H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 04-09-2008, 02:04 AM
Hummer Veteran

cdmintmi is on a distinguished road
Question New 35 toyos and have some questions...

I just put my 35 toyos on my 3 and my gps is saying my speedometer is about 6 mph off. Anyone know if these will work to set the speedometer/odometer back?

I was also wondering what tuning options where out there but couldnt find very much on the google search. Apparently theres not a whole lot out there for the 3's. Theres way more on this forum than anywhere else. And Im also thinking about getting an exhuast system to see if I could a couple extra horses. Is the Corsa that much better than the others or is it over priced compared to the other systems like Borla Gibson or Billy? Ive seen a lot of picks with those duals sticking out the back and it does look cool as hell, just wondering theyre just for show.
06 H3, Boulder Grey (somtimes/mostly just mud, color of mud varies), Leveling Kit, 35" Toyo Open Country M/T's, Westin chrome nerf bar, chrome brush guard, Chrome kit, chrome roof bars, navigation, XM,
brush gaurd lights. Want: 4" or 6" lift, rock rails to replace the steps, roof rack w/lights, want a rack above the spare on rear door, custom seat covers...should be done then but I doubt it
Old 04-09-2008, 02:44 AM
Hummer Authority

H3slate is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New 35 toyos and have some questions...

So are you noticing a nice decrease in power and acceleration? There are only a couple of tuning options, pcm for less, and a few others.
Found these

http://www.teakatoys.com/H3_Performa...p/z-h3comp.htm

http://www.teakatoys.com/H3_Performance_Computer_Software_Upgrade_by_Unichi _p/ia-uch3.htm

You might also look into a new air intake as well. K&N, volant, and raidmax.

Black Sheep Hummer Squadron

Last edited by H3slate : 04-09-2008 at 02:46 AM.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:47 AM
Hummer Veteran

power loss is actualyy less than I expected to be honest. I mean I think we all can admit that the 3 is no race car out the gate, nor was it intended to be. But it does seem to struggle a tad (and a small tad) when traveling highway speed on steep inclines. (Im in western NC mountains by the way just south of Asheville). I was looking at exhuast before the tires (figure tires would make the most difference in look and functionality) but could never decide which one to get. Kind of like a roof rack I guess, Gobi for $$$$$$ and known awsome quality or Rola for $ and maybe subpar quality. I dont know anyone with gibson, billy, corsa or any other exhuast on theirs (or 35's for that matter) so I just didnt worry about it. Im not looking for 20+ hp just maybe a few more to help push it up those hills.

know anyone that has tried either of the ones youve listed?
06 H3, Boulder Grey (somtimes/mostly just mud, color of mud varies), Leveling Kit, 35" Toyo Open Country M/T's, Westin chrome nerf bar, chrome brush guard, Chrome kit, chrome roof bars, navigation, XM,
brush gaurd lights. Want: 4" or 6" lift, rock rails to replace the steps, roof rack w/lights, want a rack above the spare on rear door, custom seat covers...should be done then but I doubt it

Last edited by cdmintmi : 04-09-2008 at 11:17 AM.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:45 PM
Hummer Guru

wpage is on a distinguished road

Watch your speed with the 35's your stock speedo is set up for what you had when it was built . So your GPS will now be more accurate except for atmospheric conditions.
If the cops get you for speeding not sure they will buy the tire excuse!

You could buy the compensator for the speedo. But you will get used to the adjustment over time. Might be easy over time to factor in the multiplier. Use you GPS for a while and see.

For me I only run my Toyo 35 in winter and when I wheel. So since the stocks still get run its no big deal! Those Toyo 35 OC really sing on the highway unless you get the AT's. The stock bridgstones and goodyears are much quieter/smoother on the road.
(John 3:16)
2006 H3 Slate Blue,Header,Jacked,CAI,Toyo35's,HHO.
Priors...
Explorer
Commander
71 Vette
You Name it!

Last edited by wpage : 04-09-2008 at 12:54 PM.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:41 AM
Hummer Veteran

yeah i moved my tomtom from center of windshield to right above the instrument cluster so i wouldnt have to keep looking over to see my speed. I'm almost dead on 5 miles too slow, according to it and two other vehicles. I normally ride 5-7 mph over anyways so I just set the cruise on the speedlimit and let her go.

The ride of the Toyo OC MT's arent any worse than I expected, I mean any mud tire isnt going to be too smooth at highway speeds and to be honest he sound level really isnt that bad, yet. Ive had mud tires before but not toyos. These are by far the quietest of the tires Ive run. But Im sure itll get nothing but worse at times goes by.

Worst thing is Im stuck in a trailblazer from enterprise for a few days. (And just so you know this POS gets the same or worse highway mpg than my 3 WITH 35's!!! but it does have more gitty up, yes it will do a small burnout first thing I tested) The steel silt fence stake that wrapped around the A arm from the other post mustve cuaght just enough of the wheel speed sensors wiring and pulled it out just enough to require replacing (I even told them how it happened and they still covered it, my next one will come from FLOW Hummer in Greensboro NC for sure. They are great to me, I wouldve told me its my fault and you have to pay.)

I wonder if there is a way to make the cable more stream line with the A arms to prevent this from happening again??? Im forever wheeling through the woods and branches and trees are no obstacle for this ring so i normally just coast on over but Id hate to be undone by a simple twig.... hmm ill have to look at that when i get it back. Anyways they parked my rig behind the shop till the part arrive tomorrow and I snapped a shot becuase I was sad to leave her there and the where they had it parked reminded me why I bought the 3 instead of the 2....

Name:  DSCN0464.JPG
Views: 443
Size:  45.8 KB

A: I think it looks better
B: I didnt have a ruler but I swear I now have more clearance
C: Im sure I still get better gas milage
those are just the top 3
Old 04-16-2008, 07:13 PM
Hummer Veteran

moorec614 is on a distinguished road

Of course you have more clearance.

If you install tires with more sidewall, you're effectively lifting the vehicle further off the ground.