H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 02-28-2005, 03:33 PM

H2Chuck is off the scale

I was curious if anyone else may have had this problem.
My 03 after say parking it on friday afternoon and not getting back in it untill early on Monday morning seems to have a drain on battery .I have to jump it off.I have did the usual (test light in series with battery cable and pull fuses 1 by 1 ) I have'nt pulled all fuses but I pulled the most common fuses acc. etc and with no luck .Maybe ecm? anyone had ideas without pulling every single fuse 1 by 1 ? I have back up sensors and camera ,I called myself checking those .Any ideas would be appreciated . Cranks good if i drive it everyday ,and i have not put a meter in series to see how much of a drain i have ,(figure it has to be a good one to pull the battery down in a cpl days .
Thanks
Old 02-28-2005, 03:33 PM

H2Chuck is off the scale

I was curious if anyone else may have had this problem.
My 03 after say parking it on friday afternoon and not getting back in it untill early on Monday morning seems to have a drain on battery .I have to jump it off.I have did the usual (test light in series with battery cable and pull fuses 1 by 1 ) I have'nt pulled all fuses but I pulled the most common fuses acc. etc and with no luck .Maybe ecm? anyone had ideas without pulling every single fuse 1 by 1 ? I have back up sensors and camera ,I called myself checking those .Any ideas would be appreciated . Cranks good if i drive it everyday ,and i have not put a meter in series to see how much of a drain i have ,(figure it has to be a good one to pull the battery down in a cpl days .
Thanks
Old 02-28-2005, 04:17 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I agree with Seth. The battery would be my first suspect, especially if it is the stock one. I, and others, have mysterious drains also. Mine sat all week and I had to jump it off and I have a "good" optima battery in it.

There is something about relays waking up or locking on and draining the battery and it is an intermittent problem. Good luck tracking it down. My cure is going to be adding a second battery.
Old 02-28-2005, 04:36 PM

ChuckE is off the scale

My '03 had that problem. After about 3 or 4 days of sitting the battery was dead.

The tech said that it was a common problem that the backup camera was not properly shutting off (I didn't see any unusual screen display during that time).

But they worked in that area, and after that, I didn't have the problem again.

Oh, about a year later, the stock battery went bad, and was replaced under warranty.
Old 02-28-2005, 05:03 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

I had it happen several times last fall and called Ser. manager that usually helps Me and He said what they have been finding is that the front passenger seat control gets hung in one place if someone adjusts seat. I went out just bumped control and barely moved seat and have not had the problem until 3 weekends ago when My daughter went with Me. It is usually already set to where she likes it but I think the detailer moved it. Anyway she moved it back on a friday and I got in it on following monday and it was dead. I charged it and moved the seat a smidge and has not happened again. New seat control is on the way. I told them that'a all I need is to go off on a trip and have to get My H2 jumped by someone and catch grief over it.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 02-28-2005, 11:37 PM

LasVegas is off the scale

'03. 18 months. Sits many weekends. Never had problem. Check battery.
Old 03-01-2005, 12:00 AM
Hummer Veteran

mmayo is off the scale

It could be both the front passenger seat control & a bad battery - I just had my battery & the front passenger seat control replaced for this very problem on my '03 silverado truck. Took it in last week & they said the battery had a bad cell in it, replaced it.......didn't drive it for a day & it was dead when I went to start it. Took it in this morning & they said the passenger power seat controler was draining the battery. I hope they're right this time.
Old 03-01-2005, 04:35 PM
Hummer Professional

Hummertech is off the scale

If your seat switch is sticking, your battery will go dead rather quick. Won't take 3 days. The early style hitchcams by their design always have about a 70ma drain on the battery and will run a battery dead in about 3 days. If you suspect this is your problem, you can contact hitch cam, and they'll send you an upgrade kit to wire it slightly differently to eliminate this. There are issues we see sometimes with different modules staying on, but other than a bad battery, 90% of battery drains I find are caused by something aftermarket.
Old 03-02-2005, 01:40 PM
Hummer Veteran

Woogy is off the scale

My battery was just replaced on my '03 under warranty. Dealer says they've been swapping out a bunch of them on '03s
Old 03-02-2005, 10:28 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

This is very true on the seat switch. I had My rig go dead over night on one of the seat switch sticks. I mean like 11pm to 8 am the next morning.
TAZ

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hummertech:
If your seat switch is sticking, your battery will go dead rather quick. Won't take 3 days. The early style hitchcams by their design always have about a 70ma drain on the battery and will run a battery dead in about 3 days. If you suspect this is your problem, you can contact hitch cam, and they'll send you an upgrade kit to wire it slightly differently to eliminate this. There are issues we see sometimes with different modules staying on, but other than a bad battery, 90% of battery drains I find are caused by something aftermarket. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges