H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 08-10-2005, 07:24 PM
Hummer Veteran

Kaz is off the scale

Here is a little story, about a couple and their 2003 H2 and the damage done by Sacramento Hummer technician, and the Service Manager who yells and calls the owners "liars"..(He had issues because we did not buy it from them. The damage to our door is $1000 worth of beautiful to the metal scratches..The scream match between the Service Director and the owners was "priceless". Even more important is that the OWNER, Cindy Daugherty, said she is "perfect" and her dealership is also, and she refused to do anything..prove us wrong, compromise or just say SORRY..yet, she focused on the nasty exchange of words and the upset customers. After all she said the H2 was worth nothing...She had no idea why we would be upset..So, our first Hummer, last trip to Sac. Hummer and if GM does not step in so we dont have to be out of pocket the damages, then the Hummer is lible to be traded in for a Ford. Our perfect Hummer 2 is now damaged..So for all those in our area, thinking of buying..please do..great wheels...STAY AWAY from Sacramento Hummer...I would not give the Perfect Cindy Daugherty any more perfect reviews..buy from the Bay Area, they seem pretty damn nice so far.
Attached Images

Old 08-10-2005, 07:24 PM
Hummer Veteran

Kaz is off the scale

Here is a little story, about a couple and their 2003 H2 and the damage done by Sacramento Hummer technician, and the Service Manager who yells and calls the owners "liars"..(He had issues because we did not buy it from them. The damage to our door is $1000 worth of beautiful to the metal scratches..The scream match between the Service Director and the owners was "priceless". Even more important is that the OWNER, Cindy Daugherty, said she is "perfect" and her dealership is also, and she refused to do anything..prove us wrong, compromise or just say SORRY..yet, she focused on the nasty exchange of words and the upset customers. After all she said the H2 was worth nothing...She had no idea why we would be upset..So, our first Hummer, last trip to Sac. Hummer and if GM does not step in so we dont have to be out of pocket the damages, then the Hummer is lible to be traded in for a Ford. Our perfect Hummer 2 is now damaged..So for all those in our area, thinking of buying..please do..great wheels...STAY AWAY from Sacramento Hummer...I would not give the Perfect Cindy Daugherty any more perfect reviews..buy from the Bay Area, they seem pretty damn nice so far.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:44 PM
Hummer Professional

H2_SUT_SC is off the scale

Really?? I bought my SUT from Nick over there and couldn't have been happier. Him and his Sales Manager were cool people to deal with. Only experience I had from service was having them swap out my grill and they did send some hot chick to follow me down to where I was having it tinted and give me a ride back to my other car.

I'm confused a bit with your story though - are you referring to yourself as the "owners" or the Daugherty's? Was it the Service Manager arguing with Cindy or with you? She told "you" that the H2 was worth nothing?? Well....she does drive a Bentley GT coupe and Ferrari F360 Modena so maybe she's a tad too stuck up for the common folk owners of H2's. Although that's how she earned the money to buy those fancy cars so I don't see the logic in her saying that.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:52 PM

ARH1956 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kaz:
Here is a little story, about a couple and their 2003 H2 and the damage done by Sacramento Hummer technician, and the Service Manager who yells and calls the owners "liars"..(He had issues because we did not buy it from them. The damage to our door is $1000 worth of beautiful to the metal scratches..The scream match between the Service Director and the owners was "priceless". Even more important is that the OWNER, Cindy Daugherty, said she is "perfect" and her dealership is also, and she refused to do anything..prove us wrong, compromise or just say SORRY..yet, she focused on the nasty exchange of words and the upset customers. After all she said the H2 was worth nothing...She had no idea why we would be upset..So, our first Hummer, last trip to Sac. Hummer and if GM does not step in so we dont have to be out of pocket the damages, then the Hummer is lible to be traded in for a Ford. Our perfect Hummer 2 is now damaged..So for all those in our area, thinking of buying..please do..great wheels...STAY AWAY from Sacramento Hummer...I would not give the Perfect Cindy Daugherty any more perfect reviews..buy from the Bay Area, they seem pretty damn nice so far. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It seems you have a right to be upset with Sac. Hummer. But why would you want to trade for a Ford, are their dealers "perfect", LOL?
Old 08-11-2005, 02:30 AM
Hummer Expert

RasterMaster is an unknown quantity at this point

Besides not honoring the warranty...service at Ford stealerships is why I won't have another. Family had always owned Ford, but I guess "Quality is Job #1" doesn't apply any longer. While I may have complaints with any dealership, it isn't enough to trade down over.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:21 AM
Hummer Veteran

hognose is off the scale

Which Service advisor did you work with? In my experience Tifny has been awesome, I have not had a single bad experience there.

