H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 06-23-2006, 03:19 PM
Hummer Expert

DarthKarl is off the scale
Default Re: gota recall in the mail yesterday for the jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop
Won't recall roof rails.

I thought GM was planning on recalling the cracked roof rails at some point. Did I miss something?
Old 06-24-2006, 04:52 PM
Hummer Veteran

MajorGeek is off the scale

Was the jack change a simple in and out?
Old 06-24-2006, 05:10 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

mine is 3 weeks old hope they did them before I picked it up
Old 06-24-2006, 06:03 PM
Hummer Veteran

NM H3 is off the scale

Did mine while they changed the oil. Not that I know what it was like before, but looks the same, in the same spot.
Old 06-24-2006, 07:14 PM
Hummer Professional

Scouts Out is an unknown quantity at this point

I still have no recall notice or even a phone call from my dealer who "promised" I would be among the first to get the roof rails. Go figure, a GM dealer not being up to date on the recalls or replacement parts. I do love my H3, I am beginning to remember why I had not bought a GM in the past 16 years

Superior Blue, Adventure Package, Roof mounted off road lights, Auto, 6 Disk Monsoon with XM, Brush Guard, Tire Cover, Husky mud flaps, flat steps, black fuel door.

Other Cars.....

1980 Triumph TR8 3.5 litre V8
Old 06-24-2006, 07:32 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

Is the notice going to all h3 or by vin # ?.

I have a lot of stuff stowed in there ( tire repair kit, 25 foot coil air hose ,first aid kit, jack board,jumper cables,2 air gauges, 6 bungee cords and the lock for the spare) I probobly will empty it before bringing it to the dealer so when reloaded I will have no raddles.

Ill probobly wait till they can do the roof rails at the same time.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 06-24-2006, 09:04 PM
Steve - SanJose

Got mine yesterday, and I'll get the rear washer fixed hopefully at the same time.

S.
Old 06-25-2006, 02:47 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouts Out
I still have no recall notice or even a phone call from my dealer who "promised" I would be among the first to get the roof rails. Go figure, a GM dealer not being up to date on the recalls or replacement parts. I do love my H3, I am beginning to remember why I had not bought a GM in the past 16 years

Don't fly off and blame the dealer. The campaign being discussed on this thread is for a rear jack, and it was just issued, and it is issued by GM, not the dealer. So, why is that the dealers fault? In addition, it only covers VINs 68100001 through 68190036, so your vehicle may not be in the range to be recalled. If your vehicle is in the range, you should have, or will receive a letter from GM.

As for the new roof rails, they are not released by GM, yet. So, again, how is this the dealers fault.

I'll be the first to blame a dealer for bad service, or other reasons, but I will also defend a dealer when the problems you list are probably NOT their fault.
Old 06-25-2006, 02:50 AM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourfourto
Is the notice going to all h3 or by vin # ?.

I have a lot of stuff stowed in there ( tire repair kit, 25 foot coil air hose ,first aid kit, jack board,jumper cables,2 air gauges, 6 bungee cords and the lock for the spare) I probobly will empty it before bringing it to the dealer so when reloaded I will have no raddles.

Ill probobly wait till they can do the roof rails at the same time.

Doesn't all that stuff rattle around in there? How do you have it fastened? I'm curious, since I might steal your idea for a few items such as booster cables, tire repair kit and snake bite kit.
Old 06-25-2006, 03:41 AM
Hummer Professional

Scouts Out is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry Fstop... a little more detail, called the dealer on Friday and spoke to the Service manager, he said he had no information on it and could not imagine a recall for a jack. Once again.... the roof rails.... he said he did not even beleive there was going to be a replacement plan. Yet some how in April when I was in he and I had a look at my rails and talked about the replacement supposedly being in soon so he asked not to have to replace my cracked ones since they would crck again. Up until today I only had stellar things to say about the dealer, now I am hoping I caught the service manager at a bad time.

Superior Blue, Adventure Package, Roof mounted off road lights, Auto, 6 Disk Monsoon with XM, Brush Guard, Tire Cover, Husky mud flaps, flat steps, black fuel door.

Other Cars.....

1980 Triumph TR8 3.5 litre V8
Old 06-25-2006, 04:04 AM
Hummer Guru

Its in there tight the tire kits in a soft bag to left on bottom ,a foldable shovel in bag on left, the coil hose also to left sitting on a rag so lower fitting dont raddle, the air gauges with small hose are attached to the jack useing the straps of the jack,A tow strap on left side of jack held in place by jack strap ,the 6 pack of bunge cords in pouch on bottom in front of jack,the jack board( 1 foot by 1 foot that I had from murano)I never needed to use it hope its big enough for H3)to right side behind it some cheap small jumper cables in pouch ,in front of board a first aid kit wedged in so no raddles and theres a factory spot on jack carpet for spare lock key.I think I mentioned everything in there I forget.You can get a lot of stuff in there.

