end user the information. It will be a cold day in hell before I reprogram ANY low tire pressure sensor on this vehicle.

Also inquired as to why my $800 Monsoon stereo system constantly tells me "No info available" regarding radio station name and song. They told me I don't have the upgraded radio. Is this a joke? They actually program the radio to tell me it can't do something. My 2002 S-10 pickup radio tells me all the time but an $800 radio can't? This is the type of crap that will forever keep GM from going anywhere but down.

The dealer knows me on a first name basis. When they told me the head needed to be replaced I went off on them about GM quality. I told them that GM knows about this and they are doing nothing. I asked what if someone comes in at 55,000 miles needing a new head? Guess what I got for an answer? Dealers answer: "I hope he has an extended warranty". Unbelievable. In a way I am relieved to get the problem under warranty but I feel sorry for everyone who ends up having the problem down the road after the warranty expires. GM couldn't care less about it's customers. Seems that with Toyota ready to overtake them, they ought to take care of the loyal ones they have; before they have none at all.

I remember when Mercedes came out with their small SUV and it was reported that they had a potential to tip over. Mercedes recalled every single one of them, FIXED THE PROBLEM, and we never heard about the problem again. GM has this head problem and where is Robert Lutz? Off somewhere touting that GM quality is vastly improved and right up there with everything else. This guy must be smoking some really powerful stuff. GM has handled this matter pathetically. They still don't get it and their INACTION speaks louder than any quality crap they shove across the table. Wake up Lutz and smell the coffee. GM is history. I should have bought a Honda or Toyota.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:26 AM
Hummer Guru

Sewie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I Hate General Motors.

Name:  wahmbulance2.jpg
Views: 730
Size:  69.7 KB

Old 01-04-2008, 03:26 AM
Elcova Rookie

Sewie,
You fit the mold of the typical GM dealer who can't smell the coffee.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:26 AM
Hummer Authority

HummerHippy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimval
24,325 miles. Yup that's the mileage on my 2006 H3. The same mileage that the engine light came on and my dealer told me I need to have the head replaced. This is on top of the list of problems below that I have had so far.

12. ???????
6. Jack replaced recall
4. Radio software reinstalled because they didn't do it right when replacing the radio
1. Transfer Case not filled with additional fluid before delivery. Only found out about it myself on this website. Did the fill myself only to discover that it took almost a quart just to get it up to the plug level. Then added the extra fluid.

sorry about the issues you are having.
1) heard about a few early builds that had a transfer case fluid issue. Yup, getting the kinks out on the new model.
2) Yup, recall.
3) SOunds like bad radio.
4)? bad service dept?
5) mine dies around that time cuz it sat on the lot for 9 months before being sold. Mine replaced no charge. I new it might happen on mine cuz I knew it sat for a long while.
6) yup, recall.
7) I heard about this. not sure if its wide spread issue.
8 & 9) Im thinking you have a wiring issue, ground issue and thats where the static comes from.
10) no idea
11) Yup, again, a few early builds have this issue. I have 30K on mine and am waiting for the head to go.

I didnt buy the truck thinking it had the best build quality, I bought it cuz I thought it fit all my needs and looked great.

Im not saying you dont have a case, these all added together are a pain in the ass. Is GM at least, standing up and taken care of the issues as they come up? I hope so.

Sure, you could of bought an FJ, 4Runner, Pilot, Element, but none of em look as cool as the H3 imho.

Gone: 2006 Red H3, Aventure Pkg, 5 Speed, Monsoon, Brush Guard, Rubber Foor mats, Trailer package, Chrome Fuel door, Engine Block Heater.

"You?re making the choices about whether you want to drive a little extra more or not drive extra more."
29-Jul-2008
Old 01-04-2008, 03:37 AM
Hummer Professional

HumbleAg is off the scale

Sounds like you picked the wrong day to quit smoking.

Seriously, at least make your arguments consistant. You list two recalls in your "problems" statement, then praise Mercedes for performing a recall. Would it be better if you had a jack that didn't work and your washer pump failed?