Your post makes it a bit hard to understand what the exact damage is, can you post a picture or describe it further? How do you know it's 1k worth of damage?

Did you notice the damage immediately and call it out before leaving or notice it later?

Certainly not trying to imply you aren't 100% correct here but it seems to me we are missing some details/facts.

Who did you initially report this to?
Was it before you left the dealership following service?
If not, how long after?
What was the service advisors initial response?
I assume it was their response which led to the service manager escalation?
Did the manager immediately start yelling/calling you a liar? Or did this occur over the course of multiple conversations?

At what point did Cindy become involved? Did she straight out refuse your claim or did she do any type of investigation to make sure she was making the right decision?

Again, not questioning the validity, but if there is one thing I have learned, it is that there are 2 sides to every story and the devil is in the details.

Thanks!

Chris
Old 08-11-2005, 10:22 AM

PreyOBird6 is off the scale

Is that picture taken outside your house?
Old 08-11-2005, 10:40 AM
Hummer Guru

VTSTOMPER is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PreyOBird6:
Is that picture taken outside your house? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Attached Images

Old 08-11-2005, 10:48 AM

PreyOBird6 is off the scale

Can I get an english translation on:
"The damage to our door is $1000 worth of beautiful to the metal scratches."

Please?
Old 08-13-2005, 02:16 AM
Hummer Veteran

hognose is off the scale

OK, time to call BS.

Anyone with as much passion as implied in the original post would have followed up said item.

I hate to agree with that bird of pray f'in idiot but... damn...! I gave you benefit of the doubt but that post was barely even coherent....let alone convincing anyone you were on the right side of things!

I was more than willing to try and help you but well....it seems clear we should take this at face value and assume you were attempting to scam Sac Hummer. These little "grenades" against people or business should not be tolerated. If you're willing to take the time to slander a business or persons reputation, you best be ready to provide proof. Vanishing will not lend credence to your story....

Chris
Old 08-13-2005, 11:16 AM

h2sin is off the scale

I can't say who is at fault here but I suspect there were some communication problem
Old 08-13-2005, 11:35 AM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

This whole thread is weird!

that is all....
Old 08-13-2005, 02:01 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahhhh...(sniff sniff) my babies are outing their first troll all by themselves. And a former troll is tagging along, too. Ahhhh... I'm gonna cry.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:26 PM

HummerJohn is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kaz:
Here is a little story, about a couple and their 2003 H2 and the damage done by Sacramento Hummer technician, and the Service Manager who yells and calls the owners "liars"..(He had issues because we did not buy it from them. The damage to our door is $1000 worth of beautiful to the metal scratches..The scream match between the Service Director and the owners was "priceless". Even more important is that the OWNER, Cindy Daugherty, said she is "perfect" and her dealership is also, and she refused to do anything..prove us wrong, compromise or just say SORRY..yet, she focused on the nasty exchange of words and the upset customers. After all she said the H2 was worth nothing...She had no idea why we would be upset..So, our first Hummer, last trip to Sac. Hummer and if GM does not step in so we dont have to be out of pocket the damages, then the Hummer is lible to be traded in for a Ford. Our perfect Hummer 2 is now damaged..So for all those in our area, thinking of buying..please do..great wheels...STAY AWAY from Sacramento Hummer...I would not give the Perfect Cindy Daugherty any more perfect reviews..buy from the Bay Area, they seem pretty damn nice so far. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kaz,

We also had our own problems with Hummer of Sac. It is not worth trading in the H2 over a problem with the dealership though. Who would want to own a Ford over a Hummer?

We found that we can get along just fine without the people at Hummer of Sac. We have all our services (and any other work) done at Folsom Chevrolet. They take good care of our H2 and the people in their service department are awesome. If you need any future work done on your rig, call Sandy at Folsom Chevy. He's very friendly and very helpful.

John
Old 08-14-2005, 03:40 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRTYFN:
Ahhhh...(sniff sniff) my babies are outing their first troll all by themselves. And a former troll is tagging along, too. Ahhhh... I'm gonna cry. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It is funny, isn't it? Good Plebs... Good....
Old 08-17-2005, 12:53 PM
Hummer Veteran

RMST is off the scale

Let's face it. Judging by that picture this woman is a complete Hoosier.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:54 PM
Hummer Veteran

RMST is off the scale

Did she buy the hummer to pull her home?
Old 08-17-2005, 01:12 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RMST:
Let's face it. Judging by that picture this woman is a complete Hoosier. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Many here might not know what a Hoosier is. That or think that it means a high school basketball player.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:21 PM
Hummer Veteran

RMST is off the scale

That's no basketball player!