H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 07-18-2008, 06:17 PM
Hummer Authority

NJ H2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default REPLACEMENT E&G CLASSIC FENDER FLAIR = $375.00 FOR 1 FLAIR!

REPLACEMENT E&G CLASSIC FENDER FLAIR = $375.00 FOR 1 FLAIR!

I have a set of E&G Classics that I purchased about 1.5 years ago. I didn't look close enough when they were initially delivered to me and just found out that I was shipped 2 rear passenger side fender flairs and no driver?s side. My mistake.
So I contact E&G Classics to find out if there is anything they can do for me. I left 2 messages with no call back, and then on my 3rd try I was able to get Dan on the phone. Dan is the National Sales Manager for E&G Classics, Inc. I told him what happened and he asked me where I purchased them from, I said: "I honestly can't remember. I did a ton of aftermarket items so I truly have no clue. Dan proceeds to tell me that without the name of the place I bought those from he can't help me!
I said what happens if I broke a flair wheeling or in an accident ? how could I replace just that single flair? Dan reluctantly says ?uhhhhh ? well ? let me see what I can do? Maybe I can get the price and part number for you. So Dan says he will find out the correct part number and cost for me.
He calls me back today and gives me the part# 5308240603u (left rear) and gives me a price of $375.00 for this 1 single flair!!
I said ?how could you charge $375.00 for 1 flair when the cost for all 4 flairs is $429.00?? The arrogance was pouring from this guy when he said ?it is what it is.? I asked him if that would be the same cost if I broke 1 wheeling and needed a replacement, and he said that?s the cost $375.00!
I told him I would never buy E&G products again! Not to mention that it was going to be posted on the forum so people know how much E&G Classics charges for replacement parts! When I mentioned the HUMMER Forum his arrogance disappeared but it was too late for him to start to backpedal.
So keep in mind before you buy E&G Classics, that the cost is insane to replace just 1flair!

Old 07-20-2008, 10:20 PM
Hummer Professional

Metallic Red is on a distinguished road
Default Re: REPLACEMENT E&G CLASSIC FENDER FLAIR = $375.00 FOR 1 FLAIR!

Sorry to here that you got jerked around like that.
I was also looking into getting those E&G Classics for the H2, but the cheapest I could find was over 700.00 now from what you said I'm kinda glad I didn't and I do value most of the reveiws of different products by people on this forum, I think in the long run we keep each other from making costly mistakes. Thanks for your input

Ed
Old 07-23-2008, 05:54 AM
Hummer Authority

RuggedH2 is on a distinguished road

Been there done that also...... smashed both of the rear guards..... Heard what they want to replace them and bagged it.

They are stupid..... if they sold them for 100 bucks each, I probably would have replaced both of them (still would have been robbery.. but I probably would have paid it).

They might have 10 bucks in cost in both of them.... total.

Last edited by RuggedH2 : 07-23-2008 at 05:56 AM.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:48 PM
Hummer Veteran

SummitUp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ H2
I said ?how could you charge $375.00 for 1 flair when the cost for all 4 flairs is $429.00??
That part # is for the EG Classics Off-Road flairs. Where did you find these flairs for $429.00? They sell everywhere online for close to $750.00 (such as <Here> and <Here>).

$375.00 for one flair is still HiWay robbery if you ask me!
Old 07-23-2008, 04:10 PM
Hummer Authority

I like the way they look on the truck.

I wheel this truck a lot. The E&G's break easy and if you wheel...... you will break them.

I may have no choice down the road but to buy another set to replace the ones I break...... but if they were not already on the rig, I don't think I would put them on........ especially knowing what the individual piece replacement cost is.

Most buyers of the product have no idea what it would cost them to replace any broken pieces.

E&G is only concerned with making as much as they can with whole sets. If they really intended these for 4x4's they should sell the replacement parts at about the 1/12th or even 1/10th or hell even 1/6 th the cost of the entire kit (There are 12 parts involved plus hardware).

Decent product.......Turd company.

Old 07-23-2008, 04:11 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Great info, Jimski. thanks for sharing.

Sounds like E&G has pretty crappy customer service.

This should be a "Sticky" for awhile.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:50 AM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitUp
That part # is for the EG Classics Off-Road flairs. Where did you find these flairs for $429.00? They sell everywhere online for close to $750.00 (such as <Here> and <Here>).

$375.00 for one flair is still HiWay robbery if you ask me!