If the head was a bigger problem, you can bet GM would do something.

Just a couple of other points:

1) RDS isn't available on the radio, the "no info" is the correct response.
2) The tire pressure sensors don't care where they are, there isn't any reason to reprogram them unless you rotate in the spare (the system can only read 4 tires at a time).

Sounds like your dealer isn't doing such a good job of taking care of you or giving you good info. While that does reflect poorly on GM, it doesn't seem quite fair to blame the manufacturer for dealer issues.

While my second H3 has been trouble free, the first one had the recalls, a bad battery (which caused the radio to eat CD's), so radio replaced, reprogrammed later because it was too loud (dealer issue), A-pillar trim replaced (under warranty because of cracking). I'd say they learned quite a bit since my 2007 hasn't had any of these issues (or anything else). I'm glad I didn't buy a Honda or Toyota.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:39 AM
Elcova Rookie

'these all added together are a pain in the ass.'

You hit the nail right on the head. It's a pain in the ass and I'm tired of constantly going back to the dealer to get something fixed but the head issue is a big one. Generally the dealer fixes things everytime (except for the software issue) and the poor quality is the direct responsibilty of GM the corporation.

No doubt the H3 is very cool but there is a point where one decides it's just not worth all the hassle.

Most people that have Hummers don't have a Hummer dealer right next door to them. The dealers are far and few between.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:48 AM
Elcova Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumbleAg
Sounds like you picked the wrong day to quit smoking.

Seriously, at least make your arguments consistant. You list two recalls in your "problems" statement, then praise Mercedes for performing a recall. Would it be better if you had a jack that didn't work and your washer pump failed?

If the head was a bigger problem, you can bet GM would do something.

Just a couple of other points:

1) RDS isn't available on the radio, the "no info" is the correct response.
2) The tire pressure sensors don't care where they are, there isn't any reason to reprogram them unless you rotate in the spare (the system can only read 4 tires at a time).

My argument is consistant. When Mercedes had a serious problem they recalled it. GM does the recall for the cheap stuff and ignores the serious issues. Recalls are not bad they are included because the list of times going back to the dealer is getting long and is starting to get annoying. Comprende? If GM cared about it's customers why not warranty the head for everyone more than 50k/4years? If the problem is not extensive as you say, it won't cost GM much. If the problem is extensive it is going to cost GM much more in customers NOT to extend the warranty. My dealer says the problem is more widespread than people know.

The owners manual states that you must reprogram when rotating the tires.

The dealer that services our Hummer is not the one we bought it from and not the one that failed to fill the Transfer case with the extra fluid.

Last edited by jimval : 01-04-2008 at 03:52 AM.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:54 AM
Hummer Authority

kacyk is off the scale

We're on our 4th Hummer and 7th GM product. I agree they aren't perfect but I have owned numerous high end BMW's, Mercedes, Land Rovers and even Volvo's that tipped the scaled on poor reliability.

In fact, in my experience the GM's that I've owned (H2, H3, Denali, Escalade, Bravada) have been relatively trouble free. The Ford products I've owned have been the worst.

Say, enjoy your ride. I don't see you complaining about the envious looks you get...
2006 Black H3 LUX + Off Road (Sold)
2003 Yellow H2 LUX (Sold)
2003 Pewter H2 Adventure (Sold)
Old 01-04-2008, 03:56 AM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
GM couldn't care less about it's customers.

Only the whiney ones.

Old 01-04-2008, 04:00 AM
Elcova Rookie

LOL Companies that don't acknowledge their quality issues can't fix them. Let's come back in 5 years and see where GM is.

Last edited by jimval : 01-04-2008 at 04:03 AM.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:06 AM
Hummer Professional

lennyrebel is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

12. ???????
6. Jack replaced recall

For the life of me I couldn't understand why the low tire pressure sensors couldn't tell me which tire was low. When I asked at the dealer why I needed to reprogram them when I rotated the tires he said, because the computer knows and if we need to replace a bad sensor it will tell us which one. Isn't this nice? They store the info but can't tell the end user the information. It will be a cold day in hell before I reprogram ANY low tire pressure sensor on this vehicle.