Ill take a pic and list it tommorrow of what you see from front view,most of the stuff is hidden and not used often.

I have my second air hose (20 feet small coil)for on board air under hood behind batery in a pouch,it sits snug and dont raddle.Also on compressor a magnetic hide a key compartment for 2 ball neadles and 2 plastic adapters for air bed,infatable rafts ,ect.

In the drivers side back compartment (I didnt get monsoon so I have a extra compartment )a tool kit and a fire
extinguisher
. the back passanger side compartment- A A/C convertor ,shake flashlight and a poncho,baseball cap and a couple rags.

DAM my vin is 6811.... I guess i'll get a letter.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.

Last edited by fourfourto : 06-25-2006 at 04:35 AM.
Old 06-25-2006, 04:30 AM
Hummer Authority

westhillsat is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Don't fly off and blame the dealer. The campaign being discussed on this thread is for a rear jack, and it was just issued, and it is issued by GM, not the dealer. So, why is that the dealers fault? In addition, it only covers VINs 68100001 through 68190036, so your vehicle may not be in the range to be recalled. If your vehicle is in the range, you should have, or will receive a letter from GM.

No letter for me, mine is 6822
Old 06-25-2006, 06:08 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMTECH is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the defence F5, I am the Hummer tech at A Hummer dealer and this is the first i've heard of this recall notice, have had no info from GM forwarded to me. It's frustrating because usually we find the customers seem to get notified before we do about recalls unless we look them up on A daily basis on si, which would be too time consuming as A flat rate tech. A lot more simple to just be surprised by the customer. Also recall letters will be sent out to customers only as parts become available, which is why some will get them sooner than others.
Old 06-25-2006, 01:03 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMTECH
Thanks for the defence F5, I am the Hummer tech at A Hummer dealer and this is the first i've heard of this recall notice, have had no info from GM forwarded to me. It's frustrating because usually we find the customers seem to get notified before we do about recalls unless we look them up on A daily basis on si, which would be too time consuming as A flat rate tech. A lot more simple to just be surprised by the customer. Also recall letters will be sent out to customers only as parts become available, which is why some will get them sooner than others.

True, I believe this is a Customer Satisfaction recall, not a NHTSA required recall (although by Law, GM has to report any recall to NHTSA or the EPA). The letters could go out in waves; possibly by alphabetical order, or by VIN sequence.

As for roof rails, last time I talked with someone, they were supposed to have new ones in the parts system for replacement. I do not know what the problem is with the delay. I do know they were bringing a new supplier to make the new rails with new specs. Possibly, there is a problem with the new supplier coming on board.

With the business climate in MI and the auto industry as a whole, the new supplier may have gone out of business; I honestly don't know. But what ever the reason, it is not the fault of the dealer. A few months ago, GM issued a preliminary bulletin to the dealers stating there would be new roof rails in a few months, that would not crack and the A-pillar moldings would fit better. It stated the bulletin would be updated, when the new rails become available. I

If I was a dealer, I would read this bulletin and tell a customer to wait for replacement of the rails until the new ones come along. I know from my experience, you cannot see the cracks unless you look right at them, and it would be better to wait.

So, please give the dealer some slack in these issues. It appears he is being honest, and trying to be helpful.

As for "jacks" being recalled; hell, back in the 90s GM recalled engine dipsticks. Mailed them to the customer with a letter that stated if they could not handle the replacement, a dealer will do it for them. Ford did a recall back in the 90s to add a small sticker to the brake module, that you could not even read after install, unless you stood on your head in the engine compartment. Again, mailed to the customer, I did it for a girlfriend I had back in TN. Saturn just did a recall for a environmental sticker that affected ONLY three cars; two were in dealer stock.
Old 06-25-2006, 03:06 PM
Hummer Guru

Pic of jack compartment
Attached Images

Old 06-25-2006, 03:10 PM
Hummer Guru

Pic under hood ,the air hose for compressor behind battery in water proof clear bag(dollar store),the ball neadle and adapters for inflatables on front of compressor in a magnetic hide a key container(2 for $2.99 at pep boys)
Attached Images

Old 06-25-2006, 06:16 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Pic of jack compartment

Are you a packaging engineer?
Old 06-25-2006, 06:26 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Are you a packaging engineer?

I can pack 10 pounds of s h i t in a 5 pound bag .

If I remove everything for new jack Im going to weigh it I dont think theres more than 10 to 15 pounds in there and beleve it or not everything is easy enough to get to.

Watch out T & A im a packer from way back
Old 06-25-2006, 06:50 PM
Hummer Expert

evldave is off the scale

Quote:
Watch out T & A im a packer from way back

Got fudge?
Old 06-26-2006, 06:54 PM
Hummer Veteran

FishnMan is off the scale

Isn't there an official name for a 5 pound bag full of ten pounds of ****?