H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 10-07-2005, 03:22 AM

Bondage is off the scale

I thought my Hummer dealer, Parkway in Valencia CA was top notch, but I just had an experience which has me rather unhappy. I had my H2 in for a few minor warranty repairs before I hit 36k this weekend and they did all of them in short order...except one.

I brought the GM bulletin in regarding the fading black plastic rear bumper and the Armor-Dillo fix. THEY REFUSED TO DO IT! They said the bulletin only applied to Escalades and Avalanches. I asked, "Lemme get this straight, had I bought a Chevy, you'd fix it, but with my Hummer I am SOL?" Basically, they said, "Yeah." This is fubared. Any ideas? I know I can buy an application of the stuff and do it myself, but I am pissed now. Who do I call and complain to about the Parkway Service Manager? BTW - this was after paying over a grand for the 30,000 mile recommended service!

Sean
Old 10-07-2005, 03:22 AM

Bondage is off the scale

I thought my Hummer dealer, Parkway in Valencia CA was top notch, but I just had an experience which has me rather unhappy. I had my H2 in for a few minor warranty repairs before I hit 36k this weekend and they did all of them in short order...except one.

I brought the GM bulletin in regarding the fading black plastic rear bumper and the Armor-Dillo fix. THEY REFUSED TO DO IT! They said the bulletin only applied to Escalades and Avalanches. I asked, "Lemme get this straight, had I bought a Chevy, you'd fix it, but with my Hummer I am SOL?" Basically, they said, "Yeah." This is fubared. Any ideas? I know I can buy an application of the stuff and do it myself, but I am pissed now. Who do I call and complain to about the Parkway Service Manager? BTW - this was after paying over a grand for the 30,000 mile recommended service!

Sean
Old 10-07-2005, 03:27 AM
Hummer Veteran

H2Singh is off the scale

go to another dealer
Old 10-07-2005, 04:07 AM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

Bondage, there are many, many posts here about how to get the plastic trims black again -- but I'm not sure if anyone actually had a dealer applied Armor-Dillo as warranty item??

FWIW, I always go to Cerritos Hummer. Not the cheapest, but most competent and fair. The head of service is Mike Sabaresse whom many considered most knowledgable Hummer tech alive.

Call them and ask about Armor-Dillo. If they say yes, you've got a case. Otherwise, you may wish to reconsider the complaint. $0.02..
Old 10-07-2005, 04:22 AM

Bondage is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H2Finally:
Bondage, there are many, many posts here about how to get the plastic trims black again -- but I'm not sure if anyone actually had a dealer applied Armor-Dillo as warranty item??

FWIW, I always go to Cerritos Hummer. Not the cheapest, but most competent and fair. The head of service is Mike Sabaresse whom many considered most knowledgable Hummer tech alive.

Call them and ask about Armor-Dillo. If they say yes, you've got a case. Otherwise, you may wish to reconsider the complaint. $0.02.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never would have thought of it as a warranty "repair" either - except there IS a GM bulletin authorizing a one-time under warranty Armor-Dillo application on the Escalade and Avalanche. I just think it's wrong to apply it to a Chevy and not to the Hummer! Same plastic, same manufacturer, same dealership, same problem - different answers! Just ain't right!

Sean
Old 10-07-2005, 10:18 AM
Hummer Professional

aggiehummer...er is off the scale

Here is how your dealer reads that bulletin: GM will pay a dealer to Armor-Dillo the bumper on an Escalade and an Avalanche. If it's not mentioned on there, then GM will not pay them to do it.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:46 PM

Bondage is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aggiehummer...er:
Here is how your dealer reads that bulletin: GM will pay a dealer to Armor-Dillo the bumper on an Escalade and an Avalanche. If it's not mentioned on there, then GM will not pay them to do it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep - I'm sure that's it. BUT...I have purchased 5 vehicles from this single dealership (a Caddy, a Vette, two Pontiacs and the Hummer) over the past four years! So the question becomes, "How much would it cost them to do this and keep a loyal customer happy?" I guess the answer is, "Too much." Oh well, there are plenty of dealerships around...

Sean
Old 10-07-2005, 03:18 PM
Hummer Professional

H2_SUT_SC is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sfox:
Sean,
Do the Sales MGR a favor, call him and tell him the situation. Don't let him fix it, just tell him you are finding another dealership based on this service experience, I bet he'd pay for it out of his own pocket. Explain to him that it's got nothing to do with money, it's got to do with respect and that you are going to find somewhere that respects you as a customer...although since the TSB isn't on a Hummer they are technically correct, they are loosing money to be correct...the customer is always right, espcially in a situation like this.

S </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well said.
Old 10-07-2005, 05:46 PM
Hummer Guru

Sewie is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:
Dude, you remind me of some of the people that work for me. They will spend more time bitching about something in email threads than getting off their ass and spending the 5 minutes to take care of the problem.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Said even better.

