H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 06-21-2007, 12:51 AM
Hummer Veteran

410225 is on a distinguished road
Default Spark Plug wires

Trying to replace plugs and wires. Funny thing is, I went to AC Delco service center to purchase AC Delco wire and they asked me to get the coil stamped number to verify the wires. 9.2" or 10.5" two different kinds.
How are you suppose to know this without taking the coil out to see what is stamped? I have 2004 H2.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:54 PM
Hummer Veteran

Default Re: Spark Plug wires

Quote:
Originally Posted by 410225
Trying to replace plugs and wires. Funny thing is, I went to AC Delco service center to purchase AC Delco wire and they asked me to get the coil stamped number to verify the wires. 9.2" or 10.5" two different kinds.
How are you suppose to know this without taking the coil out to see what is stamped? I have 2004 H2.

Anyone?
Old 06-21-2007, 04:14 PM
Hummer Expert

IRA51 is on a distinguished road

they mean the lenth,you can measure it or take one off and bring it to them to match. better still order them from Summit raceing and get the Summit branded ones made by Taylor ,they are a much better wire for less money . all you will need is some dieltric greese to install them .
you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Old 06-21-2007, 04:25 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRA51
they mean the lenth,you can measure it or take one off and bring it to them to match. better still order them from Summit raceing and get the Summit branded ones made by Taylor ,they are a much better wire for less money . all you will need is some dieltric greese to install them .

Would you happen to know what kind I have to order?
Old 06-21-2007, 04:46 PM
Hummer Authority

partsguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Delco#
748HH= 10.5 inch long wire
748GG=9.2 inch long wire
Old 06-21-2007, 04:52 PM
Hummer Authority

tomp is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, let me know which size you need. I have a set that I pulled off my H2 when it had very low mileage, as I swapped them out for aftermarket type with higher heat resistance when I added new exhaust headers.

You can have them for a third of what new cost + shipping...
Old 06-21-2007, 06:10 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by partsguy
Delco#
748HH= 10.5 inch long wire
748GG=9.2 inch long wire

I have the Delco part#. I was referring to the Taylor wire. If the price is not much different, I rather go with Taylor than Delco.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:49 PM
Hummer Veteran

H2Buff is off the scale

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=SUM%2D887830&N=70 0+0&autoview=sku
Old 04-13-2008, 07:38 AM
Hummer Guru

dochummer is an unknown quantity at this point

For the Summit Plug wires, is only one set necessary? I'm guessing from the picture that that is the case. In addition, will I need additional insulation sleeves or are these fine as they are? I just want to make sure that I get the right stuff to minimize headaches...

This is what I'm planning to purchase from Summit Racing:

1x SUM-887830 Summit Spark Plug wires $54.95
8x ACF-41-985 AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs $5.95 each (i believe these are gapped at .040?)
1x LCT-37534 Loctite Dielectric grease $2.95
1x LCT-37616 Anti-Seize Stick $3.95

My understanding is the MSD-32829 wires are a little long and would require additional insultation. And, the ACDelco wires cost about 3x's as much...?

'03 H2
Old 04-14-2008, 11:52 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

dochummer,

If you do not mind what is age and millage of your Hummer?

I'm very curious why you were asked about coils with the wires. MSD coils would be the way to go anyway.

Check out E3 spark plugs. I watched a set of them on Horsepower TV. It was a GM upgraded engine. They bought the best recommended plugs for this engine to run against the E3's. E3's used less fuel for almost 8 HP gain. Tests were run several times and all were about the same. Same occured when they tested Royal Purple oil against what had been being used in the late model Camaro they found that Royal gained almost 9HP over oil recommened. Well for what it is worth they are very skilled mechanics and do these comparisons fairly to help car guts out.

I can guarantee the advice of partsguys advice.

Hey Jeff how are you doing? I need to give you a call to kill a few minutes and say Hi. I'm hoping to get up to your area or Pittsburg anyway in late June as it looks right now. I hope to get to see and thank You for all your help. We have a limo Magnate in our forum maybe we could get some ride arraigned. If nothng else something to rent or borrow on the forum Buddy deals that get passed around. We are always more than willing to help members when they are passing through etc. I know as others including Dragon will attest that your have been a huge part in my "Beastly Beauty" build and got us stuff as well as answers we could not get in our state. So I want show my graditude. Even if you have ballgames going on maybe I can run over and watch.

Well sorry for the personal time doc but, partsguy had not been on in a while. He has been real busy for a while. I would be curious as to questions asked you. Good fortune dochummer.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges

Last edited by HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ : 04-14-2008 at 12:10 PM.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:02 PM
Hummer Guru

Hey Taz, My H2 was put into service mid 2002 I believe. It's been a while since I looked up the info. It has almost 62k miles on it right now. I've noticed that the idle has been a little rough - in that the rpm's will drop and fluctuate when at a stop light. I just changed the oil, which didn't help it. And, I really noticed it the last time I killed my battery (bad ignition switch - which I just replaced over the wknd. ). I know that the service manual doesn't recommend the plug changes until 100k miles, but I thought that this may help with the idle... I haven't heard of the E3 plugs, but I'll check those out.

Any other ideas?

These E3's? http://store.summitracing.com/partde...099+4294924641

'03 H2

Last edited by dochummer : 04-14-2008 at 06:05 PM.
Old 04-15-2008, 02:23 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

doc the e3 at summit does not look right on summit by your link. Call local big name parts store.

Take a rag and spray carb cleaner on it then with engine off clean inside and repeat till inside of throttle body is clean. Next spray carb cleaner through the throttle body slowly with engine running just to the point of not choking the engine down at fast idle say at about 800 to 1000 rpm. As the engine chokes stop spraying and let it get back to normal fast idle which you will need to do buy holding open yourself or someone sitting inside to watch tach holding rpm up open at a fast idle before you start spraying. This will help clean valves of carbon build up. While you have air duct system off take a Q-tip and clean the wire in your MAf sensor inline. Do not touch with fingers or put allot of pressure on it. It is not supper fragile just use caution.

doc I have never been able to go by the extend service time frame. It just seems wrong to me. Let others help advise you also. If it was my rig I would be changing plugs, wires, and coils along with the throttle body/valve cleaning I think you should be running real good. I would use almost the complete can of spray to put through throttle body and valves. Save some to just spray and clean the outside of throttle body.

Well hope I have helped a little. Oh use 2003 as year model as one website did not have 2002. I would think local part store should help.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 04-15-2008, 07:35 PM
Hummer Guru

Great info, I'll give the carb cleaner a try this wknd.

'03 H2