H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 08-18-2006, 02:53 AM
Hummer Authority

Viet Nam Vette is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sinking of the Titanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve - SanJose
Nice first post! Ahoy.

S.

Quote:
The Captain of the Titanic should not have a drivers license.

S.

I just Pee-ed my self......ROTFLMFASO...and farting at the same time..

Last edited by Viet Nam Vette : 08-18-2006 at 02:56 AM.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:55 AM
Hummer Authority

Gotta Be an AE....
Old 08-18-2006, 03:01 AM
Banned

HIHUMMER is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve - SanJose
Nice first post! Ahoy.

S.

Insert photochop pic here?
Old 08-18-2006, 03:21 AM
Hummer Professional

Captain of the Titanic is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay,

Here's the poop

I was NEXT to the farm pond and slid sideways. It was newly dug and steep sided. Ergo the 1" of water on the left and 30" on the right.

Second, you are right, when the on-star failed, I CALLED hummer support. They were the jerks who acted like I was an idiot for being offroad.

Next, they said that any vehicle that was more than 20' off the edge of the road was not eligible for FREE towing. I was about 40' from the edge of the road.

As far as brains, from the posts, I can tell that I have considerable more brains that many of the repliers. Fortunately, I doubt they own Hummers. They are probably happily driving they hybrid Hondas around town not realizing that the batteries in hybrids are far more dangerous to the environment that our Hummers will ever be.

ALso, I HAVE the adventure package. Buying a Hummer without it would be like buying a vibrator for the wife and forgetting the batteries.

And as far as the locks, yes, I tried to manually unlock the doors, but could not seem to do so. The engine was also running until I was quickly pulled from the water by, (Turn red with embarrassment) a Durango. I opened the door, and put the H3 into park and everything shut off and locked up.

Sigh, I wish I had pictures, and should have, because my friend with the Durango chose to take pictures with his cell phone before pulling me out. Unfortunately they did not turn out.

The passenger seat was half-way under water (as well as the right side of the back seat) and I'm being told that the seat will only have to be cleaned, not replaced.

The repair list includes draining and replacing the fluids in the engine, transmission, brakes and diffs. Replacing the module under the passenger seat, as well as the passenger kick panel area. Replacing the wiring harnesses, one of which it looks like will have to come off the assembly line, since no dealership carries it yet.

I would love to say this will be my last posting of this kind, but due to my past episodes, I doubt it.

By the way, I hate to ask, but what's an AE? Annoying Environmentalist?

"He who lives by the sword, spends a lot of money repairing his H3"...

-The Captain

Last edited by Captain of the Titanic : 08-18-2006 at 03:25 AM.
Old 08-18-2006, 03:31 AM
Hummer Expert

ZigsRig is off the scale

This guy gives a bad name to tahoe owners

Very sorry to hear you cannot please your wife,

Give her my number
Old 08-18-2006, 03:32 AM
Hummer Guru

dеiтайожни is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain of the Titanic
I would love to say this will be my last posting of this kind, but due to my past episodes, I doubt it.

You might try keeping these kinds of posts to yourself in the future, it makes you sound like a bad driver.
Old 08-18-2006, 03:54 AM
Hummer Professional

Spoken like someone who is afraid to get his Hummer dirty....

What's the matter, does the mud scare you?

Some of us use these vehicles for what they were designed to be used for.

I suspect that that commie sign hides a Yankee Honda Driving Democrat...

-The Captain
Old 08-18-2006, 03:57 AM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

-The Captain

Can only assume you are talking to DEI here but have to say you are wrong. I have been with him when he got his H3 dirty

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 08-18-2006, 04:03 AM
Hummer Guru

dеiтайожни is on a distinguished road

Quote:

-The Captain

Old 08-18-2006, 04:29 AM
Hummer Guru

Hmmm2 is on a distinguished road
Wink Re: Sinking of the Titanic

Captain, you have to admit that in your original post you wrote several contradictions .. as, everything shutting down ie: OnStar, but then you actually spoke to OnStar. (In your next post you wrote that you spoke to Hummer, not OnStar (??). You said that you fortunately had your door open... but how could that be if your interior was flooding? And, that you couldn't unlock the your door manually (??), but, that your door was already open. When someone sees just the written word and not what you THINK you are writing .. it can only be taken at face value. You're undestandably getting defensive, but know that some of the stuff you wrote just didn't jive at this end .. and you have to know that so many of the members who had responded to you ARE true, 'dyed in the wool', Hummer off-roaders who have gone through so many once in a lifetime experiences while wheeling. Good luck to you.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:52 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

AE, AE, AE, AE, I smell an AE....

Why unlock the doors if they are already open. Still have not explained how you did the Onstar call if it was under water. First post, an H2 pulled you out, second post it is a Durango. Maybe to an AE a Durango and an H2 look similar.

I have to admit, at least the AEs are getting better, with posts that make a person think; versus the one-liners the other AEs write.

I have better things to do; like go to work. Oh, and your post number 4, has quite a few inconsistencies too; better go edit before others jump on it.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:55 PM
Banned

HIHUMMER is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Okay,

Here's the poop

Second, you are right, when the on-star failed, I CALLED hummer support. They were the jerks who acted like I was an idiot for being offroad. Bull****.

Next, they said that any vehicle that was more than 20' off the edge of the road was not eligible for FREE towing. I was about 40' from the edge of the road. Bull****. Try 3 miles off the road and they were happy to come get me if I couldn't get it back on my own.

ALso, I HAVE the adventure package. Buying a Hummer without it would be like buying a vibrator for the wife and forgetting the batteries. Lockers and vibrators are both for one thing.

Sigh, I wish I had pictures, and should have, because my friend with the Durango chose to take pictures with his cell phone before pulling me out. Unfortunately they did not turn out. A likely story.

