Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Sponsors' Forums > HUMMER Dealers

Old 05-24-2003, 04:21 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Would love to hear from any dealer about the Hummer, it could be fascinating from your perspective. How many Hummers have you personally sold? what types of people buy the Hummer? men or women? any interesting tales about your selling experience? test drives? couples fighting to buy or not to buy? many teenagers to see or buy H2? etc...

I have 100s of questions, not to mention 100s about who puts on the brush grill and offroad lamps and more, but will save them for new topics if any dealers actually look at this and reply.
Old 05-24-2003, 04:21 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Would love to hear from any dealer about the Hummer, it could be fascinating from your perspective. How many Hummers have you personally sold? what types of people buy the Hummer? men or women? any interesting tales about your selling experience? test drives? couples fighting to buy or not to buy? many teenagers to see or buy H2? etc...

I have 100s of questions, not to mention 100s about who puts on the brush grill and offroad lamps and more, but will save them for new topics if any dealers actually look at this and reply.
Old 05-29-2003, 04:03 AM

Peter is off the scale

Hi Mac, I'm not a hummer sales person or dealer but can answer your question about the brush guard and lights. The brush grill guard and assist steps are attached at the factory. The off-road lamps, roof rack bars, and wind deflector for the sun roof are attached at the dealership.
Old 05-31-2003, 01:54 PM
Supporting Dealer

HUMMER SALESMAN is off the scale

Hummer sales mgr here. Pete your right except all outside accessories are attached at the dealership. The assessories or as we call them
RPA's are sent a week prior to the truck arriving at the dealership. The only way they roll off the line is with mirrors and wheels.
fyi
sam
Old 05-31-2003, 02:06 PM

maybe some day... is off the scale

Hummer Sales- so you're saying that the side steps, roof bars, and brush guard are all shipped to you separately from the vehicle? So which part is Peter right about? Or am I missing something?

Why wouldn't they package them in the vehicle and avoid the cost and risk of damage by shipping them separately? Unless, of course, they come from somewhere other than the factory?

Disclaimer: none of this matters a hill of beans in the final analysis - I'll be so happy to finally have an H2 that I won't be worried about where the stuff came from - as long as the dealer's monkeys don't mess any of it up...
Old 05-31-2003, 03:11 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Hummer Salesman said "Pete is right" is a form of courtesy, polite and nice. A good salesman says that even when the customer is wrong, you don't argue with a customer. I don't know how the wheels turn in the car business, but as a Car Guy I am naturally interested in how the business is done outside the showroom. When the salesman goes to the manager's office to fight the price for you, he just sit there for as long as the buyer can bear, I read in a book that is all part of the car selling process and bargaining technic commonly used in showrooms.

My understanding/guess is same as Hummer Salesman, all outside parts and accessories are dealer installed at far higher (50% ave. or more) margin than the vehicle itself. It could be to encourage dealers to sell more accessories and allow dealers to make the profit. Thus once your new Hummer arrives, dealer wants a few days to "prep" the vehicle. I do not say "profit" in any negative manner, they are entitled to make profit to pay for the high expenses of a dealership.
Old 06-12-2003, 07:29 PM
Supporting Dealer

HUMMER SALESMAN is off the scale

The extras ship seperate becasue of size of the Hummer. It will not fit on a transport with steps on it. I can't tell you more about the system just that they come a week before the truck at the dealership. It is less expensive to order all factory options on the truck. I have no room to add any extra profit. MAC sales is sales and eveyone and every deal is diffrent. I can tell you that you will always leave with a good deal on HUMMER. A Dodge Neon is a whole diffrent story.
Old 07-04-2003, 04:45 PM

AMERICANH2 is off the scale

HEY MAC!GOOD LOCK W/ YOUR H2!!IT'S A GOOD TANK, IF YOU DIDN'T BUY ONE YET, ONE ADVICE, STAY AWAY FROM "HUMMER THOUSAN OAKS", THEY ARE THE WORST DEALER IN S. CA.!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-08-2003, 11:46 AM
Hummer Guru

BKLYNH2 is an unknown quantity at this point

AmericanH2-
Care to back up your statement?