The flairs you are talking about are the wider (3.5 inch) version with the rivets. The flairs I have are (2.5 inch) no rivets
I bet they charge $600.00 for 1 of the wider flairs

Old 07-24-2008, 02:47 PM
Elcova Newbie

clawdaddy is on a distinguished road

Please remember, don't believe everything that you read on the internet. I only ask two things from a customer that contacts E&G for service, honesty and a little personal responsibility. First, as a manufacturer, we do not sell directly to the public. We send folks back to the dealer/distrubutor where the item was purchased. This is the first step. Personally, as car guy, I've never waited 18 months to place a purchased accessory on my vehicle. This is what I was told by this forum member. Does it happen? Probably, but not very often. Second, I make a reasonable living and try to manage my money the best that I can, but I don't own "20 or 30" credit cards as was stated to me as the reason the customer couldn't tell me where or when it was purchased. Most reseasonable people keep decent credit card records on where an item was originally "purchased" just in case you need this type of service down the road without a ton of detective work. Even many years later.... Purchasing a replacement flare directly from the selling dealer would be around $100 (damaged) or getting a no charge replacement from E&G on an exchange issue like "two right rear flares" out of the box would have been made easy with only a little bit of "common sense" & "personal responsibility". Thank you Dan Clawson E&G Classics
Old 07-24-2008, 08:17 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by clawdaddy
Please remember, don't believe everything that you read on the internet. I only ask two things from a customer that contacts E&G for service, honesty and a little personal responsibility. First, as a manufacturer, we do not sell directly to the public. We send folks back to the dealer/distrubutor where the item was purchased. This is the first step. Personally, as car guy, I've never waited 18 months to place a purchased accessory on my vehicle. This is what I was told by this forum member. Does it happen? Probably, but not very often. Second, I make a reasonable living and try to manage my money the best that I can, but I don't own "20 or 30" credit cards as was stated to me as the reason the customer couldn't tell me where or when it was purchased. Most reseasonable people keep decent credit card records on where an item was originally "purchased" just in case you need this type of service down the road without a ton of detective work. Even many years later.... Purchasing a replacement flare directly from the selling dealer would be around $100 (damaged) or getting a no charge replacement from E&G on an exchange issue like "two right rear flares" out of the box would have been made easy with only a little bit of "common sense" & "personal responsibility". Thank you Dan Clawson E&G Classics

Dan,

I did contact my original dealer about replacing the broken rear mud guard pieces on my E&G kit. They informed me that the replacement costs of the individual pieces was "exorbitant" from you guys, so I bagged it.

I was told "it would be over $200.00 each for the two separate pieces" by the dealer.

I will attempt to contact them again about replacing those mud guards at $100.00 each and post here what happens.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt because I believe the dealer was going on past experience with E&G when he quoted me that information. But he did later say he checked on it and would let me know if he could get a better price. I didn't hear back. He knew I thought that price was ridiculous.

Wheelin' will break things, but the things we put on the rigs can't be replaced at several times their original cost...... or we won't put them on.

Name:  IMG_1449 (Medium).JPG
Views: 1188
Size:  90.0 KB

Missing bumper pieces

Name:  IMG_1809 (Medium).JPG
Views: 1287
Size:  125.9 KB

Last edited by RuggedH2 : 07-24-2008 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Checked my documentation for correct facts and amended post
Old 07-24-2008, 08:54 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Jim, I believe you were just called an irresponsible liar by Dan of E&G.

I don't get why the two wrong parts can't be exchanged by E&G anyway. Seems pretty simple to fix and great customer service.

I bought a Weber smoker on EBay a few weeks ago. It was open box and was missing a few parts, I knew this when I purchased it. It even came from a non-authorized seller. I called Weber and told them what I needed fully prepared to pay for the parts.

Guess what, they sent me everything I needed... no charge. They even registered it and another Weber I have that I'd forgotten to register and was too irresponsible to retain the credit card receipt.

Guess what grill company I glowingly speak of and will get my money for years?

Last edited by KenP : 07-24-2008 at 08:58 PM.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:05 PM
Hummer Authority

It's not my business to tell Dan how to run his company and I don't know where he thinks the profit is coming from.....

However, I am a customer of his. Money already exchanged hands for his product. There is already a relationship there. All the money out for marketing got us where we are.

Now I'm in need of more product from them, they didn't need to spend another dime for my business this time. They have the product in stock and I need more........ I already have the product bolted to my truck. So now they want me to pay several times the individual price of the parts in the kit.... piece per piece.

They could charge slightly more and I would pay it......but the price quoted was ridiculous. If you bought the whole kit piece by piece that would make the kit cost over $2,500.00.

