H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 11-28-2008, 01:32 AM
Hummer Professional

hummeraddict is on a distinguished road
Default For anyone worried about the future of HUMMER!

Just stumbled upon this video. They mention things like "the future expansion of the brand" and etc. Check it out. It put some of my worries to rest. Hopefully Hummer will be around for quite sometime. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q45jugF2Z8E
Old 11-28-2008, 07:38 AM
Hummer Authority

wannabeH3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: For anyone worried about the future of HUMMER!

the chicago auto show was in February of 08. so I would definetly still be worried. the brand is as far as i can tell, dying.
Old 11-28-2008, 02:56 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point

Had a good chat Wednesday with some people at the Hummer dealership in MO. I consider myself lucky to live so close to this dealership, however the proximity was one of the major factors in my buying two Hummers from them. The person I talked to at Lynch said they sold Hummers for AM General before GM bought the brand (H1s), have a large inventory of new and used 1s 2s and 3s and intend on staying in the Hummer business regardless of what GM decides even if it's selling used ones. I'd hate to see the H3 go by the wayside, because the 2009 is refined in so many little ways over the 2006 and I like the Captains seating and flex fuel engine on the new H2. I take some comfort in the Hummer future because the product has improved so much, gas is coming down in price, and the vehicle has a large following (there's still hope someone else might buy the brand)- what GM does with it is out of my control.
Old 11-29-2008, 02:11 AM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabeH3
the chicago auto show was in February of 08. so I would definetly still be worried. the brand is as far as i can tell, dying.
ALL car manufacturers are dying. Its not just Hummer. Every car manufacturer is down in sales quite a bit.
Old 11-29-2008, 03:01 PM
Hummer Expert

HummerMann is on a distinguished road

Things are quiet at all dealers! I went by my dealer a week ago to look at a 2009 H2 with thoughts of adding it to our 2006 H2 SUT. The last and best of the breed???? I took it for a test drive and I love the new instrument panel and 2008 type seats. I always rest my right arm on the center console and the padded console is another plus.
I also drove one of the 2009 H3s (first time in an H3 & this one had the adventure package) and I REALLY liked it too, much more than I thought I would after years in my H2s. They were ready to make a real good cash/no trade in deal on the H3 and throw in the video head rests for free on the H3. My only qualms are can we fit the two kids and our golden retreiver in the back seat and will the wife want an H2. It rides a little firmer than my H2, but this one had the adventure package and I like the tires that come with that package.
Since this will be for the wife, I need her to drive it too and let her get what she wants, but it would be a big savings over the new H2. I was there about two hours and I was the ONLY PERSON there the whole time except for two people waiting on service on their H3s. I also asked about parts and service if Hummer is discontinued, and he said the warranty would be good at any GM dealer.

Hummer, like nothing else
Old 11-29-2008, 06:33 PM
Hummer Professional

I think enough people are still interested in driving these vehicles to last a little while longer.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:51 PM
Hummer Authority

wannabeH3 is an unknown quantity at this point

im just dissapointed cuz i still owe 23k on my 06 :P
Old 12-01-2008, 06:20 PM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
wow, i just bought a 08 and only owe a couple thousand more. what did you get?
Old 12-02-2008, 10:43 PM
Hummer Expert

evldave is off the scale

Quote:
yeah us early buyers paying full sticker (or more!) are screwed...i owe 20k and could get...what...13k for it? maybe sell it for 15k-16k...
Old 12-02-2008, 10:55 PM
Hummer Veteran

yat74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: For anyone worried about the future of HUMMER!

Yep, if you bought early you got screwed.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:51 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point

I have mixed feelings on the scr*wed part. I bought my 2006 H3 in May of 2005, like those who bought then, I paid over sticker. When you go after a vehicle that is brand new and in demand you can always figure you're going to take a BIG hit financially, HOWEVER, when they were new, they would literally stop traffic and people would come up to you at gas stations to look at the car.
I did some offroad events and being the only H3 in the event and it was TONS OF FUN. Look at those that bought Corvette ZR1s in 1993 for $85,000 that are selling for $22,000 now, or the offroad 2000 Vehicross which sold for $39,000 and three years later they were going for $12,000. When you buy the first of any high demand car, you have to look at that money as the FUN you got out of it. There are those who buy vehicles as an investment, but unless you're looking at H1s, Cobras, Hemis or pre 73 vettes you're going to depreciate. American cars always depreciate faster, but I'm one of those who drinks from the altar of horsepower and fun and I consider the money well spent. I loved every minute in my H3 and my H2 will probably depreciate more in terms of dollars, but like the H3 it has brought back the fun in driving for me. Look at Neocon - his H3 got him to move to MOAB - lucky guy~! Anyone heard from Neocon lately?

Last edited by HummerJim : 12-03-2008 at 07:54 PM.