H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 03-21-2005, 11:45 AM

fotobiz is off the scale

I have seen so many tire carriers for the h2 and just yesterday I saw one from Off Road Technology. It's off set from center & swings out, but it is 12 inches shorter and will allow you to open the hatch when it's at 90 degrees. Does anybody know how I can find them. I have searched for hours and the link is (error).
Please help
Whit the carrier on the back it will be even harder to see out. That's why I like the off-set carrier.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:45 AM

fotobiz is off the scale

I have seen so many tire carriers for the h2 and just yesterday I saw one from Off Road Technology. It's off set from center & swings out, but it is 12 inches shorter and will allow you to open the hatch when it's at 90 degrees. Does anybody know how I can find them. I have searched for hours and the link is (error).
Please help
Whit the carrier on the back it will be even harder to see out. That's why I like the off-set carrier.
Old 03-21-2005, 01:32 PM
Banned

tower is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Fotobiz,

I can tell you a little about the ORT H2 carrier. I was just about to purchase one from them, when they decided to pull them off the market. This was about 6 months or so ago. Shortly thereafter, the link was pulled, but you could still find their Jeep gear pages. Now it looks like they're Out of business.

The person I was speaking and e-mailing with, Dan Flescher, said that they do a lot of other types of business including aerospace fabrication. Apparently there was some issue with their insurer covering production of the H2 carrier. It was all a little covert, but I'm guessing there was an incident with one of these carriers that caused them to stop production. They wouldn't even sell me one if I signed a release. Too bad, it seemed like a nice design. But in retrospect, without manufacturer support, I wouldn't buy one if I could find it.

If you want to find out more (and if you do, please let me know), you may still be able to contact Dan at 719.633.1111. Even if the number is still good, I don't know if they will give you a "straight" story about what happened.

Good luck, & keep us posted,

t~
Old 03-21-2005, 02:32 PM

fotobiz is off the scale

Thank you for the info but I just found another carrier which is also off-set by www.h2ohummers.com a bit expensive but worth the space saving area to open it. It will open at 90 degrees with rear hatch open or closed.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tower:
Dear Fotobiz,

I can tell you a little about the ORT H2 carrier. I was just about to purchase one from them, when they decided to pull them off the market. This was about 6 months or so ago. Shortly thereafter, the link was pulled, but you could still find their Jeep gear pages. Now it looks like they're Out of business.

The person I was speaking and e-mailing with, Dan Flescher, said that they do a lot of other types of business including aerospace fabrication. Apparently there was some issue with their insurer covering production of the H2 carrier. It was all a little covert, but I'm guessing there was an incident with one of these carriers that caused them to stop production. They wouldn't even sell me one if I signed a release. Too bad, it seemed like a nice design. But in retrospect, without manufacturer support, I wouldn't buy one if I could find it.

If you want to find out more (and if you do, please let me know), you may still be able to contact Dan at 719.633.1111. Even if the number is still good, I don't know if they will give you a "straight" story about what happened.

Good luck, & keep us posted,

t~ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 03-21-2005, 04:22 PM
Banned

tower is an unknown quantity at this point

I've seen that one too. It looks like a knock off-of the ORT. The only thing you might want to consider is that the passenger side portion of the rear window is what gets used the most (by me, anyway). I use my driver's side-view mirror for the rest. This sort of argues for the spare being more on the driver’s side, but some states require that the license plate be placed in the center or left of center, so you won’t see any on the driver’s side. Anyway, enjoy whatever you get!

t~
Old 03-21-2005, 06:26 PM

LasVegas is off the scale

fotobiz....I bought my carrier from gstyle gstyle4u . Price is great @ $539 and the system is first class. NO drilling, positive lock system, no rattles and has worked perfectly. I highly recommend it. You do have to open it slightly past 90 degrees but not that much. Check it out at their site.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:26 AM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

fotobiz, H20's stuff is just about the top of the line of any H2 accessories available today. He also happens to be a long-time member of this forum. If you contact him, I'm sure he can customize the product to your complete satisfaction. I doubt you can go wrong going manufacturer-direct who is very accessible too!
Old 03-22-2005, 02:03 AM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

I second what H2F said. If the SUT wouldn't have com ewith one, I would have ordered one from H2O in a second. Very high quality and great to work with. Send him a PM before you purcahse one and see what he could do for you.