I like the kit and I like the way it looks on my rig. It does provide the wheel coverage I need for 38" tall 14.50 wide tires. BUT..... I know what this kit is and I can see that these pieces don't cost that much to manufacture. As a customer.......I know I'm getting screwed at that price! This kit was made to fit H2's...... H2's are made to go off road.

Dealers can't afford to buy the kits and stock the pieces for replacement for their customers....... the manufacturer has to be able to do that. Come on man..... we wheel these rigs, you know that the product can't survive the occasional rock or heavy tree branch..... make it possible to replace the required parts at a fair price and you will make additional profit.

If people know that they can't do this..... they won't buy the product to begin with. That's why I posted on this thread.

Name:  IMG_1202 (Medium).JPG
Views: 1244
Size:  91.9 KB

Name:  IMG_1473 (Medium).JPG
Views: 1153
Size:  119.6 KB

Last edited by RuggedH2 : 07-24-2008 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Sentence structure
Old 07-25-2008, 06:05 AM
Hummer Authority

Quote:

Your response just goes to show what king of person you are. First of all I asked you if there was anything you could do to help me. You were extremely reluctant to help. My personable responseability came into play when I offered to buy the correct flair since you wouldn't do the switch for me. You gave me a part number and price of $375.00 which is completely unreasonable. I asked you what would happen if I broke 1 and you said the price was the same $375.00. Now you’re changing your story and saying a damaged flair would only be $100.00?? Come on Dan which price is it? When you asked me to look at my credit card receipts from 1.5 years ago I truly started to laugh at you. I don’t have credit card receipts from 1.5 years ago and as I stated I purchased so many items for my H2 even if I did have the receipts how the hell am I supposed to know it was for the flairs? Obviously my telling you I have 20 to 30 credit cards was my way of telling you I don’t have any way to find the receipt. But lets say I did have that many, do you think my conversation with you about how many credit cadrs I have is something you should post in a forum … I mean what kind of business man are you??
The wind up is Dan form E&G:
  1. Reluctantly “helped” me
  2. Tried to teach me a lesson for not keeping my credit card receipt
  3. Quoted me a price of $375.00
  4. Showed your true colors by posting my credit card info on a forum
  5. Flipped Flopped the price down to $100.00
  6. Flipped Flopped again now telling me
“if you would send me one of the your new “right fender flares”, I would be happy to send you a left rear at no charge”.

But only after you flex your muscles and say:
1. “I’m out of touch”
2. Mention the credit card thing once again
3. Mention that I don’t keep records
Is this any way to treat your customers?
I was willing to pay for this item but had no idea you would try to rip me as well as others off. I don’t give a crap about the $ I would have paid a reasonable amount but you chose the rip-off route not me. I paid for your flairs and didn’t check them and that’s my mistake but for you to act like you did shows your true colors.

Here is Dan’s email to me received today:
__________________________________________________ __________________

I have posted a response….I’ll take my chances that most reasonable people in the forum… will see the situation for what it is. Sour grapes from an “out of touch” person with “20-30” credit cards that keeps no records at all. Not exactly mainstream….
I would be happy to help you anytime you can provide “reasonable” purchase information. Also, if you would send me one of the your new “right fender flares”, I would be happy to send you a left rear at no charge.

Thank you.

Dan

So Dan,

I only have 2 questions for you:

1. Is it really true that you now will be happy to do the switch to a left rear flair, if I send you 1 of my new right rear flairs?

2. Can other RuggedH2 really purchase new replacement flair for $100.00? and if so where?

Last edited by NJ H2 : 07-25-2008 at 06:11 AM.
Old 07-25-2008, 03:15 PM
Hummer Veteran

SummitUp is on a distinguished road

To Dan Clawson of E&G Classics:

Dan, it is obvious that you are totally clueless when it comes to customer service. And to think I was just hours away from ordering a set of the off road flairs for my H2.

You just lost a sale buddy!
Old 07-25-2008, 03:57 PM
Hummer Veteran

RCKSTR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenP
Jim, I believe you were just called an irresponsible liar by Dan of E&G.

I don't get why the two wrong parts can't be exchanged by E&G anyway. Seems pretty simple to fix and great customer service.

I bought a Weber smoker on EBay a few weeks ago. It was open box and was missing a few parts, I knew this when I purchased it. It even came from a non-authorized seller. I called Weber and told them what I needed fully prepared to pay for the parts.

Guess what, they sent me everything I needed... no charge. They even registered it and another Weber I have that I'd forgotten to register and was too irresponsible to retain the credit card receipt.

