H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 03-23-2012, 02:54 PM
Hummer Veteran

ryaleon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anybody know what this is?

So it's just a gimmick device? Where was the now unplugged end of the hose supposed to go?
Old 03-23-2012, 03:04 PM
Hummer Authority

guruerror is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryaleon
So it's just a gimmick device? Where was the now unplugged end of the hose supposed to go?
It's like religion...some people believe and some people don't; but I personally haven't' seen any proof that they work. And in my mind, if they did work, everybody would know about them, they'd be selling them at Walmart, and the BANJO valve company would be making a killing selling cam lever couplings...

...not to mention, if it worked, yours would prolly still be hooked up. LOL!

Don't quote me on this, but I think that hose is suppose to connect into your fuel line somehow. I'm pretty sure these devices are suppose to release Hydrogen from the water in the tank so that it mixes with the fuel to, theoretically, give you better combustion in the chamber...better burn...less wasted gasoline...better MPG...amen. But it runs on belief, much like Santa's sleigh runs on Christmas spirit...you've got to believe it will work to see the results. LOL.

Last edited by guruerror : 03-23-2012 at 03:06 PM.
Old 03-23-2012, 03:06 PM
Hummer Veteran

Sounds....like science fiction haha. Well I will remove it today. Maybe I'll hook it up to my Lancer!
Old 03-23-2012, 06:15 PM
Hummer Expert

[__--MUD--__] is on a distinguished road

Quote:

It gets tapped right into the plastic airintake tube. I'm betting its not currently hooked up because someone put an aftermarket airbox and intake on it. The stock unit looks like a big black seagull sitting on your motor Right about where the tube is sticking out is where that would of been plugged in.

Hydrogen has like 20x (dont remember the exact number) more combustion energy then gasoline. I have looked into this pretty extensively, and will probably be making a summer **** around project out of it on a lawnmower engine for testing purposes. I've run the numbers on how much hho would be required to noticibly make a difference on fuel consumption...Its close. Just go to youtube and search on it. These newer refined systems are making liters of hho in 10-20 seconds. Now multiple that by 20 to equal the power available (comparable to gas). If its done correctly and safely, it has soem merits. Its just to hard to tell w/ out doing it yourself.

Ill definately make a post if I ever get around to doing it. Atleast gotta get some trash bags full of hho and a really long fuse. Light it, and let it float up in the air. The explosion off of that is louder than commercial fireworks
Old 03-23-2012, 06:21 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by [__--MUD--__]
It gets tapped right into the plastic airintake tube. I'm betting its not currently hooked up because someone put an aftermarket airbox and intake on it. The stock unit looks like a big black seagull sitting on your motor Right about where the tube is sticking out is where that would of been plugged in.

Hydrogen has like 20x (dont remember the exact number) more combustion energy then gasoline. I have looked into this pretty extensively, and will probably be making a summer **** around project out of it on a lawnmower engine for testing purposes. I've run the numbers on how much hho would be required to noticibly make a difference on fuel consumption...Its close. Just go to youtube and search on it. These newer refined systems are making liters of hho in 10-20 seconds. Now multiple that by 20 to equal the power available (comparable to gas). If its done correctly and safely, it has soem merits. Its just to hard to tell w/ out doing it yourself.

Ill definately make a post if I ever get around to doing it. Atleast gotta get some trash bags full of hho and a really long fuse. Light it, and let it float up in the air. The explosion off of that is louder than commercial fireworks

Yeah aftermarket intake right now. SO the hose is kind of just there. zip tied in place. Ill remove it today. Does not look like anything that could possible work. I mean part of it is held in by a cup holder haha. Maybe a better one...but doubtful this one was anything more than a "placebo" mod.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:49 PM
Hummer Veteran

markdoddridge is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yeah aftermarket intake right now. SO the hose is kind of just there. zip tied in place. Ill remove it today. Does not look like anything that could possible work. I mean part of it is held in by a cup holder haha. Maybe a better one...but doubtful this one was anything more than a "placebo" mod.

Since its already 95% installed, why dont you hook it back up and test it before dismantling it? It would be good to know if it works, and someone probably spent a ton of money on it. plus if you ever had to sell your hummer, saying its converted to run on hydrogen couldnt hurt the price
Old 03-23-2012, 07:28 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdoddridge
Since its already 95% installed, why dont you hook it back up and test it before dismantling it? It would be good to know if it works, and someone probably spent a ton of money on it. plus if you ever had to sell your hummer, saying its converted to run on hydrogen couldnt hurt the price

It would be interesting to try it out unfortunately I dont know how to hook it up. I'm assuming I just add water find the on switch and put the hose into the intake somehow
Old 03-23-2012, 07:46 PM
Hummer Veteran

Indy is on a distinguished road

I would be very cautious about adding water where both the battery terminals go into....maybe you can find something online with the same design before starting to test anything....did you check what the box looks like on the inside?

Corvette C5 / Millennium Yellow / 6M - 5.7 V8 - sold
Corvette C5 / Nassau Blue / 6M - 5.7 V8 - sold
J E E P ZJ / 7" lift / 35" Cooper STT - sold
J E E P TJ / 7" lift /chillipepper red / 37" MTR - sold
Mustang GT / black / 5M - 4.6 V8 - sold
Old 03-23-2012, 08:08 PM
Hummer Authority

guruerror is on a distinguished road

I'd be cautious as well, especially if it's your daily driver. My opinion?...yank it out and call it a day.

Like I said, IMO if things like these produced significant results we'd see them on stock vehicles...especially now that we're in the Age of the MPG. Every single Prius coming off the line would have a hydrogen generator, a CAI full of Vortex fins, magnets on the fuel lines, vortex generating airtabs on roof, and denim sack full of Starkey188's moon rocks strapped to the gas tank...but they don't.

Get yourself a six pack, a Craftsman wrench, a country station, and yank that sucker...that sounds like a fine Saturday afternoon if you ask me.

Last edited by guruerror : 03-23-2012 at 08:55 PM.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:30 PM
Hummer Expert

[__--MUD--__] is on a distinguished road

thats my biggest thing, I'm not going to test it out on any of my vehicles.

Its not straight water, baking soda also...but the amount is dependant on the amps used and size of the system.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:09 PM
Hummer Veteran

Just got home from work. Will rip that sucker out. You're right, if it worked it would never have been disconnected.
Old 03-24-2012, 03:49 AM

fyr145 is on a distinguished road

Whatever it is, get rid of it............its not stock on Hummers.