H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2013, 01:52 AM
Elcova Newbie

spospolita is on a distinguished road
Default Are you as unhappy as me?

I have a 2007 Hummer H3 Tactical Edition with 83,500 miles and I have owned it since it was new. I have never taken my car off road and still I am replacing stuff like I have sent my car to hell and back. I have had to replace everything after the warranty period. To date I have replaced my exhaust manifold pipe, wiper motors, radiator and accessories, a/c condenser and accessories, gas cap, purge vent valve, vent solenoid. My radiator had the cracking at the top by the fill cap but the reason why I had to have mine replaced was because the transmission cooling lines that run through it broke and pumped my overflow container full of transmission fluid. When I had the radiator replaced they drained my tranny and told me some of the radiator fluid had made its way in to the tranny and could cause problems later down the road. I still can't get my car to pass inspection because of evap issues and it looks like I will have to also replace my evap canister and/or my evap pressure sensor. I also have the intermittent problem that others have spoke of when braking at a light it feels like my car is going to stall out and then it comes back to life. I emailed the hummer customer service website and surprisingly they responded back very quickly. They questioned why I did not have the repairs done through a GM dealership and I explained to them that I was out of warranty at the time and I did not want to pay dealership prices for out of pocket repairs. I asked them if they would cover the cost of the repairs if I took it to a dealership even though my vehicle was out of warranty and they said no but it would help document the problems and if it was determined to be manufacturer defects and not just normal wear and tear they may be able to do something. They also harped on the fact that I have not taken my car in yet for the hood louver safety recall and wanted to know when I was going to do so. I explained to them that I wanted to fix all the things that make my car drive first before I fix my hood louvers. I further explained that I installed hood handles and I did not pay a dealership $200 to install them so even if I did have the recall done they would blame that the hood louvers flew off because of my hood handles and I would not be covered anyways. I wish there was an easy way to make GM own up to the fact that they put out a product with defective parts and then just washed their hands of it by dropping the entire line. Sorry for being long winded.....I just needed to vent just like my evap system.