H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 05-25-2005, 11:42 PM

RT0870 is off the scale

You contact a dealer with the EXACT features you want on an H3, and you ask them to contact you if they have one coming in that fits your description.....and then they call you, get you all hot-n-bothered by saying they have the EXACT match coming in......only to find out IT'S NOT?

For instance, I want Gray, Adv. Pkg., Auto, S/R, CD/MP3/Monsoon, and a hitch.....THAT'S ALL. NO CHROME, NO ROOF RACK, NO XM, NO NERF BARS, NO BRUSHBAR, etc. And yet, I get three calls today, saying they have the "EXACT" vehicle coming in.....with chrome, brushbar, and XM.

What is the deal? Exact means exact means exact.........jeez.

Has anyone else had this problem?
Old 05-25-2005, 11:42 PM

RT0870 is off the scale

You contact a dealer with the EXACT features you want on an H3, and you ask them to contact you if they have one coming in that fits your description.....and then they call you, get you all hot-n-bothered by saying they have the EXACT match coming in......only to find out IT'S NOT?

For instance, I want Gray, Adv. Pkg., Auto, S/R, CD/MP3/Monsoon, and a hitch.....THAT'S ALL. NO CHROME, NO ROOF RACK, NO XM, NO NERF BARS, NO BRUSHBAR, etc. And yet, I get three calls today, saying they have the "EXACT" vehicle coming in.....with chrome, brushbar, and XM.

What is the deal? Exact means exact means exact.........jeez.

Has anyone else had this problem?
Old 05-25-2005, 11:46 PM

firm is off the scale

You may have to order it. I called my dealer today to make sure that he had an order receipt and a VIN number. He's getting back to me......waiting....
Old 05-26-2005, 12:21 AM
Hummer Professional

DeLeon is off the scale

The same happened to me... I didn't want to order before driving the H3 but since any dealer near here is getting a demo any time soon I decided to go ahead and order (after reading some positive reviews I was sure the H3 was the right SUV for me), so I went ahead and called my dealer to let them know what I wanted( a Gray, Adv. Pkg., Auto, S/R, CD/MP3/Monsoon, Chrome Package, Chrome Wheels, Brush Guard, Chrome Steps and Hitch ), they called me yesterday and told me that they had the exact features that I wanted, so I drove 120 Miles to get there and then I found out that they have one BUT the one that they offered me had NO CHROME PACKAGE, NO SIDE STEPS, NO BRUSH GUARD, NO CHROME WHEELS and It had an XM radio and a CD Changer that I don't want!!! They said they can add most of the chrome, but they were not sure about being able to add the chrome door handles and mirror caps, so I'll have to wait. I don't want the XM radio either but they said they can't take it away, I thought that was possible...

Anyway, since the truck will be there in 7 days I will check it out and maybe even get it if they can add the extra features that I want, I really want to get in that truck NOW!! Will have to sell the XM in ebay because I really don't need it.. anyone interested?
Old 05-26-2005, 12:26 AM
Hummer Professional

oneworld is off the scale

Dont feel so bad guys I ordered 4/9/05 and my dealer f----d up the order and my H3 will come in with the wrong interior, and no adventure pack, so I have to reorder after waiting all this time
Old 05-26-2005, 12:32 AM

RT0870 is off the scale

That sucks with both lips!!

Precisely the reason I don't want to order. Murphy's Law governs my life.

Also, Gray is the color of choice RIGHT NOW, but I may change my mind after I see the Black up close, or even the Yellow.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:59 AM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeLeon: Will have to sell the XM in ebay because I really don't need it.. anyone interested? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The XM is only active for 90 days.. unless the dealer sets it up for longer. At least that's what happened with my SUT. So after that, if you don't renew, you just have regular FM/ AM anyhow/ CD Changer anyhow. So that's not so bad.
Old 05-26-2005, 01:07 AM

lexpro is off the scale

They had a promo for 2 years free XM this month...i got it on my new SUT
Old 05-26-2005, 01:34 AM
Hummer Professional

DeLeon is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The XM is only active for 90 days.. unless the dealer sets it up for longer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah.. that's what my dealer told me, but I don't want to pay $350 for someting that I will not be using, I'd rather spend that money in the roof lights, dvd or whatever that I can actually USE!

Somebody said that the dealer would "remove" the XM radio if he didn't wanted.. do you remember who that was? I really don't understand if I'm just paying for service or if I'm paying for equipment, $350 for 3 months of XM radio?! Doesn't make any sense to me...
Old 05-26-2005, 08:07 AM

baby_hummer is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lexpro:
They had a promo for 2 years free XM this month...i got it on my new SUT </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dan - from everything I've heard from you, it sounds like an H2 is a better deal all the way around: more vehicle for the dollar plus special incentives.

Plus the SUT is sooooo sweet. Do you haul much in it? Wondered how practical the truck bed is.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:08 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the problem you guys are bumping into is dealers really couldn't order specific vehicles right out of the box. If you placed an order, be prepared to wait a while longer for the factory to begin making specific vehicles. The dealer should just tell you the truth. This was what happened when the SUT first came out.

Also, the dealers are just trying to sell what they have coming in and keep you from buying something else. They have some mighty fine buildings that need to be paid for.
Old 05-26-2005, 02:19 PM

RT0870 is off the scale

KenP

Yep, I agree....just trying to sell, sell, sell.

That's all well and good, but, for me, I don't want to waste their time, and I sure don't want them to waste mine. Honesty is a big deal to me.

I may not be the brightest bulb on the tree......but I'm sure not the one that's flickering.......
Old 05-26-2005, 05:27 PM

lexpro is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by baby_hummer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lexpro:
They had a promo for 2 years free XM this month...i got it on my new SUT </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dan - from everything I've heard from you, it sounds like an H2 is a better deal all the way around: more vehicle for the dollar plus special incentives.

Plus the SUT is sooooo sweet. Do you haul much in it? Wondered how practical the truck bed is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I bought mine for almost 6000 back of invoice...59000 truck for 49006 and got everything i wanted and more(2 years XM) especially if you are leasing or doing a smartbuy you will get a similar payment on a more expensive vehicle...the bed is very useful for me....