H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 04-09-2005, 12:40 PM
Hummer Professional

funpilot is off the scale

On a forum for the Colorado (same engine as our H3), there is a very long post detailing the development of a turbo for that engine. Looks like it will go over 400hp to the wheels although we may not be able to get that much because of our tranny. I already posted a question to the company asking them if they plan to do it for the H3.

http://coloradofans.com/viewtopic.php?t=8746
Old 04-09-2005, 12:40 PM
Hummer Professional

On a forum for the Colorado (same engine as our H3), there is a very long post detailing the development of a turbo for that engine. Looks like it will go over 400hp to the wheels although we may not be able to get that much because of our tranny. I already posted a question to the company asking them if they plan to do it for the H3.

http://coloradofans.com/viewtopic.php?t=8746
Old 04-09-2005, 04:07 PM
Hummer Expert

H3 Builder is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to tell you the Turbo is dead in favor something better to come in about 24 months.
Old 04-10-2005, 01:15 AM
Hummer Professional

I am not talking about a turbo from Hummer, I am talking about an aftermarket one. So, this could be of interest to the early buyers. I got a reply that the company will be building one for the H3 later on.
Old 04-10-2005, 03:43 AM
Hummer Expert

H3 Builder is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry for that. But for most the 5 will be enough. I've had a number that have tested them around the plant and they agree with me that it has good get up and go.
Old 04-11-2005, 02:28 AM
Hummer Professional

killian is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H3 Builder:
Sorry to tell you the Turbo is dead in favor something better to come in about 24 months. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

H3 Alpha?
Old 04-11-2005, 06:55 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

I heard they weren't sure if the H3 Alpha would be a 6 or small block v-8. With gas I bet the new V-6 3.2 I think
Old 04-21-2005, 11:27 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Working with a Performance Shop and a turbo designer in Arkansas prototyping a turbo for the Colorado. Hope to have it done in 2 to 3 weeks. We have decided the natural progression will be to take it a little farther and do one for the H3 also. Most parts will be the same since they both have same engine and chasis. Hope We can get it done in a few months. We are working hard on it. I'm going Friday or Sat. to check up on it and see where We are. I have made a deal for a company to mandrel bend all the tubing and do any or all powder coating for the kits.
I would be interested to see how many would be intersted in H3 or even Colorado turbo kit. Please PM Me and let Me know what You think. I hope We can make it work. I have a Hummer dealer who has already agreed to loan Us an H3 for a short time to see what alterations to the Colorado kit will need to be made to work on H3. If We are successful We will furnish them to Him and do the installs if He wants. We are negotiating with some programmers on how We will want to tune it. Either with a handheld or just a PCM change.
Please let Me know so I can see if H3 will be worth it, dealer wants I guess if nothing else a sales tool and something to add on if wanted. vthat is where they make allot oftheir money anyway is add ons. I hope We can make H3 work but, when designing something new a lot of the time it looks better on the drawing board than in real life.
We have already gotten overwhelming response for Colorado. It will be a for sure thing.
If H3 does not have the interest I would rather save the expense now and drop it.
I will be very grateful for Your feedback.
Thanks
TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 04-21-2005, 11:36 PM
Hummer Professional

HoKC is off the scale

I will be interested to hear how it does with all the rumors of the I5 not being able to handle the Turbo.
Old 04-22-2005, 01:56 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

I'll let You know in a few weeks.
TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 04-22-2005, 09:59 AM
Hummer Professional

I too will follow what you do closely....... I have a deposit on an H3.