H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H1 Discussion Forums > General H1 Discussion

Old 10-18-2005, 09:00 PM
Hummer Novice

rsm688 is off the scale

alright well im a newbee on this forum...but a friend of mines hummer had a tree fall on it do to the hurricane...its a 95 soft top...the hood is trashed and the back bed is beat up pretty bad...where is the cheapest place for replacement parts and how much do you think were looking at here? how difficult is it to install a new hood and bed section? ive done a lot of work on jeeps and bronco's but never a hummer before...any tips?

thanks
spencer
Old 10-18-2005, 09:12 PM
Hummer Novice

rsm688 is off the scale

whoops i just realize i clicked the wrong sections...will one of the mods move this to the tech section?
Old 10-18-2005, 11:10 PM
Hummer Expert

Beastmaster is off the scale

The hood is easily replaceable. Get a surplus HMMWV hood from eBay and paint it up the same color.

Rear section - it all depends on what actually got damaged. Pictures would be nice.

As a rule - Body parts for 97 and up are the only ones generally available. There are enough minor changes from 95 to now that you would have to modify parts slightly to fix things.

The truck is modular. Get the parts you need, remove the old parts, put the new ones on, prime, paint, and off you go.

However, cost is a different story. For example, if you needed to replace the two fenders, each fender is over 1k apiece.

It's not a do-it-yourself thing either. You need the right rivets and tools.

The best thing to estimate what you are in for is this:

Get the 95-96 Parts and Service Manual, and also get the 2002-2003 Parts and Service Manual. The 95-95 CD will give you what you need to look for, and the 2003 CD will allow you to cross reference to the latest part #.

Then, call a dealer. You're not going to find parts like this on the open market. And don't count on the dealer (unless they are one of the premier ones like Lynch, Scottsdale, or one like them) being able to work with you either.

Again, pics are key. If we see what's wrong, more of us can help out.

-Steve
Old 10-19-2005, 01:21 AM
Hummer Novice

rsm688 is off the scale

i will get pictures as soon as possible...cost isnt reaaly an issue, the guy has a good bit of money...this is just his toy and if i help him fix it i get to borrow it whenever i want, thats the reason im doing this..he is paying for all the body parts and has a friend in the business that can get parts, he is a worldwide jeweler and doesnt have time to work on it himself... i actually havent seen it yet im going to take a look at it soon and find out....
Old 01-29-2006, 01:50 PM

action is off the scale

Did your friend ever get the parts he needed. I can beat dealer prices on new parts. Shipping is no problem either, no matter how big or heavy.

Jason actionj101@aol.com