Guess what grill company I glowingly speak of and will get my money for years?

I bought a used Rancho 4" lift kit off ebay, missing all the hardware and 4 brackets. I contacted rancho, they sent me all the hardware and the missing brackets for free, even picked up the shipping! As far as im concerned, they have me as a customer for life. E&G will never see a dollar from me. Horrible customer service.
Old 07-25-2008, 05:28 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

So E&G didn;t quite handle this properly from the start. "It is what it is" has got to be one of the most rediculous comments a "sales professional" can make to a customer.

I can understand needing to know where the kit came from and when...for tracking purposes and possible warranty claim. I can undertand that.

To not offer an exchange of product (receiving the incorrect product back first) should have been done from the start.

As for the degrading comments from a "sales professional" to an end user, WTF were you thinking Dan? Is this your first day in the sales field?
Come on man, I'm not here to personally attck you, but it sound like you have a "I'm better than everyone else" stick shoved up your a$$.

It's good to see that Dan is offering up a fix for his customer, but his customer service skills are in need of help...esp if he's a manager with other employess under him.

I'm going to send E&G HR Dept a copy of this thread along with a good recomendation for a web based customer service clinic. I think this will prevent the sort of mishanlding and miscommunication from happening in teh future. Dan I hope you can appreciate constructive criticism.
Old 07-25-2008, 05:52 PM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

Not to mention, Dan you shouldn't post here without bothering to check WHO you're posting against. In any forum, the old established members will ALWAYS get benefit of the doubt. In this forum, being registered since Apr 2003, NJ H2 is practically a founding father...
Old 07-25-2008, 06:07 PM
Hummer Professional

pteam is on a distinguished road

I will never purchase from E&G classics now forever after seeing this. It is totally irresponsible from Dan to post his personal information. How many credit cards he has is not your responsibility to go and tell to the world. Oh and by the way I own 5 h2's, and you will never have me as a customer because of this.
Supercharged Viper 800 HP Special Edition #49 of 50
Porsche Boxster S

My Hummers:
08 H2, 22 in rims, 6 HID lights, 20 in TV with DVD
4 H2 limos 3 have lighted dance floors + ceilings, 1 has Zebra interior 24-26 passengers
H2 Limo 26 pass lighted dance floor (sold)
H2 Limo 24 pass (sold)
03 H2 (sold)
H1 Open top (sold)

FirstClassLimos.net - H2 limos and party buses in OH & PA

my car collection
Old 07-25-2008, 07:22 PM
Hummer Messiah

CO Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by timgco
So E&G didn;t quite handle this properly from the start. "It is what it is" has got to be one of the most rediculous comments a "sales professional" can make to a customer.

Hahaha! "It is what it is". He should be a football star. He's got the sports interview cliches down pat.

H2Finally has it right on. You don't jack with a 2003 member. E&G is definitely on the sh!t list until Dan pulls his head out of his butt and makes things right.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:36 PM
Hummer Professional

H2R is on a distinguished road

Business 101= rule 1

THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT!

O and I DID NEED A KIT TOO.
1974 Corvette conv. (454ci)
31ft Gulf Craft Boat
Old 07-25-2008, 07:38 PM
Hummer Authority

What we have here is a failure to communicate.

The E&G products we are talking about are specifically for H2's. There are probably more H2 owners on this site than could be found in one place....... anywhere else.

I'll bet most of them have seen E&G flares, through pics here, links, or having read about them here. I know I've seen it come up several times around here. Hell, I've told people where to get them and given them a good review here myself!

I posted on this thread after recently trying to replace some of mine that I broke. NJ H2 titled the thread along the lines of what I had recently learned myself...... that replacement parts from E&G were unconscionably overpriced!

I would bet that most people here who might be weighing whether or not to spend the money on the flares in the first place........ would elect not to do so, if they knew how much a single flare would cost them to replace if broken. I had no idea they were that ridiculous until I looked at replacing some of mine.

Now even if they forget about you insulting your customer......... they are still left knowing that you quoted $375.00 per replacement flare! If that is accurate (and we still don't know if it is) it would cost $4,500 to replace the parts in the kit, or force the customer to buy a new kit to replace two broken parts (at the same cost).

My dealer, going from past dealings with E&G told me similar to what NJ H2 wrote here.

So where is it Dan? Are replacement parts for people considering buying your kit $375.00 or are they $100.00?

I have already told my dealer to check into it for me again.

This might be a chance to make some money Dan, or it could be a chance to lose more customers at one time than you've ever had before.