Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > General Hummer Talk > Land Use Issues

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 03:53 PM
Elcova Newbie

Damageinc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default No Joke- PARAGON IS CLOSING- Where are the Hummers?

Hey all,
Jeeper here...I have only a few posts but wanted to update you on the status of Paragon and ask to see if you are coming out to represent GM, the sport and to support Paragon.
There is a raffle scheduled tomorrow, DJ even in the registration area and wheelers of all types will be there- I ask you to be there also.
The park is scheduled to close on Monday- this is your last chance to wheel one of the worlds crown jewels.
Even though the airport is crushing the park, this is the time and probably the last opportunity for us to show support to the owner and the media.
There are representatives from many of the offroading magazines and manufacturers as well as newspapers and tv channels.
The AP, CNN and NYT have been contacted and so we hope to get National exposure also.
I am looking forward to seeing Hummers, Jeeps, FJ's , buggies, quads and mtn bikes at Paragon...
michaelhopkins@verizon.net
Old 02-02-2007, 06:21 PM
Hummer Expert

OldHiker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: No Joke- PARAGON IS CLOSING- Where are the Hummers?

I am planning on coming down for the day. Hope more people will be there from this forum.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:21 PM
Hummer Guru

BKLYNH2 is an unknown quantity at this point

This is truly sad. Our trips to Paragon were the stuff of legends. All the great camping trips at the Red Ridge Lake Campground with so many of my great friends from this forum, have been some of the best times of the last 4 years. Now it seems like those times may be coming to an untimely end.
Frankly I think that the idea of a cargo airport in that location is absurd and really question the logic of those that think just because it is a good idea for the local economy that this is a place to put the project. Last time I checked airports were straight and LEVEL strips of land, and the Paragon site is anything but that. They are pushing Paragon out for a proposed project which will rely on federal funding, not funding that has already been procured.While our government is prone to throwing good money after bad; i.e the big dig in Boston, numerous construction projects in Iraq that have been destroyed right after they've been completed, and millions of dollars given to Iraqi rebuilders that have dissappeared with our dollars before one dime was spent for the good of their country, I would hope someone would step up and realise that there has to be a better place to locate an airport. While it may be too late to save Paragon I will be certain to let my leaders know that I don't think our tax dollars need to be squandered on such a folly.
Pops, I'm so glad that you will be going to represent us. Unfortunately I can't make it on such short notice, but I hope that you guys create quite a stir. I have signed my name onto the save paragon petition http://petitionspot.com/petitions/savePAP/ for what its worth, and encourage everyone on this site that enjoys having the ability to ride offroad, wherever they are to help support us here. At the very least the owners of Paragon will know that they have our support and thanks for the good times they have made possible.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:39 PM
Hummer Guru

MarineHawk is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKLYNH2
Frankly I think that the idea of a cargo airport in that location is absurd and really question the logic of those that think just because it is a good idea for the local economy that this is a place to put the project. Last time I checked airports were straight and LEVEL strips of land, and the Paragon site is anything but that.

Ditto. There is so much other farm and grazing land around there, why do they need to flatten small mountains to build runways at PAP?
Old 02-02-2007, 08:41 PM
Hummer Guru

MarineHawk is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldHiker
I am planning on coming down for the day.

Pops, are you going to blue-tape "FU Gladstone" on your H2?
Old 02-02-2007, 10:51 PM
Hummer Veteran

yat74 is an unknown quantity at this point

This really sucks, I love that park it was my Disneyland. I will be up on Saturday for the farewell ride, will people be riding on Sunday? Any other H3's coming? We need to represent and show our support for the PAP family in this difficult time. Mount up one last time all you slackers.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:00 PM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

I am soooo bummed for you guys. Not much you can do at this point except hope you get to continue wheeling there until the development is actually ready to begin.

Could take years after the sale to begin the groundbreaking process.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:33 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damageinc
Hey all,
Jeeper here...I have only a few posts but wanted to update you on the status of Paragon and ask to see if you are coming out to represent GM, the sport and to support Paragon.
Hey turd, this is a REPOST!!!

It really sucks for those of us in the mid-Atlantic to the northeast. I'm not at all happy. :frown: