H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H1 Discussion Forums > General H1 Discussion

Old 10-01-2005, 07:32 PM
Hummer Veteran

Denny Crane is off the scale

I'm kinda kicking around the idea of purchasing my 1st H1.

A couple of concerns come to mind, these from a guy that installed what turns out to be quite possibly the last 10' Satellite dish, so i get into things late.

Are H1's still selling well, i.e. are they holding value at a point or still dropping after 3,4 or even 5+ years. I see alot of 2000's in the 40's and 50's and am wondering if the bottom isn't near for them as it doesn't appear to many are sold for under 35K regardless of condition.

I realize it's a speciality vehicle you either love or hate but what would be your prediction for the H1 in the future?

I'm guessing 125K for a Dura H1 is more than hard to justify for most individuals, and where will they be price wise in a couple of years? 50K ? 70K ? Still ALOT of money and alot of truck that only seats 4.

Lastly, do you think anyone will ever get the Alliaon/Duramax conversion to an afforable level for those guys and gals with mid 90's that want a real improvement since the exterior looks haven't really changed since conception?

TIA,

D
Old 10-01-2005, 07:32 PM
Hummer Veteran

Denny Crane is off the scale

I'm kinda kicking around the idea of purchasing my 1st H1.

A couple of concerns come to mind, these from a guy that installed what turns out to be quite possibly the last 10' Satellite dish, so i get into things late.

Are H1's still selling well, i.e. are they holding value at a point or still dropping after 3,4 or even 5+ years. I see alot of 2000's in the 40's and 50's and am wondering if the bottom isn't near for them as it doesn't appear to many are sold for under 35K regardless of condition.

I realize it's a speciality vehicle you either love or hate but what would be your prediction for the H1 in the future?

I'm guessing 125K for a Dura H1 is more than hard to justify for most individuals, and where will they be price wise in a couple of years? 50K ? 70K ? Still ALOT of money and alot of truck that only seats 4.

Lastly, do you think anyone will ever get the Alliaon/Duramax conversion to an afforable level for those guys and gals with mid 90's that want a real improvement since the exterior looks haven't really changed since conception?

TIA,

D
Old 10-01-2005, 11:36 PM
Hummer Expert

Beastmaster is off the scale

H1's are somewhat of a niche market vehicle.

The trucks are currently holding most of their value well. The bottom hasn't hit totally yet, and some owners have sold them for small profits recently as well.

The biggest depreciation for H1's occurs in the first 1-3 years of ownership. A great case in point - a 2004 H1 that normally went for 120-130k sold for 77k last month. This was a dealer demo that had a mere 1200 miles on it. (The new owner gave his H2 to his 16 year old daughter for her first truck).

Once past there, things seem to be stabilized. 96-98 trucks seem to go anywhere from 30-48k, 99's to 2001's go higher, and 2003/2004's are higher than that.

The best database on used prices so far seems to be Ben William's EBay database.

Right now, for those that sold, the average price (for 1996 to current trucks) is 41k. This is for 251 trucks that have actually sold on EBay between 2000 and 7/19/2005.

The other major issue to look at is what you're going to use it for. If you're more interested in off roading, then look for a 96 to 98 model year, or any model year with lockers (ARB, Auburn, Detroit, or Eaton E-Locker). If you're looking for more of an all around vehicle with less off roading needs, any truck would work.

The two best links to look at are:

http://www.flashoffroad.com/features...ayAuctions.htm

http://www.flashoffroad.com/features...uyingUsed.html

Getting a Duramax is very hard to justify. However, we will see pricing drop on them as well, possibly with the same amount of depreciation as what we have seen with the 2004's.

As for conversions, they are a bit expensive. Depending on how you want to do your conversion, a Duramax conversion (with donor truck) could cost you as much as getting a new Alpha that's used.

Just my .02....

-Steve