H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Photos of YOUR H2

Old 07-23-2003, 11:18 PM

Kevin W is off the scale

Unit 2

2003 Pewter H2, Tire relocator, painted hard tire cover, billet gas cover, stainless bumper letters, 15% tinted front windows, a/v on its way!
Attached Images

2003 Pewter H2, Tire relocator, painted hard tire cover, billet gas cover, MC2 chrome hood handles, stainless bumper letters, 15% tinted front windows,pioneer nav/dvd, xm sat, headrest monitors, tv tuner, defenderworx hood latches, side vents, marker
Old 07-23-2003, 11:19 PM

Kevin W is off the scale

Remote Eye

2003 Pewter H2, Tire relocator, painted hard tire cover, billet gas cover, stainless bumper letters, 15% tinted front windows, a/v on its way!
Attached Images

2003 Pewter H2, Tire relocator, painted hard tire cover, billet gas cover, MC2 chrome hood handles, stainless bumper letters, 15% tinted front windows,pioneer nav/dvd, xm sat, headrest monitors, tv tuner, defenderworx hood latches, side vents, marker
Old 07-23-2003, 11:30 PM

Kevin W is off the scale

Hey guys,

I finally got all my A/V equiptment installed. There is a pioneer 910 dvd/cd/nav system. There are two vizualogic 7" headrest monitors, two vb1 video signal amplifiers, a tv tuner, xm satellite radio, 2 - two channel pairs of Audiovox wireless headphones, Onstar adapter kit, and steering wheel control adapter kit.
The best two things about the whole system are that you can use a different source on each monitor all at the same time, just choosing one to go throught the car speakers and the other two to go through the wireless headphones, and the pioneer navigation works amazingly.

I also just added the MC2 hood handles, and I think that they really added some nice definition to the front end.

Kevin

Old 07-24-2003, 01:24 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Kevin,

Other than my personal opinion on the wheel cover, man! I must admit you've armed your baby to the teeth! Looks first class.

One question though, your in dash monitor's retraction angle is hampered by the vents. Doesn't that give you a blurry screen or is it one of those digital screens?

Nice job! Mabye the wheel cover will grow on me in time.

Dennis

He ain't heavy.....
He's ma HUMMER baby!
03 NUDE Pewter Lux H2
03 Dressed Range Rover

My Video Collectionez

Old 07-24-2003, 11:06 AM

Kevin W is off the scale

Hey Dennis,

This is why its a forum, your opinions are respected even if not totally agreed with. Thats why each of our vehicles is unique to our own tastes! On the head unit, it is a hair dark being that it is only at about 85 degrees and not 90 or even 110. I think I have come up with a solution, the installer is going to flip around the dash kit and put the pocket at the top and that will lower the head unit about 2" thus clearing the vents. Or the other option is to pack out the head unit about 1/2" and it will clear the vents. Not sure which option I will go with yet.

Kevin

Old 07-24-2003, 01:52 PM
Hummer Messiah

I would pack it out 1/2". These boys have a cosmetic fix for anything.

I got my friends opinion on your tire hardcover, he likes it. Mabye I'll reverse that last tire cover opinion.

I'm not sure if you mentioned it Kevin, are you going to chrome the wheels?

He ain't heavy.....
He's ma HUMMER baby!
03 NUDE Pewter Lux H2
03 Dressed Range Rover

My Video Collectionez

Old 07-24-2003, 03:47 PM

Kevin W is off the scale

Dennis,

You are a mind reader, I was just looking ito that today! I have been fighting back and forth with chrome factory or custom. But I think that finances and a wife are going to force me to get a set of factory chrome wheels and tires. THis way I can swap the chrome out in the winter to the alloy, since the salt on the roads here in the winter is really bad for chrome wheels. Do you think that the wheels on ebay that are all claiming to be triple chrome plated aer good quality?? The dealer wants an aweful lot for them....might as well just get custom for their prices.

Kevin

Old 07-24-2003, 04:59 PM
Hummer Messiah

My dealership gets their factory mags done somewhere else, but at least they would cover it if they were poor quality. Ebay won't.