The repair list includes draining and replacing the fluids in the engine, transmission, brakes and diffs. Replacing the module under the passenger seat, as well as the passenger kick panel area. Replacing the wiring harnesses, one of which it looks like will have to come off the assembly line, since no dealership carries it yet. All b/c you don't know how to drive. Tist Tist.

I would love to say this will be my last posting of this kind, but due to my past episodes, I doubt it. Could we even get so lucky to have you leave now!?

"He who lives by the sword, spends a lot of money repairing his H3"... "Those who don't know how to drive sink their H3's."

-The Captain

Old 08-18-2006, 02:31 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

can I play too, this looks like fun
Quote:
Okay,

Here's the poop

I was NEXT to the farm pond and slid sideways. It was newly dug and steep sided. Ergo the 1" of water on the left and 30" on the right. newly dug wouldn't be full of water, but what does newly dug have to do with steep sided? 1" of water on the left and 30" on the right doesn't equate to an interior full of water

Second, you are right, when the on-star failed, I CALLED hummer support. They were the jerks who acted like I was an idiot for being offroad.

Next, they said that any vehicle that was more than 20' off the edge of the road was not eligible for FREE towing. I was about 40' from the edge of the road. so, I'm guessing free towing is not for a vehicle in a driveway, parking lot, or even a grassy knoll How did they know you were 40' and not 20' off the road?

As far as brains, from the posts, I can tell that I have considerable more brains that many of the repliers. Fortunately, I doubt they own Hummers. They are probably happily driving they hybrid Hondas around town not realizing that the batteries in hybrids are far more dangerous to the environment that our Hummers will ever be. please excuse us if we don't take your word for that

ALso, I HAVE the adventure package. Buying a Hummer without it would be like buying a vibrator for the wife and forgetting the batteries. typical toyota owner, having to compensate for small penis syndrome

And as far as the locks, yes, I tried to manually unlock the doors, but could not seem to do so. The engine was also running until I was quickly pulled from the water by, (Turn red with embarrassment) a Durango. I opened the door, and put the H3 into park and everything shut off and locked up. O'tay. you tried to unlock the doors but they wouldn't. But you opened the door and put the H3 into Park???????? So, in this story, you would have gotten out through the window with the engine still running and the tranny still in Drive. But you were able to magically open the locked doors from the outside and put the still running AND IN DRIVE vehicle into park. K, gotcha

Sigh, I wish I had pictures, and should have, because my friend with the Durango chose to take pictures with his cell phone before pulling me out. Unfortunately they did not turn out.

The passenger seat was half-way under water (as well as the right side of the back seat) and I'm being told that the seat will only have to be cleaned, not replaced. doesn't add up with the 1" - 30" deally

The repair list includes draining and replacing the fluids in the engine, transmission, brakes and diffs. Replacing the module under the passenger seat, as well as the passenger kick panel area. Replacing the wiring harnesses, one of which it looks like will have to come off the assembly line, since no dealership carries it yet. should have left the wiring harness stuff off, that's just doesn't have any credibility

I would love to say this will be my last posting of this kind, but due to my past episodes, I doubt it. you're a schizo too?

"He who lives by the sword, spends a lot of money repairing his H3"...

-The Captain
Old 08-18-2006, 04:27 PM
Hummer Guru

Agriv8r is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Okay,

Here's the poop

I was NEXT to the farm pond and slid sideways. It was newly dug and steep sided. Ergo the 1" of water on the left and 30" on the right.

-The Captain

just a quick question on this...if the left is 1" and the right 30" what is the side slope angle of this?? 29" difference over a couple of foot wide truck? any math wizards want to take this on? is the truck still standing?

i think the opening line is the only truth
Old 08-18-2006, 04:28 PM
Hummer Guru

Agriv8r is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agriv8r
just a quick question on this...if the left is 1" and the right 30" what is the side slope angle of this?? 29" difference over a couple of foot wide truck? any math wizards want to take this on? is the truck still standing?

looking quickly here, it seems like the passenger door and window are probably underwater...maybe this was the reason for the leak/water intrusion
Old 08-18-2006, 05:46 PM
Hummer Authority

Ok..At this point we shoulld start trying to guess who the AE is...

Anyone......????
Old 08-18-2006, 06:01 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agriv8r

how wide is it from inside the door to inside the door.

To make the slope about 60% or about 31 degrees it would need to be about 50 inches across.
Old 08-18-2006, 08:17 PM
Hummer Professional

First, to those of you doubting the story, I say: Why would I make up a story that makes me look like I had my head up my azz? (And, to the many trolls, please make fun of me for admitting that I am human)

Second, The sideways angle of the truck was extreme. Clearly my explaination of the whole mess lacked the clarity I had hoped for. WHen I went into the water, I rolled down the window to yell at my friend to GET ME OUT. The engine continued to run until Durango pulled me out. I then opened the door, letting the water out, rolled down all the windows, and put it in park. The electrical problems happened then.

Lastly, I just thought you all might appreciate a good story involving the joys of offroading. I guess I was wrong.

I must admit, I got a pizzed at a couple of the responders, but I guess that should be expected.

Also, those of you who keep using AE, after I stated I didn't know what the heck that meant, might as well be barking like a dog. Communication is the art of being understood. Try it sometime...

-The Captain
Old 08-18-2006, 08:28 PM
Hummer Authority

wannabeH3 is an unknown quantity at this point

give him a break, he sunk his hummer, i have sunk my scout b4 it sucks.. i couldnt imagine water inside the nice new interior that would ruin my day for sure.
Old 08-18-2006, 08:38 PM
Steve - SanJose

It's cool, I like that blow dryer action that you provided.

S.