Also inquired as to why my $800 Monsoon stereo system constantly tells me "No info available" regarding radio station name and song. They told me I don't have the upgraded radio. Is this a joke? They actually program the radio to tell me it can't do something. My 2002 S-10 pickup radio tells me all the time but an $800 radio can't? This is the type of crap that will forever keep GM from going anywhere but down.

The dealer knows me on a first name basis. When they told me the head needed to be replaced I went off on them about GM quality. I told them that GM knows about this and they are doing nothing. I asked what if someone comes in at 55,000 miles needing a new head? Guess what I got for an answer? Dealers answer: "I hope he has an extended warranty". Unbelievable. In a way I am relieved to get the problem under warranty but I feel sorry for everyone who ends up having the problem down the road after the warranty expires. GM couldn't care less about it's customers. Seems that with Toyota ready to overtake them, they ought to take care of the loyal ones they have; before they have none at all.

I remember when Mercedes came out with their small SUV and it was reported that they had a potential to tip over. Mercedes recalled every single one of them, FIXED THE PROBLEM, and we never heard about the problem again. GM has this head problem and where is Robert Lutz? Off somewhere touting that GM quality is vastly improved and right up there with everything else. This guy must be smoking some really powerful stuff. GM has handled this matter pathetically. They still don't get it and their INACTION speaks louder than any quality crap they shove across the table. Wake up Lutz and smell the coffee. GM is history. I should have bought a Honda or Toyota.
Some things sound like owner inflicted to me--I've had the last 12 vehicles I bought came from G M and I rarely had to contact dealer about anything, Sounds like your pretty abusive to everything
Old 01-04-2008, 04:08 AM
Hummer Professional

Quote:

LOL Companies that don't acknowledge their quality issues can't fix them. Let's come back in 5 years and see where GM is.

As much as I hate to keep this going, have you noticed that GM has extended the warranty on all of their vehicles? If we come back in 5 years, an H3 purchased tomorrow will still be in warranty (provided miles are less than 100k). Too bad they don't care.

But, if the quality is as bad as you say, this should bankrupt them and in five years we'll all be speaking Japanese. It can't be that tough of a language to learn, when I was in Toyko there were little kids speaking it.

Old 01-04-2008, 04:14 AM
Elcova Rookie

If the quality is as good as YOU say, then why have GM's sales numbers stagnated while some other manufacturers have increased?

Please explain.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:16 AM
Hummer Veteran

algy is on a distinguished road

Suck it Up! With this truck, you should be getting laid like the rest of us!

12. NO ISSUE ???????
11. NO ISSUE Head no good (not fixed yet)
10. NO ISSUE 4-wheel drive high lock button stuck in
9. NO ISSUE Amplifier replaced because of static noise
8. NO ISSUE Radio replaced (2nd time) because of static noise
7. YES - WILL ADDRESS Plastic pillar trim cracked with dealer
6. YES - Who uses these anyways? Get a High Jack - Jack replaced recall
5. YES - Got a OPTIMUM RED TOP - Battery died around 12,000 miles
4. NO ISSUE - Radio software reinstalled because they didn't do it right when replacing the radio
3. NO ISSUE - Radio replaced (1st time) because CD's stuck inside
2. YES - FIXED NOW - Windshield washer pump replaced recall
1. NO ISSUE - Transfer Case not filled with additional fluid before delivery. Only found out about it myself on this website. Did the fill myself only to discover that it took almost a quart just to get it up to the plug level. Then added the extra fluid.

Bottom line, my H3 has gotten me through 15" snow, I've pulled 7 cars out of ditches, and slathered my way through boggs of mud to reach my destination.

Sounds like you needed the comforts of a 4Runner.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:23 AM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
If the quality is as good as YOU say, then why have GM's sales numbers stagnated while some other manufacturers have increased?

Please explain.