Smart ideal with the winter swapping though.
And ya, my wife is pacing my spending on the beast. I'm getting the stock NAV/DVD upgrade from the 2004 model first(permission was granted!). Chrome stock mags must wait .

He ain't heavy.....
He's ma HUMMER baby!
03 NUDE Pewter Lux H2
03 Dressed Range Rover

My Video Collectionez

Old 07-29-2003, 01:19 AM

Kevin W is off the scale

New Additions......

2003 Pewter H2, Tire relocator, painted hard tire cover, billet gas cover, MC2 chrome hood handles, stainless bumper letters, 15% tinted front windows,pioneer nav/dvd, xm sat, headrest monitors, tv tuner, defenderworx hood latches, side vents, and marker bezels.
Attached Images

Old 07-29-2003, 01:20 AM

Kevin W is off the scale

New 2

2003 Pewter H2, Tire relocator, painted hard tire cover, billet gas cover, MC2 chrome hood handles, stainless bumper letters, 15% tinted front windows,pioneer nav/dvd, xm sat, headrest monitors, tv tuner, defenderworx hood latches, side vents, and marker bezels.
Attached Images

Old 07-29-2003, 01:20 AM

Kevin W is off the scale

new 3

Attached Images

Old 07-29-2003, 10:22 AM

plesset is off the scale

Kevin,

I have the same Pioneer setup as you. Can I make a suggestion. Have them move the head unit into the lower din slot. You need to cut away some plastic inside and mess around with the wiring harness but it can be done. When I first went to pick up my car they had it like yours and I could not live with the screen slightly angled down. Now my screen comes to just below the nub on the a/c vent and sits straight up and down. I had them put a small sleeve on top where I can store DVDs. When the unit is up it blocks this area making it look clean. I will post some pics later on. By the way, did you get the Nav unit? I love the voice controls on this setup.
Old 07-29-2003, 11:57 AM
Hummer Professional

Joe is off the scale

I got to see Kevin's set-up on Sunday at the Philly meeting. It's nice. The Pioneer NAV is pretty slick.

We talked about the positioning of the unit and agreed that it should be moved down to clear the AC vents. I suggested, though I'm not sure if it was possible, to move the OnStar controls up in to the space above the Pioneer when it is moved down. This would open up the space where the Onstar is now for a utility pocket. Seemed like the best idea. Curious to see if it's possible.

2003 H2

Homepage:
http://www.hummerh1.net
Old 07-29-2003, 11:59 AM
Hummer Professional

Joe is off the scale

also, curious of what the options are for the TV Tuner Antenna for this setup. Kevin had a windshield antenna that run up the middle of the windshield. Is there an option for an external mounted antenna or some sort of "hidden" option.

2003 H2

Homepage:
http://www.hummerh1.net
Old 07-29-2003, 03:59 PM

plesset is off the scale

Moving the OnStar unit is a major piece of work. We tried to do it but the wiring harness would not reach. That is not to say that it can not be done if you are willing to spend the time and money moving it. On my NSX i have the tv antenna mounted where the windshield and roof meet so it it pretty hard to notice. I am sure you could do the same with the H2. In reality though you are better off going for the low profile DirecTV dish. My guy measured it out and it will fit between the roof and the racks. I know that its like $3k but you get to watch the Playboy channel while driving which is pretty damn cool.
Old 07-29-2003, 05:31 PM

StarWarsFan is off the scale

Very nice looking ride. I agree that the nav unit would be better in the lower slot as well.
Old 07-29-2003, 05:36 PM

Kevin W is off the scale

Plesset,

Thanks for the info on the head unit, I am going to proceed in that direction. I did talk to my guy about moving the onstar, which was a great idea, but he said it is a ton of labor, so I may scap that idea. I did get the nav, and it is just totally amazing, I am loving it, voice command is great, but I have been using the touch screen to navigate very quickly.

Welcome Starwarsfan, can't wait to see posts of your ride!

Kevin

Old 07-29-2003, 05:45 PM

StarWarsFan is off the scale

Not yet Kev (you know that since you told me about this site for get more info, but you like to break balls..LOL) but hopefully I will have one in Mid-November.