Old 10-07-2005, 09:46 PM

4churchill is off the scale

We own Parkway too...It is one of our other dealerships. I believe that our service dept down there is pretty damn good. Sounds to me like you should have a problem with GM and them not wanting to pay the dealer, rather then the dealer not wanting to work for free

www.HUMMERNut.net
Old 10-08-2005, 05:59 AM
Hummer Veteran

Rubiconman is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bondage:
Yep - I'm sure that's it. BUT...I have purchased 5 vehicles from this single dealership (a Caddy, a Vette, two Pontiacs and the Hummer) over the past four years! So the question becomes, "How much would it cost them to do this and keep a loyal customer happy?" I guess the answer is, "Too much." Oh well, there are plenty of dealerships around...
Sean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
For someone who has the $ to buy a Hummer...let alone 4 other vehicles in 4 years, it's a tad on the petty side what your asking for....Geesh!
Old 10-08-2005, 08:23 PM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

It's the point of it Boobiconman, but I see your point too.

If it were me I'd have a man to man with the Gen Mgr and give him an honest chance to make good on it. If nothing got resolved I'd buy the kit, do it myself and move on. I wouldn't be all happy about it, but life's too short to bicker about some things.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:55 AM

Bondage is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dan:

If it were me I'd have a man to man with the Gen Mgr and give him an honest chance to make good on it. If nothing got resolved I'd buy the kit, do it myself and move on. I wouldn't be all happy about it, but life's too short to bicker about some things. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow. I've been called petty and told to get off my ass - you guys crack me up. So many of you are such similar asses it's hard to keep you straight. I didn't take the vehicle in for this - I had a few other warranty items which needed to be taken care of. I simply added the Armor Dillo to the list when it was pointed out on this forum that GM realizes it is a legitimate fix for a real problem on their products. It's not petty at all to expect superior service when one "has the money" which I have spent at this dealership. In fact, NOT expecting and demanding this kind of service is what allows manufactureres like GM to continue to charge $60k for a vehicle with cheap black plastic bumpers that fade to gray in a year or so. As for "getting off my ass," I pay others to get off theirs and fix little problems like this, Alec. I make enough money in the 5 minutes you are talking about to hire someone else to do it. BTW, if you think so little of your employees, why not hire some new ones?

Sean
Old 10-10-2005, 01:59 AM

Bondage is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bondage:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dan:

If it were me I'd have a man to man with the Gen Mgr and give him an honest chance to make good on it. If nothing got resolved I'd buy the kit, do it myself and move on. I wouldn't be all happy about it, but life's too short to bicker about some things. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow. I've been called petty and told to get off my ass - you guys crack me up. So many of you are such similar asses it's hard to keep you straight. I didn't take the vehicle in for this - I had a few other warranty items which needed to be taken care of. I simply added the Armor Dillo to the list when it was pointed out on this forum that GM realizes it is a legitimate fix for a real problem on their products. It's not petty at all to expect superior service when one "has the money" which I have spent at this dealership. In fact, NOT expecting and demanding this kind of service is what allows manufactureres like GM to continue to charge $60k for a vehicle with cheap black plastic bumpers that fade to gray in a year or so. As for "getting off my ass," I pay others to get off theirs and fix little problems like this, Alec. I make enough money in the 5 minutes you are talking about to hire someone else to do it. BTW, if you think so little of your employees, why not hire some new ones?

Sean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And for what it's worth, prefacing your comment with "Dude" was appreciated - it allowed me to know, in advance, that the words would hardly be worth reading. Calling men Dude went out with Spicolli and Mr. Hand in the '80s.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:05 AM

Bondage is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 4CHURCHILL:
We own Parkway too...It is one of our other dealerships. I believe that our service dept down there is pretty damn good. Sounds to me like you should have a problem with GM and them not wanting to pay the dealer, rather then the dealer not wanting to work for free </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ummmm..you own Parkway in Valencia? I smell some serious BS here.

Sean
Old 10-10-2005, 10:59 AM
Hummer Professional

Hummertech is off the scale

To all who say that GM won't pay for this on a Hummer you are wrong. I have done this several times and each time the claim has been paid.
Your dealership may not have a good warranty claim department and may not know the best way to submit the claim, but it could get paid.
They also have 2 other options, the first is to call their GM service rep, explain the situation, and the rep would almost definately give it an OK, or they could just do it at their cost as a courtesy service to you.
After all, you just bought 1,000 in maint.
What dealer would not do that for you if you just spent that much?
Old 10-10-2005, 11:09 AM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 4CHURCHILL:
We own Parkway too...It is one of our other dealerships. I believe that our service dept down there is pretty damn good. Sounds to me like you should have a problem with GM and them not wanting to pay the dealer, rather then the dealer not wanting to work for free </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ummmm..you own Parkway in Valencia? I smell some serious BS here.

Sean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't say for sure but I think what Church was saying is that the same parent company that owns the dealership that he works at owns Parkway. Could be wrong but that is how I took it.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 10-10-2005, 11:16 AM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Sean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And for what it's worth, prefacing your comment with "Dude" was appreciated - it allowed me to know, in advance, that the words would hardly be worth reading. Calling men Dude went out with Spicolli and Mr. Hand in the '80s. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why do you keep quoting my post and talking about other posts in your replys?

Is that Burt Reynolds in your avatar?