Inconsistent argument again. If they extend the warranty, then they must be confident of the quality, from one of your previous rantings:

"If GM cared about it's customers why not warranty the head for everyone more than 50k/4years? If the problem is not extensive as you say, it won't cost GM much. If the problem is extensive it is going to cost GM much more in customers NOT to extend the warranty."

And another priceless quote:

"They still don't get it and their INACTION speaks louder than any quality crap they shove across the table."

5yr/100k mile warranty is inaction?

Just move on, I don't think you'll find any sympathy here.

Thank you for the mild amusement.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:24 AM
Elcova Rookie

Wow this is funny!

If you want to look cool and get laid, buy a Hummer. (You will look cool even if it won't take you where you want to go when you want to go but you still could get laid in it if it doesn't run).

If you are smart enough to get laid on your own, buy something else.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:37 AM
Hummer Guru

Big Dad is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerHippy
sorry about the issues you are having.
1) heard about a few early builds that had a transfer case fluid issue. Yup, getting the kinks out on the new model.
2) Yup, recall.
3) SOunds like bad radio.
4)? bad service dept?
5) mine dies around that time cuz it sat on the lot for 9 months before being sold. Mine replaced no charge. I new it might happen on mine cuz I knew it sat for a long while.
6) yup, recall.
7) I heard about this. not sure if its wide spread issue.
8 & 9) Im thinking you have a wiring issue, ground issue and thats where the static comes from.
10) no idea
11) Yup, again, a few early builds have this issue. I have 30K on mine and am waiting for the head to go.

I didnt buy the truck thinking it had the best build quality, I bought it cuz I thought it fit all my needs and looked great.

Im not saying you dont have a case, these all added together are a pain in the ass. Is GM at least, standing up and taken care of the issues as they come up? I hope so.

Sure, you could of bought an FJ, 4Runner, Pilot, Element, but none of em look as cool as the H3 imho.

Ditto.

Old 01-04-2008, 05:43 AM
Hummer Guru

Location: In a FREE U.S.A. where Marxism, Socialism & Communism is not allowed !
RubHer Yellow Ducky is an unknown quantity at this point

seems to me a lot of problems also...now the recall issue, well they are acknowledging the problem and fixing it...

i have 2 H-3's and have had a few problems but not anywear near what you have had...
Old 01-04-2008, 07:02 AM
Hummer Veteran

Allen Beggs is on a distinguished road

I had a 2003 H2. Bought it November 2002. One of the first in the city. 400 miles my front diff cracked in half. The result was because the during the casting process the diff was not cooled properly therefore making the diff crack (thats what they say). I had to pay 200.00 for towing. NOT COVERED or Reimbursed. Got the truck fixed in 2 weeks.

After that and 85,000 hard miles (offroading, going to Katrina from L.A.) numerous hummer events - over 30) My H2 was awsome!!!

Now I bought the H3 Alpha. 1700 miles. No problems.

There is such thing as a lemon. You probally should have documented your problems and spoke to a local attorney. A couple of phone calls to the GSM of the dealer by the attorney OR a call to Hummer North America seems to work wonders. That would be my suggestion.

When you bring in Hummer of N.A; things seem to get fixed quickley and correctly. Who knows, maybe this isn't the first complaint about your local dealer.

Allen

2008 Red Alpha H3 w/ Nav/Back up Camera/ Offroad Package/Rocker Bars/ Underbody Protection Kit/ Locking Rear Diff/16X10 American Racing Rims/33" Yokahama MT's
Old 01-04-2008, 07:24 AM
Hummer Professional

lennyrebel is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

12. ???????
6. Jack replaced recall

I wish you would buy something else--G M customers like you that whine give the Corporation a bad name unjustifiably. You bought bottom of the line and probably think you have an H2 or H1. You or your kids can't abuse stuff such as jamming C Ds in slot and blame G M.How big was trailer you were towing up hill when you frigged up head. Go somewhere else with your whinning --there are no babysitters here to hold mama boys hand. I THINK YOUR A TROLL if not your just to miserable to stay here, GO AWAY